A minor glimpse into the release client

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: A minor glimpse into the release client

Postby Poyo'nch'o » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:19 am

So this isn't this ?

More seriously, it makes sense now that you're telling it.
Poyo'nch'o

Postby Chikinface » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:12 am

ptm_crow is in-game already.

ptm_ins_roach is a new one, as is ult_waker_beast.
Chikinface

Postby Chikinface » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:53 pm

So I was pondering if ptm_ins_roach was a phantom versoin of Goldrahda or not and well...

Char24_ALT
enemy/en_ptm_alt.ice
Char24_ALTUniq
enemy/en_ptm_alt_uniq.ice
Char23_KR
enemy/en_char23_kr.ice
PtmSpider
enemy/en_ptm_ins_spider.ice,
PtmToyBoxMissile
enemy/en_ptm_toy_box_missile.ice
PtmBirdStacked
enemy/en_ptm_bird_dharma.ice
PtmFloatageFish
enemy/en_ptm_fish_float_b.ice
PtmBugLegion
enemy/en_ptm_ins_legion.ice
PtmBirdBat
enemy/en_ptm_bird_bat.ice
PtmBirdBatCommon
PtmBirdBatRare
enemy/en_ptm_bird_bat_rare.ice
PtmToyCrazyBear
enemy/en_ptm_toy_bear_a.ice

Among a couple more NPC enemies, we have a bunch of phantom versions of Darkers it seems. No idea when they might turn up.

ByakkoG
enemy/en_byakko_g.ice

Random new version of Tagami. No idea.

DPP1
enemy/en_dpp1.ice,

And this one is also a mystery. "dp" is normally used for falz, but it could be an anagram for some unknown collab boss down the line much like DK turned out to be.
Chikinface

Postby Poyo'nch'o » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Actually... I found "this" when looking for miniatures, looks like a Falz, doesn't he ?

http://i.imgur.com/XARd8aV.jpg (potential spoilers)
The fact that it is blue instead of red make me think that we might have Ether equivalent of Dark Falzes.

Complete album : http://imgur.com/a/Tzo0Y (potential spoilers)
In one we can see a pink phantom mob created by Och.
Poyo'nch'o

Postby dian333 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:25 am

how can you tranlate the file's name (file in "win32",like "dc44e2fdb4892bd5ac39eeacd22ec103",which is a AC hair_style ) to
"enemy/en_ptm_toy_bear_a.ice"
this format ?
dian333

Postby Agrajag » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:15 am

Take the MD5 hash of the filename. There are various things that'll do this, but when I need individual ones, I use this one. Put enemy/en_ptm_toy_bear_a.ice into that, you get 7598c0bb7bac42ceae3cb14f283bb59a back, which unfortunately does not exist.

You cannot take the hash and get the original filename from it, it's a strictly one-way process. If you want a full list, you have to try every possible filename and keep the ones that exist in the data directory.
Agrajag

Postby dian333 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:16 am

if the cloth name(JP_name) have been kown,
how can we find out the correct file name ,(for example ,../hair002 snxxx/obj001)
to find MD5 .ice name?
===========================
can be find in .lua file?
Attachments
pso2cml.JPG
pso2cml.JPG (56.38 KiB) Viewed 32204 times
dian333

Postby Chikinface » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:19 pm

Getting the MD5 hash requires a few steps. The general form is:

Get the desired item's ID (which you've got)
    Match the ID with with a file
    Work out what the archive would be called
    Run this name through an MD5 hash generator
    If this hash matches an existing file in PSO2's data you did it right.

So.. yeah. You pretty much have to make an educated guess at the archive name. MD5 hashing is a one way process so there's no other way to do it.

As we're just dealing with character parts the first part of the name is always going to be the same; "character/making/"

The next part of the name will be something like "pl_xx_12345.ice". That 12345 is the ID you're seeing output from the parser.

So that just leaves the "pl_xx" in "pl_xx_12345.ice". To work that out will depend on the part you're trying to find. Heres a quote from the PSO2 modding thread for the different types:

pl_
-pl_ah used for accessories.
-pl_ba used for body paint.
-pl_bd used for normal outfits.
-pl_bp used for stickers/emblems.
-pl_bs used for basic skin textures.
-pl_ey used for eyes.
-pl_hb used for eyebrows.
-pl_hd used for head parts?
-pl_hr used for hair.
-pl_hs used for face paint.
-pl_lg used for leg parts.
-pl_mob random civilian textures?
-pl_rm used for arm parts.
-pl_tr used for torso parts.

Note that eyelashes are a bit odd... They seem to be under "pl_eb" as archives but the textures are "pl_hr". It's terribly confusing I know, I need to confirm this properly at some point.

For example, let's take the "Eyes" property of that output you posted. "Eyes ID 00064". We know from the above table that eyes are stored under "pl_ey" so with that info we can construct the name "pl_ey_00064.ice".

We also know from the start of the post that character parts are all in the directory "character/making". So add that and we have "character/making/pl_ey_00064.ice". Take that full name and run it through an MD5 hasher, we tend to use this one online here for individual files: http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/md5.php. In this case it outputs "304d027e93493bac3408fbf0e59c00cd" which I can confirm with an old file list does match an actual archive, but you could just search that in your PSO2 directory to confirm. If you find nothing, something went wrong somewhere.

This should work for anything that isn't layered wear. I haven't seen a layered wear archive name to confirm how they're arranged. It's possible it's still "pl_bd_12345.ice" but without seeing one to be certain... Basically I can't guarantee that it'll work for layered wear until I have an opportunity to try it myself.
Chikinface

Postby dian333 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:33 am

three layer cloth ,its name have been change ...(because the old index is too big ,for example pl_...8000, old index will >9999,so the new one become smaller,like pl_...2000)
you can find true file name from "pl_making_system.cmx" (changed with game update)
======================================
a old version "pl_making_system.cmx" file from "PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_CHARACTERCREATOR_ver2"(maybe ver1 ,forget)

==========
and my queastion is:
if we know cloth name like
"ラッピースーツ" (yellow lappy cloth )
how can we learn the file name like
"pl_bd_0320"
Attachments
23.PNG
23.PNG (43.43 KiB) Viewed 32186 times
dian333

Postby Chikinface » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:06 pm

If you just have the name of the costume and nothing else, you'll need the text files. If you don't have one there isn't a way to do it as far as I know. I don't know how to get the text files myself.

If you have the full ID (output from the parser) and assuming you have the entire client extracted somewhere, just do a search of the last 4 digits of the outfit. If the id is 12345, then searching pl_bd_2345 is usually enough to find it.

Hope that helps, sorry for the late reply.
Chikinface

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch