Did it die?

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Did it die?

Postby Rokon » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Yo! I'm Rokon, new member in the forums. I joined because I was interested in this EGS Server that I hear about. I'm sorta runnin' on fuel, trying to find out about the server, if it's still dead or alive, and if it is alive, what I can do to help out. I really love PSU, or rather, the Phantasy Star series (even if the PSU is sort of the younger brother of PSO to me e_e) and I want to be able to contribute to the best of my abilities. I've seen a ton of YouTube videos and I can't even decipher whether or not it's dead. The latest video I found was from October of 2011, so it can't die THAT fast now... can it?

I'm probably just goin' on a rant but I'd really like to join in the server or maybe, spread awareness about this project. I woudl ultimately really like this project to bloom.
Windows 95 is better than Windows 7, because 95 is a higher version number than 7.
Rokon

Re: Did it die?

Postby M3rror » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:16 pm

The best you can do is wait. Essen is still working on it, but it's sort of on the backburner of the list of things he's doing. Don't expect any drastic changes.
M3rror

Postby essen » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:27 pm

It's not dead.
essen
Site Admin

Postby Zaix » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Like others have said, it's not dead...There's just nothing to test so its just on the empty side.
Zaix

Postby Kotor Revan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:26 pm

I was just gonna post in forum and ask about the server... I hope it does come out soon. So Any news yet? This forum is kinda confusing for me.
Kotor Revan

Postby solarboymatt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:58 pm

When there's something notable to say about it, essen and the others will probably say something. From my understanding the game is a lot more complicated than people thought it would be, and a lot of behind the scenes work has to be done right now. So really, just be patient for now.

If you read the psumods archives stick you can see posts from the old forums about the state of the server and what not.
solarboymatt

Postby Kotor Revan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Do you think they gonna make it ? You said in a way that made me sad.... I look foward to phantasy star online 2 but, i really want to play this one too...
Well , At least Sega could support you guys... its kinda stupid they way they acted.... Why dont we all gather at Sega forums and beg for Source Code or something like that.... We could even gather some dollars and pay them idk.... What you Think ? Im just a newcomer here so i know nothing....
Kotor Revan

Postby essen » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:48 pm

We're gonna make it, the only question is when.
essen
Site Admin

Postby Mewn » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:28 pm

The thing is, a lot of the stuff that has been done recently is behind-the-scenes stuff - research, cleaning up code etc. It's obviously boring for observers and it doesn't mean anything to the end user, but the project isn't dead. At this point there simply aren't a lot of people who can really help with it (I can't, I have no knowledge of coding).

And Sega will never give or sell their source code no matter how hard we beg.
Mewn

Postby LightDark » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:27 am

Since there are compatibility issues with running a local server on Windows, there are things that I wish I could do but I just can't. So unfortunately, it's mostly up to essen at this point.
LightDark

Next

Return to PSU Modding