SEA PSO2 confirmed for greatest English localization ever

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: SEA PSO2 confirmed for greatest English localization eve

Postby ZER0 DX » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:08 am

KanameChidori wrote:There are plans to use the localization to help with the patch?

I believe those were the initial plans since day one. Granted, most of us expected the patch to be borrowing assets from an official western localization, but since that doesn't exist this is the next best thing.
ZER0 DX

Postby Mewn » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:49 pm

Yeah there's always been plans in place to use bits and pieces to augment our own translations or fill in gaps. It's never really been a plan to take the localization wholesale.
Mewn

Postby Liminality » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:36 am

I'm relieved to find that kind of opinion here! That the subjective things aren't complete rubbish, that is.
Elsewhere, all I've heard is a bunch of people who would be lucky to be able to read 「の」, so I couldn't take their opinions on it seriously. Also AIDA herself trying to say that none of it is any good.

Anyway. Considering that they're using names that were on the soundtrack (Underworks, Lost Sea, etc.), I'd say most of the names aren't actually Asiasoft's work.
Things like "Wizard" and the like, though... That seems pretty in line with what they've done so far.

I look forward to seeing "Klotho" finally become "Chroto", among other things! ...Like Briarda.

(A note, when it comes to Lili's inconsistencies: It might have been based on Liliput, sooo.... Lilipur, for sure.)
Liminality

Postby Mewn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:47 am

Klotho is unlikely to change. Like several other NPCs in the game, Klotho appears to be named for an asteroid. Jozsef (also an asteroid), may change to Joseph though, as we're not entirely sure whether that one falls under the asteroid theme or the 'regular name' theme.
Mewn

Postby Qwerty » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:58 pm

Yeah, "Chroto" is never going to happen because it is both bad and wrong.

Breeahda is also unlikely to change, because it does in fact make more sense than Briarda.

The area names are extremely unlikely to change, because they are too long to fit in the game (also because some of them make very little sense).

What we are likely to use is stuff like the enemy prefix names.
Qwerty

Postby Mewn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:30 pm

As regards area names, I'm actually perfectly ok with using Cauldron, Underworks, and Skyscape. The others, nope.
Mewn

Postby Liminality » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:01 am

All previous statements retracted, then. Jeez.
Liminality

Postby Macman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:52 am

Qwerty wrote:What we are likely to use is stuff like the enemy prefix names.

You better leave "Rough Wave" alone. That name has infamy from when it meant an Org Blan was going to take 15 minutes for 10 people to kill.
Macman

Postby Qwerty » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:20 am

Rough Wave won't be changed. We're actually pretty proud of that one (it's a PSO music reference by the way!).
Qwerty

Postby Qwerty » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:45 am

Liminality wrote:All previous statements retracted, then. Jeez.

This is not the place to have this discussion.

However, this is: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=971

Feel free to voice your concerns in that thread and we can talk more about them.
Qwerty

Previous

Return to PSO2 Patch