The Localization Argumentation Destination [Patch Feedback]

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: The Localization Argumentation Destination [Patch Feedba

Postby Shadowkid229 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:37 am

Patch is still not working. Once applied the launcher starts checking files again, thus cancelling english patch.
Shadowkid229

Postby Shadowkid229 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:57 am

The english patch 8/26/2015 (updated one), after applying. I start the launcher and the game starts checking files again meaning it deletes the files I moved and replaced with previous. I have done this twice to confirm.
Shadowkid229

Postby ezodagrom » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:57 pm

Using the regular launcher, after applying the english patch, first the launcher redownloads the file d5480a26b3dea3dda37abd1b61fb47cd and then it forces a file check.
ezodagrom

Postby Qwerty » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Dia79 wrote:thx for the hard work ..but the patch isnt working at all still ..Installing the English patch causes PSO2 to do a file check. Dunno if it's the Enemy/JP names or the main EngPatch itself....i really hope you can fix this soon ><
Shadowkid229 wrote:Patch is still not working. Once applied the launcher starts checking files again, thus cancelling english patch.
Shadowkid229 wrote:The english patch 8/26/2015 (updated one), after applying. I start the launcher and the game starts checking files again meaning it deletes the files I moved and replaced with previous. I have done this twice to confirm.
ezodagrom wrote:Using the regular launcher, after applying the english patch, first the launcher redownloads the file d5480a26b3dea3dda37abd1b61fb47cd and then it forces a file check.

Ok. So this is a thing that has happened to random people at random times for about three years. We never figured out why. Unfortunately, it seems that it is now happening to everyone.

There are a couple options.

• You can use AIDA's tweaker program to update, patch, and launch the game, which bypasses this issue.
  • Try the methods listed in this thread to bypass the launcher after updating the game and manually applying the patches. I have not tested this in a very long while, so this method may no longer work.

If the second method there fails, just use the tweaker. I'm not technically savvy enough to comment on when/if/how this issue may be resolved otherwise, but maybe someone else here can.
Qwerty

Postby ezodagrom » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:12 pm

Qwerty wrote:
Dia79 wrote:thx for the hard work ..but the patch isnt working at all still ..Installing the English patch causes PSO2 to do a file check. Dunno if it's the Enemy/JP names or the main EngPatch itself....i really hope you can fix this soon ><
Shadowkid229 wrote:Patch is still not working. Once applied the launcher starts checking files again, thus cancelling english patch.
Shadowkid229 wrote:The english patch 8/26/2015 (updated one), after applying. I start the launcher and the game starts checking files again meaning it deletes the files I moved and replaced with previous. I have done this twice to confirm.
ezodagrom wrote:Using the regular launcher, after applying the english patch, first the launcher redownloads the file d5480a26b3dea3dda37abd1b61fb47cd and then it forces a file check.

Ok. So this is a thing that has happened to random people at random times for about three years. We never figured out why. Unfortunately, it seems that it is now happening to everyone.

There are a couple options.

• You can use AIDA's tweaker program to update, patch, and launch the game, which bypasses this issue.
  • Try the methods listed in this thread to bypass the launcher after updating the game and manually applying the patches. I have not tested this in a very long while, so this method may no longer work.

If the second method there fails, just use the tweaker. I'm not technically savvy enough to comment on when/if/how this issue may be resolved otherwise, but maybe someone else here can.

Seems like the d5480a26b3dea3dda37abd1b61fb47cd file is what is causing the file check to happen this time.
Tried copying the english patch files except for that one, and a file check didn't happen, only happens with that file, though without it there's the black screen after the logos.
ezodagrom

Postby Shadowkid229 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:17 pm

Here is the thing though. This was not the problem when the previous 8/26/2015 patch. That one was able to start the game but right after the Episode 3 movie clip, it just hung on a black screen. I hope he is able to fix this. I can wait. I am used to this method for a long time. I will wait
Shadowkid229

Postby Qwerty » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:13 pm

This is beyond my expertise, so you will have to wait for Agrajag to look into it.

There is no reason not to use the tweaker in the interim. You can switch right back to the official launcher when/if this is fixed.
Qwerty

Postby gween2 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:11 pm

I never can get my Tweaker to work and I dont understand it. :oops:
gween2

Postby Qwerty » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:13 am

Here's a quick update on the official launcher filecheck issue:

It might not be fixed for quite some time, if it is even able to be fixed.

For the time being, please use the tweaker.

I understand that some people have some qualms about using the tweaker. I once felt the same. However, I have been using the tweaker for the past year, and have not had any issues. There is nothing to worry about.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Please understand.
Qwerty

Postby gween2 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:15 am

How can I use Agrajag's patch with Tweaker? I patched the game with Tweaker and it gave me a lame patch that only has some of the weapon and item names in English, everything else in japanese. :oops:
gween2

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch