AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: AotI Offline (Unofficial) Expansion: Despair and Hope

Postby mry » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:21 pm

and a weapon or a cloth pack will it by possible ?
mry

Postby Macman » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:50 am

Cool stuff. Glad to hear this is still making progress
Agrajag wrote:Wrote an extractor for files from Phantasy Star Zero (if anyone's interested, let me know--it looks like the things in them tend to be either really simple or standard DS file formats, but it's still a rather esoteric subject)

I'm mildly interested, but mostly to see some images of in-game models at a higher resolution.
Macman

Postby shade » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:56 pm

mry wrote:and a weapon or a cloth pack will it by possible ?
For clothes, I should further investigate this matter (it won't be done before a while).

But for weapons, if someone can provide me at least a tool that can decrypt and re-encrypt the "the char[0x30]" that starts at 0x10 in the REL part in the header (in blue) by using the decryption 4 bytes key seed which is at 0x1C in the file (in red) :
then I'd be able to swap models available offline by any other one (even Sup' Up' content).

It won't be a true/proper weapons pack - items will keep their default names, descriptions, stats, etc... I'll just swap models without guarantees on the visual/sound effects - but it can offer a glimpse to what the D&H mod will bring back offline, especially for those who have never played online.

Because of that, if it's something I can make, it won't include the coolest weapons : I don't want ruin Agrajag efforts on his patch or reveal the coolest thing the game can provide.

In fact, I didn't wanted to do that but, recently, I found several *.afs unpacker/repacker designed for an other SEGA game, which also work for PSU:AotI. And during these holidays, I wanted to see what can be done with them for PSU. I have seen your question - though I don't really participate/post 'cause I'm really short of time, I still lurk on this forum - and thought it would be interesting (and not very time consuming). But I've quickly realized that without *.nbl "editor", *.afs (un)packer is pretty useless.

About the PSØ files extractor, I'm not really interested, but it'd be cool to see it available : the more resources are available, the better it is.

I really hope that all people who are working on the PSU serie games can at least share their discoveries between them : everyone may profit from a cooperation of this sort.
shade

Postby Agrajag » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:40 pm

Okay, it's roughly a week and a half late, but...!

Mission Pack 4
What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age!

This is a cumulative mission pack--it includes all previous mission packs. Missions are available from the club on the third floor of Clyez City, speak to Hal.

New missions, this time from v1 offline:
Frozen Woods: Clean up ice contamination in the Mizuraki Conservation District.
Temple of Ice: Break through the ice-contaminated Kokura Temple on Neudaiz.
Absolute Zero: Wipe out the swarm of monsters attacking the Moatoob confinement device.

All three missions have been expanded to have the standard array of AotI difficulties (C-S3).

Download is available here.

NOTE: Because of how this one works, it does not and will not support any other mod that modifies c350fa9e8747437372770fde752308a5 (the item expansion is included). This means the PSP1/PSP2 player stats and the advanced types mod.
ALSO NOTE: Snowcap Screamer and Beach Bum Beast still require the "bosswarps" .exe (included in the rar) and the map files if you're not playing on a client that includes them.

Known issues:
Frozen Woods requires a Photon Reflector to complete, but there's no way to actually get a Photon Reflector (sorry, I couldn't figure out how to make a mission successfully give out an item yet). You'll have to cheat to get one if you want to play it.
Ranking conditions and rewards for the v1 missions have not been adjusted for the new ranks.
Monsters in the v1 missions have the wrong speeds. Monsters are supposed to get faster on higher difficulties, these do not.
The displayed locations at the counter are... umm... special. This is purely aesthetic.
Several missions have names, locations, or descriptions that overrun the display in the counter. For the final version of D&H, I'm looking at expanding the text field sizes, so it shouldn't matter there, but... this is using an old client, so it's not worth fixing.

If anyone finds any issues, please let me know. I've spot checked a fair amount of it, but there's always the risk I missed something. Also, let me know if any of the missions are impossible to S-rank!

mry wrote:and a weapon or a cloth pack will it by possible ?

I'll discuss this in a day or two. "Dump a few missions on top of Fight for Food" is trivial, actually doing things the right way took the better part of a week, so I'm a bit burned out right now.
Agrajag

Postby shade » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:46 am

I wanted to try it quickly, but I haven't managed to make it work : the game crashes when I try to launch one of the new missions available through this mod. I can play to any default mission with your *.exe, but when I do this, the game crashes when I access to the mission counter when I speak to Hal.

Here's my filelist :
http://pastebin.com/VhSEZisN
I'm using a copy of the JP client (v. 2.0014.30), unmoded (excepted with my story mish').

Can't wait for the news about the weapons and clothes.
TYVM for what you've achieved so far.
shade

Postby Agrajag » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:56 am

Argh, oops. Included the wrong version of c350fa9e8747437372770fde752308a5. Fixed the .rar, or you can redownload only that file from here. (no other files changed in the .rar)
Agrajag

Postby shade » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:06 am

Thanks ! It seems to work fine (I've been able to start a mission).
I'll try this out later.

Edit :
On a side note, to those who also play on Clementine, atm, you *should* install the D&H mod on a separate install : the Clem' patcher will modify the c350fa9e8747437372770fde752308a5 the next time you'll play online (and breaks your D&H install if you use the same game client for both offline and online modes).
shade

Postby Agrajag » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:15 am

shade wrote:Edit :
On a side note, to those who also play on Clementine, atm, you *should* install the D&H mod on a separate install : the Clem' patcher will modify the c350fa9e8747437372770fde752308a5 the next time you'll play online (and breaks your D&H install if you use the same game client for both offline and online modes).

Yeah... I'll need to talk to Adam about that at some point. We can work something out for this sort of thing moving forward (the final version uses a different file, so it won't be affected, this is for mission packs).

Was actually considering having it point at a different lobby file, too, so that a standard install would not have a crashing counter (I know how to do this).

Anyway, a word on how this actually works and why it's a problem to begin with:
In the lobby file, there's an entrance, it says to open counter 200 (I chose 200, it's arbitrary).
The game takes that and opens the counter file for it (xf_qe_table0200.afs) and reads the data out of it. This is fine, it doesn't conflict with anything.
When you select a mission in that counter, it takes the mission number from the counter (for instance, Bladed Legacy C first layout is 1035100) and looks up the mission number to find the actual filename. If the mission number is absent, it crashes. This list is in c350fa9e8747437372770fde752308a5. (It actually loads the lobby mission from the same list--my personal D&H builds use a custom lobby mission, while standard .exes in the same directory load the original file.)

This would be fine, but... c350fa9e8747437372770fde752308a5 is the file that contains huge portions of the game data. It has all of the offline drop tables, offline character stat tables, offline PA/tech stats, various controls for attacks (want to remove a hitbox from Tornado Dance? you'll be modifying this file), and generally speaking anything that they could ever want to update. Pretty much every online update touched this file for one reason or another. (Supplemental update clients also used an additional similar file, but both tended to be updated)

Fast forward to a few days ago. Clementine's finally got a patch server written, and someone accidentally dumps a random assortment of data files on it including (I believe) one of my modified copies of c350fa9e8747437372770fde752308a5. Seeing how we have no idea who has which of those files, the only really coherent fix was... to reset everyone to the default.

This... err... has its own issues. Some people are using an original from-disc US/EU client, some are using a final US/EU client, some are using a US .exe in a JP directory (and therefore the JP data files), some are using the JP client (I think the gameguard servers are down, so... people who are running server emulators, pretty much), and each of those have different (sometimes incompatible) versions of each file...

Basically, as always, something needs to be done, but nobody's sorted out what that something is yet.

Note: the final goal is, of course, using a hacked version of the final JP client that supports everyone's preferred languages because trying to port all the supplemental content to a pre-supplemental client is... well, I was trying to do it, and it surpassed the limit of my abilities--attempting to activate a switch while equipping twin sabers would cause you to play the Blade Destruction animation, pretty much any elementally-colored weapon that did not use the "photon" effect (Ambicion, Traicion, Divine Elsydeon, etc) have its "elemental" things rendered blinding white, no new weapon visual effects (heaven punisher's bullets, most "creates sparks and uses unique bullets" weapons, etc) are available... and that's ignoring the huge pile of non-implemented features that I didn't run into.
Agrajag

Postby thorof » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:29 pm

is there a way to get the Oratorio Frame in any of these mods? if so can you guys/girls put alink to it in the reply plz
thorof

Postby shade » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:35 pm

Agrajag wrote:the final goal is, of course, using a hacked version of the final JP client that supports everyone's preferred languages
That's what I thought. And to continue to support this option, now I'm seeing more clearly what each of you (Psumods & Clémentine) may require at level of installed client - and for the JP players on other way to launch the game in JP more logical, largely less tedious (and crappy) - I've updated all patches, which now include the JP 2.0014.30 content (in addition to the previous fix'/supplements).

Excepted the users who have installed the JP patch who'd better make a new proper installation of the game (sorry for the inconvenience), INT users can simply add manually to their game datas the contents of the "Patch 2.0014.30". But if you're unsure of what you'll do, unistall and install again the game.

A word on the JP patch update : what I did, and thought it'd be a good idea in long term (especially for D&H), is to use an "english" crack, which uses English strings in the game data. So the workaround was to replace every AE strings by the J ones (tedious and nasty solution).

But with your - Agrajag - "_suIlluminus_j.exe", I've discovered it's possible to indicate to any *.exe (offline or online) to use almost every JP strings by simply replacing "f7 d8 1b c0 83 e0 fd 83 c0 04 57 8b f8 a3 b4 df" by "f7 d8 1b c0 83 e0 fd 31 c0 90 57 8b f8 a3 b4 df" (0x00155850 / 0x00156f30). When you only do this, few things are broken, like the item descriptions that don't load or the NPC partner's name that are in English. All the "broken things" are, luckily, things that are streamed from the server when you play online (excepted the NPC's names, but it should really be easy to fix that). So I'd rather include a maximum of the original files, don't use anymore an English crack for the offline (but your JP one which works perfectly fine, though we lose the emotes compared to the previouse one - maybe it can be fixed easily ? I've to check that, I forgot to do it...) and a modded "PsuIlluminus.exe" (for the online) that use JP text for the interface.

And to finish on the D&H mods, here are some edited "bosswarps exe" :
INT 1920x1080 (without mini-map)
J
J 1920x1080 (without mini-map)

Edit :

PsuIlluminusOff.exe
0x000f0d80 : 00 / 01 ➝ NPC names in J / AE
0x0012aa55 : 00 / 01 ➝ Enable / Disable emotes
0x0012c0fa : 74 / 75 ➝ Enable / Disable the ALT+F1 command (emote available through the menu if activated)
0x00155857 : 31 c0 90 / 83 c0 04 ➝ Game in J / AE (NPC names and item desc. excepted)
0x00169ca0 : 00 / 01 ➝ Enable / Disable the □/x/down command (shortcut works if emotes are enabled)
0x0016cf01 : 00 / 01 ➝ Turn on/off the display of the "Lobby Action" name in city on the bottom right corner
0x0016dbbd : 00 / 01 ➝ Turn on/off the display of the down Arrow icon in city on the bottom right corner
0x0049b3f2 : 4a 2e 61 66 73 00 / 41 45 2e 61 66 73 00 ➝ Item desc. in J / AE

PsuIlluminus.exe
0x000f15b0 : 00 / 01 ➝ NPC Name in J / AE
0x00156f37 : 31 c0 90 / 83 c0 04 ➝ Game in J / AE (NPC names and item desc. excepted)
0x004b12b2 : 4a 2e 61 66 73 00 / 41 45 2e 61 66 73 00 ➝ Item desc. in J / AE (unused)

Everything was fixed in the J patch (and on the above J bosswarps exe)

Edit bis :
And, sadly, I've noticed that the latest mission pack tends to be unstable : it may crash when you access to the Hal counter (usually when you want to do a 2nd run).
shade

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding