AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Postby Agrajag » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:45 am

This could use a bit more work before it's really "presentable," but I plan on taking this a different direction (which will break compatibility with the standard data files; don't worry, I'll have it use different ones, so your standard game is safe!) so I figure some people would like to have what's done so far.

--NOTE: All data file edits require this file in order to prevent the "Game files have been modified" error.

Various things from the old forum:
Tiga De Ragan board fix. (Makes it require Par Ork instead of the normally-unavailable Arti Diga).
PSP1: player stats, monster stats (remove the _psp1 at the end). These will not be supported at all in the future and do not have proper stats above character level 100, they're just a novelty.
PSP2i: player stats, monster stats. (Remove the _psp2i at the end). These are unsupported and _hilariously unbalanced_ (didn't alter the individual monsters or the tech/PA multipliers), use at your own risk.

New stuff:
Item addon. They don't drop, but this will enable pretty much all of the standard AotI weapons (only one per model; kubara copies have placeholder stats) and room decorations if you want to cheat for them (there are guides pretty much all over the place for this). Note that it is not compatible with the PSP1/2i stats!
Modified .exe and data file. Same as above, but enables advanced types. NOTE: they have placeholder stats, but if you use the data file, they'll have their online weapon proficiencies. (File not being supported).

Mission pack 4/cumulative mission pack
Mission pack 5 (you should probably play this one) (requires mission pack 4 and a Japanese game installation directory)

Things to expect in the future:
Reworked APCs!

Story missions!

Supplemental/third update content!
(This is the one that requires breaking compatibility with the standard files; you cannot possibly fit 75 Kubara sabers into 20 weapon slots).
Last edited by Agrajag on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Agrajag

Re: AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Postby Mewn » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:34 pm

What you've managed to do already is pretty amazing, needless to say I'm looking forward to giving this a whirl when it's complete. Any chance of modding tools for people who aren't versed in hex editing and whatnot?
Mewn

Postby LightDark » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Whoo! All of these things are awesome! I can't wait to get this trying.

By the way, did you fix the Rappy/Al/Amure Tippies sound or does it still have that bubble like sound?
LightDark

Postby Macman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:47 pm

This is already looking impressive!
When you say story missions, are you referring to porting episode 3 to the offline client, or are the other story missions I'm not aware of, or are you talking completely new missions from scratch?
Macman

Postby xKasuka1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:36 pm

OMG so cool! I will try it soon! ^_^
- It's True
xKasuka1

Postby Agrajag » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Mewn wrote:Any chance of modding tools for people who aren't versed in hex editing and whatnot?
I'll make what I've been using available once it's in a presentable state (Windows only, sorry).

LightDark wrote:By the way, did you fix the Rappy/Al/Amure Tippies sound or does it still have that bubble like sound?
Functioning as intended. I figured the Kohibumiteri sound was more appropriate than that freaky... twang? that they had offline. If I can figure out the online sound, I'll use that.

Macman wrote:When you say story missions, are you referring to porting episode 3 to the offline client, or are the other story missions I'm not aware of, or are you talking completely new missions from scratch?
Online story and side story missions (Magashi Plan, Innocent Girl, Door to Subspace). Results so far in playing them offline are good, just gotta fix a few bugs and then wrap them up in a counter so people can access them. As much as I'm somehow tempted to rewrite about half of episode 3 (it kinda falls apart somewhere in the middle of Ambition's End, you know?), that's a lot of effort that I really can't promise.

I do intend to remove the "must have completed the story once in order to do subplots", though. A Magashi Plan-styled "skip all previously viewed cutscenes" option would be nice, but it's likely to be horribly cumbersome to retrofit into missions that didn't already have it, so don't hold your breath.
Agrajag

Postby xKasuka1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Agrajag wrote: enables lobby animations offline. May be one other thing, but I forgot what it is.

This I think belongs here. I was playing Phantasy Star Portable 2 and I had TempAR. I used it to mod my character a bit. But I judst went down the list changing random values. Some froze my psp some didn't. But one I did made the lobby actions change. Some of the lobby actions made my character do sword moves, Grand Crusher was one I really remember. Uhmm...also like the 1st swing of the sword also. I'm just saying it's possible to do it. I just don't know how I did it.
EDIT:
The mods keep getting me a message saying files were modded. PSU will end. Any help?
- It's True
xKasuka1

Postby Macman » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:51 am

You think it would be possible to make techniques a less daunting task to level?
Macman

Postby Sakarisei » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:36 am

Yep, great job dude =)
Sakarisei

Postby Agrajag » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:04 am

xKasuka1 wrote:EDIT:
The mods keep getting me a message saying files were modded. PSU will end. Any help?
Whoops, my mistake. All data file modifications require this file, otherwise the game will close with that error. Added to the first post.

Macman wrote:You think it would be possible to make techniques a less daunting task to level?
Easily. Slightly less easily, I also intend to make the 31-40 and 41-50 tiers actually mean something; as it is now, offline just treats them as an extra 20 levels in the 21-30 tier. This means that things like rifle bullets (no knockdown at 31+! also no SE level up at 41+), buffs/debuffs (SE lv5 for them doesn't even actually work offline, all its modifiers are the same as lv4), and AoE techs (no extra target at 31!) suffer inordinately.
Agrajag

Next

Return to PSU Modding