PSO2 final: English Patch

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: PSO2 final: English Patch

Postby EspioKaos » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Had a minor problem with the host, but it's been taken care of, so the patch is now in its normal place: http://hiigara.arghargh200.net/pso2/pat ... _10_09.rar

I'll leave the file in my Dropbox for now in case people don't see this post. Just waiting on someone with the power to edit is available to change the link in the first post.
EspioKaos

Postby Agrajag » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:11 am

Today's game update only changed the ads on the loading screens. Expect a new patch release next week (including the JP enemy/e-trial files), not enough has been done at the moment compared to the last release to really merit a new one.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:01 am

Alright, new update to bring the patch in line with the current game version. AIDA caught back up to the block description changes, while Espio translated the halloween orders, dailies, team orders, and skills whose descriptions got lost somewhere along the line (Automate Halfline being the most obvious).
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:09 am

Another 1800 line update, argh.

New version to get it working on the current game version, I'm sure there are so many things that got missed. No large files (they changed 5 of them!) or JP enemy/e-trial files yet, I'll see if I can get them done soonish.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:28 am

Alright, updated the patch to fix a lot of the missing stuff, brought the large files in line with the current game version, and updated the JP enemy/incident files.

Important news for future patch releases:
This "get the game update at 10 PM, spend the next 3 hours frantically trying to update the game, go to sleep at 1:30 AM, then wake up at 7 AM for work" nonsense is getting untenable for both me and Espio. Therefore, henceforth, patch updates will be handled differently:
1. The night in which the game updates, a preliminary patch will be released. This will not translate all (or occasionally any) of the new content, it will only update the old content to work on the new game version.
2. The following evening, a "final" patch will be released that actually covers most of the new content, along with ideally the support files (large files, JP enemy/emergency trial files).
3. Missing content will be filled in over the following few weeks, same as now.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but... life happens.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:28 am

Tonight's update didn't actually update any text files (except some cutscene--fortunately, I don't care). So... we got some fixes from AIDA, and some more for issues that Qwerty found.

The main patch and JP enemy/E-trial files have been updated. The 2013-11-13 and 2013-11-14 patches are still valid if you for some reason do not want to update, and the large files from that patch are still valid.

Enjoy.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 am

Alright, main patch got updated. AIDA found a couple new translators, Maus and xillia000.

Today's update brings a few more lobby NPC greetings, navigator E-trial warnings (plus the navigator chatter for the Extreme Quest Dark Falz E-Trials--this has not yet been mirrored in the JP E-Trial file, sorry, couldn't justify it for one rare emergency trial), block descriptions (enjoy them, next week they'll all get changed again), and a bunch of the missing Team-related text.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:28 am

As I mentioned last month, the preliminary translation for the new game update is now available. Expect client orders and whatever else is missing in the upcoming days.

Large files are updated, too (these should be finalized for now--one of those wacky updates where they changed some non-text asset in one file). No JP enemy/e-trial files yet.

EDIT: Noticed a problem with the hosting at the moment. If it's not back up by the morning, will find an alternative.

EDIT again: In the meantime, the best quest description that has ever been included in PSO2, belonging to Special Survey: Quarry:
仮テキスト
リーリー。リッリ、リリー。リッリリリーリ!
リリ?
――――――――――――――――――――
失敗条件/最深部での敗北、制限時間の経過

Translated:
Temporary text
Liilii. Lilli, lilii. Lillililiili!
Lili?
――――――――――――――――――――
Failure: Defeat at boss/time runs out

EDIT: Site's back up. Enjoy.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:23 am

Alright, Espio has been busy with real life, so thanks to Mewn for stepping up and doing the work for this release.

This version has translated the client order and quest descriptions. Various notifications are probably still in Japanese, it's difficult to tell what's actually in use at any given time.

(Also, you may notice that Mewn tends to embellish things a bit more than Espio does.)
Agrajag

Postby Mewn » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:14 am

You'd be surprised how often the original Japanese is dreadfully dull. Certainly for CO names, I view them as being somewhat analogous to quests in more traditional MMOs, and western MMOs nearly always have punny/embellished quest names.
Mewn

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch