SEA PSO2 confirmed for greatest English localization ever

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: SEA PSO2 confirmed for greatest English localization eve

Postby the SEGA shop » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:31 pm

I must have missed something bigtime because i thought this game wasn't coming to the west? :?: :oops: :?: :shock: :?:
the SEGA shop

Postby Rappy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:34 pm

the SEGA shop wrote:I must have missed something bigtime because i thought this game wasn't coming to the west? :?: :oops: :?: :shock: :?:

It's not, South East Asia is still in the East.
Rappy

Postby KanameChidori » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:51 pm

the SEGA shop wrote:I must have missed something bigtime because i thought this game wasn't coming to the west? :?: :oops: :?: :shock: :?:

SEA so places like Malaysia, Philippines and a few others.
KanameChidori

Postby Agrajag » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:49 pm

This is all real. Raujinn blogged about it (thanks to me also AIDA for getting me a copy of the SEA client).

I don't have all of the files extracted (I'm not going to discuss the specifics here), but from what I've seen, it's kinda split into about 3-4 parts.
1. Stuff that's been translated, cleaned up, and is ready for gameplay:
Oh, there you are, Loser. You sure like to take it easy, don't you? You see now? That's why I'm always calling you a loser. If you want me to see you as a true ARKS op, you'll have to work behind the scenes rescuing fellow ops who've gotten into a pinch. I'll be happy to watch you in action if you think you can handle it. Watch you fail, I mean.

2. Rough pass translations, that still need a bit of refinement before they're ready:
"Unfathomable Darkness[Elder]" (note the lack of spaces between Darkness and [Elder], and also that "[Elder]" is just "The Elder")
"Special Adv. Check : Undersea" (compare/contrast "Adv. Surveillance: Underworks")
"ARKS Grand Pris 2013 Finals" (misspellings)
"Guerrilla warfare in the Lost Sea" (compare/contrast "Cauldron Skirmish")

3. Stuff borrowed directly from the patch:
"Org Keratos"
"Vaadersoma" (special bonus rough pass--the tank is "Varder")
"Embryo Vardha"
"Dekor Maryuda"

Random datamine-y note: True to Sakai's word, there are new holidays for these regions--Singapore National Day, Malaysia National Day, Lunar New Year, Songkran (Thai New Year), Double Seventh Festival, some holiday without an english wikipedia article, some harvest festival, an event for the company running the Taiwan version, etc.
Agrajag

Postby Courina » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:17 am

well... in my opinion, these SEA Translation is ... well , pardon me... utmost distrubing abberation which are ruining 25 years of tradition of phantasy star...?
my first thought is the pso2 SEA translator have no idea about phantasy star series at all. Why they not hire Agrajag's and Aida's translation team instead?

anyway... slight i have worried now. im surely read somewhere that Agrajag's team will follow the eng localisation when it released...
so uh... again... Pardon me ...

PLEASE DONT COUNT SEANGLISH LOCALISATION AS ENGLISH LOCALISATION , THEY HORRIBLE DX Q_Q T-T

ya guys seriously doin better works than them >_<

well... again pardon for my messy horrible languange, since maybe im also counted as seanglish ppl too >_<
(and im seriously flustered right now due still have trauma with asiasoft ... and really wish pso2 jp not block ip sea user Q_Q )
Courina

Postby EspioKaos » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Don't worry, their "Wizard" and "Samurai" and "photon magics" and "Amplify" and etc. bullshit will not taint the patch. Some things may get carried over, such as NPC chatter and CO text, but anything that ignores years of established Phantasy Star history will be ignored.
EspioKaos

Postby Rappy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:10 pm

EspioKaos wrote:Don't worry, their "Wizard" and "Samurai" and "photon magics" and "Amplify" and etc. bullshit will not taint the patch. Some things may get carried over, such as NPC chatter and CO text, but anything that ignores years of established Phantasy Star history will be ignored.

Who Perfect Strike(or attack) instead of Just Attack! c:
Rappy

Postby EspioKaos » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:29 pm

Admittedly, some of the SEA localizations are actually kind of good, so you can expect them to come up for vote for usage in the patch.
EspioKaos

Postby Mewn » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:59 pm

Perfect Strike is a definite candidate for being used in the patch.
Mewn

Postby KanameChidori » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:41 pm

There are plans to use the localization to help with the patch?
KanameChidori

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch