Our Respective Tomorrows (Important patch news)

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Our Respective Tomorrows (Important patch news)

Postby Agrajag » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:31 pm

This day has been a long time coming. I've been trying to come up with a good way to put it, but... nothing really came to me.

It looks like the final major client update of episode 4 was last Tuesday; it added the battle against Deus ESC-A Zephyros and the data for the duel against Demon Phaleg and the battle against Deus ESC-A Gracia. The 5th anniversary of the closed beta translation was April 19th.

This seems like an appropriate time. The April 21st main patch release is the final one that EspioKaos and I will be involved with. We are the last of the main patch team; henceforth, the story patch team will be in charge of everything. I have every confidence they'll do a good job with it. Naturally, though, patch updates will no longer be posted in the topic here.

Postmortems in the coming days. It's been a long and occasionally rough road, the people involved all have opinions on how it went.
Agrajag

Re: Our Respective Tomorrows (Important patch news)

Postby Shadowth117 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:44 pm

You guys have really done quite a lot of work for the PS community over the years and I, as well as many others, really respect you for it all.

I do feel inclined to ask something that a number in my circles are now wondering about though and that's if you would be willing to show us how to continue this work. While the story patch group has done and continues to do wonders for foreign PSO2 players, there are understandably a lot of things that to date have never been and probably never will be translated by them due to the scope of it all. A lot of people I know would feel very honored if you might be so willing as to share your knowledge, and perhaps tools if need be, on the topic.

Regardless of how you feel about the above, I really do want to give my personal thanks to you for helping not only the foreign PSO2 community to blossom, but also for all of your work with PSU and other titles in the series. You and Espio both more than deserve the weight off of your shoulders after all of this time.
Shadowth117

Postby AIDA » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:44 pm

I know we've discussed it for a while, but it seems surreal that it's happening. There's a lot of things still on my mind about this, and I've said some of these things to you already. I expect I'll write more once I get my thoughts properly together but above all else... Thank you.

Shadowth117 wrote:You guys have really done quite a lot of work for the PS community over the years and I, as well as many others, really respect you for it all.

I do feel inclined to ask something that a number in my circles are now wondering about though and that's if you would be willing to show us how to continue this work. While the story patch group has done and continues to do wonders for foreign PSO2 players, there are understandably a lot of things that to date have never been and probably never will be translated by them due to the scope of it all. A lot of people I know would feel very honored if you might be so willing as to share your knowledge, and perhaps tools if need be, on the topic.

Regardless of how you feel about the above, I really do want to give my personal thanks to you for helping not only the foreign PSO2 community to blossom, but also for all of your work with PSU and other titles in the series. You and Espio both more than deserve the weight off of your shoulders after all of this time.

We (as previously announced: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthr ... rtant-info) have plans to open source the English patch text (likely today or tomorrow), so those who will to translate them will be able to. Have no worries.
AIDA

Postby casualTryhard » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:03 am

Thanks Ag and Espio, it kinda sucks to see this for tweakerless users, but I can understand why this happened.

For what it's worth it was always pretty infuriating to see how little credit this team actually got for the patch - I do hope you know that even though others might have often received the praise for your work wrongfully, your work was still much appreciated.
casualTryhard

Postby AIDA » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:19 am

casualTryhard wrote:Thanks Ag and Espio, it kinda sucks to see this for tweakerless users, but I can understand why this happened.

For what it's worth it was always pretty infuriating to see how little credit this team actually got for the patch - I do hope you know that even though others might have often received the praise for your work wrongfully, your work was still much appreciated.

It doesn't help that most of the community can't/wont read. People just generally assume I somehow do everything to the point where some people have even asked me what it's like working for SEGA and have seriously thanked me for making PSO2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
AIDA

Postby Chikinface » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:56 pm

Over the last few years I've come to regard you as... people... I met. I only really jumped in to translate some Katakana stuff every so often and distract people with political/other problems so it makes little difference to me in the end. But really I saw the amount of work they had to put in despite the work and other obligations they had so good job all.

Some forum reorganising/repurposing may need to be done in the near future then. Nothing major I imagine.

PSUmods itself should continue, there's still PSU stuff that people seem eager to do. I'm still fucking around with PSO2 stuff on occasion so that'll likely continue here too (I still need to post up what I know about the PSO2 model format :c).

For those taking the patch forward, could something for tweakerless users be worked out? It does add complication on the end of whoever's working on the patch of course (mostly hosting I'd imagine) but it'd seem a shame to lose the users who don't want to or can't use the tweaker for whatever reason.
Chikinface

Postby Macman » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:14 pm

As long as I can continue using an external .rar instead of the Twerker to download and install these patches, I'm more than happy. :lol:

You guys did an great job for an unbelievably long amount of time. Hey maybe this means more work on Hope & Despair, hmm? :v
Macman

Postby AIDA » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:27 pm

Macman wrote:As long as I can continue using an external .rar instead of the Twerker to download and install these patches, I'm more than happy. :lol:

Chikinface wrote:For those taking the patch forward, could something for tweakerless users be worked out? It does add complication on the end of whoever's working on the patch of course (mostly hosting I'd imagine) but it'd seem a shame to lose the users who don't want to or can't use the tweaker for whatever reason.

Due to our method (at this time), it's not possible. I wouldn't say it will never happen, because we said that about the item patch and other stuff, and they ended up being possible. But for the moment, no. Sorry!
AIDA

Postby houraisan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:44 pm

welp.

i really don't want to use the tweaker because the plugins still get downloaded even if you don't want them. i went so far as to entirely purge it from my system, even, because i didn't want anything related to plugins on my system at all, so i guess this is where i part ways with the game (i was already considering it anyway)

have fun doing better things tho y'all. your work was appreciated
houraisan

Postby Max B » Mon May 01, 2017 12:01 am

Thank you Agrajag and Espio and everyone else that contributed for all the work you guys have done for the Phantasy Star community over the years.Glad I know the menus pretty well by now as I would never use the tweaker system.
Max B

Next

Return to PSO2 Patch