A minor glimpse into the release client

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: A minor glimpse into the release client

Postby Poyo'nch'o » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm

As you might know, there are two unknown enemies that were datamined : enemy_en_dpp1.ice and enemy_en_dpp2.ice. I tried looking for more informations about them but I actually have no clues where to look nor how to do, the only thing I found is that dpp2 is supposed to be a boss. So i was wondering if, by any chance, the english patch caught in an e-trial or an EQ message about it, or even better : a name (I think I am dreaming for this one lol) ? Thx. :3
Poyo'nch'o

Postby Agrajag » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:41 pm

They're generally more careful about not adding things prior to their releases now.

I'm actually probably more unhappy about this than you are.

For what it's worth, you see these filenames in the list in the lua file:
enemy/en_dpp1_common.ice
enemy/en_dpp1.ice
enemy/en_dpp1_eff.ice
enemy/en_dpp2_common.ice
enemy/en_dpp2.ice
enemy/en_dpp2_eff.ice

Take these strings and md5 hash them. For instance,
enemy/en_dpp1_common.ice becomes 3c835e231106bb1608c5d976f3e4e822

That hashed filename would be that ice file. That one in particular's not present, I don't really care to check on all the others. Odds are good that the interesting stuff would be in en_dpp1.ice and en_dpp2.ice, not so much the effects ("eff") or common data ("common") ones.
Agrajag

Postby Poyo'nch'o » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:56 am

Well, it seems none of them is present in the data... They haven't even updated the E-code messages file.
Edit : They actually have, in 057aa975bdd2b372fe092614b0f4399e, there is a file called "ii_dpp_chase.text", but still I have unreadable characters. (http://imgur.com/XzYDrpG)

Also what are you using to open the .lua files ? I'm actually using Wordpad and this is usually what I see, bunch of unreadable characters, then readable, then unreadable etc... Should I download another software or something like this or does it actually happen to you ?

Poyo'nch'o

Postby Chikinface » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:24 pm

What you're looking at is compiled lua code. It's essentially code represented by byte values rather than just explicitly in text. Those symbols are your word processor's best attempt to try to display the data as text. That's the simple explanation anyway.

To see something resembling the original code you'd need to use a lua decompiler (after making a small change to the lua files here, as deicer adds a bit of data iirc which if not removed will cause issues). To be honest, the decompiled lua file is really no more informative generally than just reading the names of things in the compressed data so I wouldn't worry about it. Decompiling the scripts is more relevant for those wishing to make changes to the scripts.
Chikinface

Postby Poyo'nch'o » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:09 pm

I see, thanks, so nothing that really matter right ?

And about this, after "IncidentName", is it the same thing or is it just my computer that is derping with japanese characters or something like that (it is the ii_dpp_chase.text situated in the 057aa975bdd2b372fe092614b0f4399e file) ?
Poyo'nch'o

Postby Chikinface » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:49 pm

It'll be some kinda data yeh. Not too familiar with how compiled lua is structured or I'd be able to say more.

Anyway on top of previously revealed enemies:

PtmPillbug -> Phantom version of Vid Luda (stunbug)
c0_mt -> No idea. Has a bunch of spearshot and various shot attacks. Also a swordfield.
DE -> Likewise. No AI data.
DEHm -> Bunch of dash moves. Uses a horn.
PAMan -> Has various attack states. Seems to use shooting, teching and a combation of the two at once at least.

Aside the pillbug, these enemies follow no naming convention that I'm aware of. I cant really hazard any guesses from the name and AI data as to what they may even be.
Chikinface

Postby Agrajag » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:19 pm

That dpp_chase E-trial is named "(仮)を撃退せよ!". Essentially, "(temporary) Defeat everything!"; it's a placeholder.

The only real useful information you can get out of it is that there's navigator chatter when you break things ("NpcComOnBreakRegion1", "NpcComOnBreakRegion2", "NpcComOnBreakRegion3").

The .text files, despite their names, are still binary files (they're kind of a tree, 3 layers deep--section name, language number, string name=string contents); if you have a hex editor that supports both ASCII (for the names) and UTF-16LE (for the contents), you can see all of it by flipping back and forth.
Agrajag

Postby dian333 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:20 am

japanese have been insane!!
after .dds texture and material alpha ,they try to change model vertex <x,y,z>

web: http://tamae.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gameurawaza/1459296002/970

==============
administrators can delete this message ,after you see this web ......
“dead neet is too disgusting”
dian333

Postby dian333 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:10 am

situation:
they make a simple NIFL.exe (window command exe) and some exe according to apy.py which chrrox VTBF version .
the .zip file NIFL.exe need a password(which you can only get from their twitter)
now they can change .dds texture and some material parameter like alpha and color ,and they change UV ,vextex<X Y Z>,and make a tool to fix face-normal.
Of course, they can repack the resource file to .ice and succeed in running game.

Luckily,they are poor of math and still trouble in aqp < > FBX .

(OK,i know ,part of they will see this reply.and i can not keep from undermining the game)

-----------------------------------------
dead neet is too disgusting
Attachments
nifl.png
nifl.png (36.04 KiB) Viewed 29586 times
dian333

Postby shade » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:24 pm

I don't have time to check this (and I've no immediate interest to do so because it's related to PSO2), but I think it's a nice finding.

I'm really tempted to post the password, because I find it's stupid (if they don't want to share this tool, simply don't share it).
I don't want to make futur things harder to find, dl, unlock, etc... in future. So, I won't publish it. But you can find a hint in the post numbered three hundred eighty.
shade

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch