Data Packets

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: Data Packets

Postby Molten » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:41 pm

looking forward to the details good sir, give me an estimate on your thought on success and failure right now, about 50/50 ?
Molten

Postby Eciah » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:25 pm

I am very glad to hear someone is still working on the EGS server!

I only recently found out about it (less than 24 hours ago) and I would like to offer any help I could to the project.

My working knowledge of Erlang (which according to the forums is the language this is done in correct?) is non-existent but I am a quick study and I have been teaching myself to code for over a year, If you would like any assistance I have a private Team speak channel, and Skype which I could be contacted on, I would love to be able to contribute to the project. PSU was one of my favorite games back in the day.

If you are interested in contacting me I would be absolutely ecstatic to provide any support I can.

I am reluctant to release my team speak info on a forum(as it is a private server and passworded) but I am sure if I can help we can find a way to be in contact.
Eciah

Postby essen » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:34 am

The 9GB of packets isn't everything no, it's missing a few rarer packets and variants of packets. Did someone add you to the PSU dropbox? There's a lot of useful notes, research materials and tools there.
essen
Site Admin

Postby mint » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:51 pm

I am using 9GB packet found on the net.
I am analyzing the battle packet, but enemy hit packet is not come from the client.
So if there is other information, I also want to know.

Sorry, I am using google translate.
mint

Postby TJ108 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:38 pm

I was not added to the dropbox, but it would be awesome if I was. My drop box email is Anthony.palmieri@live.com and for now, thats also a good way to contact me if needed.
TJ108

Postby essen » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:00 pm

The battle related packets are the 0x04** commands. There's only four of them IIRC (2 from client, 2 from server).
essen
Site Admin

Postby TJ108 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:20 pm

That leaves a lot of variables to be discovered. Thank you so much :) This will help us out big time!
TJ108

Postby Chikinface » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:03 pm

Eciah wrote:I am very glad to hear someone is still working on the EGS server!
My working knowledge of Erlang (which according to the forums is the language this is done in correct?) is non-existent but I am a quick study and I have been teaching myself to code for over a year, If you would like any assistance I have a private Team speak channel, and Skype which I could be contacted on, I would love to be able to contribute to the project. PSU was one of my favorite games back in the day.

Late reply but correct me if I'm wrong here, isnt TJ108's in C# or C++? I don't think they use erlang.
Chikinface

Postby TJ108 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Yes we started over in C++, because we didn't know Erlang well enough. It will be open source soon.
TJ108

Postby mint » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Thanks essen!

I tried it in various ways(I use analysis server which I made in C++).
Without ACK of 0x402, the enemy will spawn, it seems there is hit packet to the player from the enemy.
I think the following for 0x402 packet.
* Enemy condition state(AI etc.).
* ACK is 0x1201 packet.
* Enemy index is set_rX.rel file order.
* The amount of the condition state is different depending on the object.
* The hit judgment is a client, and the server does legitimacy confirmation.
Or, synchronization between the players.

However, from the player, the target circle is not to be hit in blue.
(Even if the same 9GB packet 0x105 packets, this problem has not yet been resolved.)
I think the problem of collision detection or players position, but it is not yet known...

Is there anybody out there who has other raw packet?
mint

Previous

Return to PSU Modding