PSO2 final: English Patch

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: PSO2 final: English Patch

Postby Agrajag » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:13 am

New patch release. Filled in CO text, quest text, a few missing actor names, the new character creation sliders, the missing craft names/achievements (a few menu items are still missing), probably other things that I've forgotten. The JP actor/e-trial text files have been updated, along with the large files (they updated a whopping two of these this update, ugh).
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed May 07, 2014 3:49 am

Updated main patch and JP actor files.

Mewn's been very busy updating stuff on this. I don't have a full list of everything changed, but there's stuff like the craft menu, various quest descriptions, etc.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed May 21, 2014 3:38 am

Ugh.

Sega's doing something annoying with their update servers. I think the main patch is all that needed to be updated, but I'm not absolutely 100% on it.

A few of the errors reported in the feedback topic have been fixed (mostly the simple ones--broken Io chat, one or two typos, etc), more will be done in the coming weeks.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:36 am

Preliminary update's up. Most of the tedious-but-simple things should be done (so bingo, crafting recipes, etc), but the more complex stuff and most of the ship battle menus are missing still. Should be cleaned up tomorrow.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:40 am

Final patch for this week is up:
Large files were actually still stable, so the 04/23 version will still work.
JP enemy/E-trial files should be good unless they specifically update them (all new content in them is complete).
Main patch has been updated, but still has a few missing things (especially around the competition--fortunately that's still a couple weeks out!).

EDIT: Fixed typo in large files link.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:46 am

Maintenance release. They changed a whopping one line in the main patch, so a few of the pending fixes from before the DDoS made it in. No other file was affected, so the JP ones and the large files are all fine.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:53 am

All files updated for current game version.

Rather spotty translations, though, so beware (the enchanting stuff especially is mostly untranslated).
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Fixed the import error on the main patch, should be on the same download link as before. In a couple hours, I'll fix the JP actor/e-trial one (large files was unaffected).
Agrajag

Postby Qwerty » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:20 am

We are aware that some menu things are a little...different this time around.

Agrajag experimented with a different way of building the patch this time, and it seems like it somehow flipped menu entries with their corresponding tooltip entries. Whoops.

Everything is still clear as to its functionality, it just looks a bit uglier. It will be fixed next time the patch needs to be updated (probably in a week or two). It's not a big deal.

Please understand.
Qwerty

Postby Agrajag » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:02 am

Qwerty wrote:Agrajag experimented with a different way of building the patch this time, and it seems like it somehow flipped menu entries with their corresponding tooltip entries. Whoops.

Didn't flip them, made them both the same. Generally trying to make all of the Japanese strings always be translated the same way (it cuts out a ridiculous amount of work, trust me--like a full quarter of the patch is duplicated text).

But in this case, it grabbed those out of the configure menu, whoops. I'll try to handle conflict resolution there a bit better in future releases, for now... it's weird, but none of it's significantly misleading (unlike, say, blanking out all the new names--sorry about that).

Anyway, was busier than expected, JP enemy/e-trial files tomorrow.

EDIT: Just kidding, the JP enemy/E-trial files were fine anyway.
Agrajag

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch