PSU or AOTI?

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

PSU or AOTI?

Postby elricchampion » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Hello, I apologize if I wasn't able to find my answers on the forums. I just have a couple of questions that need to be clarified. I played psu when it was online, and I loved it. Life happens, like new games and stuff, so I moved on. Well, I would like to come back and get everything I couldn't get back then. I never played AOTI, so I'm a little curious about that.

1. So, if I get the offline patch for the original psu, will it have all of the original content? As in all of the monsters spawn the same with rares spawning like everything normal?

2. Can I transfer my character from psu to aoti?

3. Should I just not play the original psu and just play aoti? Does aoti have everything that psu has? I know it is still being worked on, but I'm thinking by then, everything will mostly be done if I start playing it now. I just want to make sure I get the same experience as when I played psu online.

4. Does everything drop normally in aoti? As in items, weapons and things? I would rather wait on aoti if they don't yet.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
elricchampion

Re: PSU or AOTI?

Postby KanameChidori » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:48 am

elricchampion wrote:Hello, I apologize if I wasn't able to find my answers on the forums. I just have a couple of questions that need to be clarified. I played psu when it was online, and I loved it. Life happens, like new games and stuff, so I moved on. Well, I would like to come back and get everything I couldn't get back then. I never played AOTI, so I'm a little curious about that.

1. So, if I get the offline patch for the original psu, will it have all of the original content? As in all of the monsters spawn the same with rares spawning like everything normal?

2. Can I transfer my character from psu to aoti?

3. Should I just not play the original psu and just play aoti? Does aoti have everything that psu has? I know it is still being worked on, but I'm thinking by then, everything will mostly be done if I start playing it now. I just want to make sure I get the same experience as when I played psu online.

4. Does everything drop normally in aoti? As in items, weapons and things? I would rather wait on aoti if they don't yet.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

1. No
2. Yes
3. Play AOTI
4. Yes and no, some rare spawns and maps are messed up so things like the Spread Needle are unobtainable. Besides that things drop normally, well what is available on the offline mode. The patch is far off so you will have to wait for that.
KanameChidori

Postby elricchampion » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Oh I see. Thx for your response. So when the patch is complete it will be just like playing online but offline. Thats wonderful.

So everything works ok except for those things. Is there anything wrong with the characters stats or anything like that? I just want to know that if I did start playing that my character wont be screwed up when the final patch is released.

As for the patches that are available, if I wanted to get started now, which exe do I use? The illuminus anims?

Thanks!
elricchampion

Postby KanameChidori » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:24 am

Pretty sure the stats will change with the patch because of the re-balance but like I said it's far off so it doesn't really matter. Yes you would use the illuminus anims if you want to use the mission pack.
KanameChidori

Postby elricchampion » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Have S2 and S3 missions been implemented into the patch that is currently available? I dont think i ever reached that difficulty when i played it a while back.
elricchampion

Postby KanameChidori » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:53 pm

elricchampion wrote:Have S2 and S3 missions been implemented into the patch that is currently available? I dont think i ever reached that difficulty when i played it a while back.

The mission pack has S2 and S3 I think? Not really sure but the rest of the game is just like before ranks C-S. The S2-S4(S5?) won't be there until the patch is done.
t
KanameChidori

Postby elricchampion » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:34 pm

I see. Thanks for your help Kaname! I can't wait to play this in it's finished state. I'm hoping all the missions and rare spawns can be completed first and soon. It would be nice to know what percentage of the game has been completed ;)

As for the bosswarps, they are only working for mission pack 2 correct?
elricchampion

Postby elricchampion » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Hmmm, I just noticed that I get a black screen and can only see my character on any missions besides seed express on the second mission pack... am I doing something wrong here? I am using the updated exe on that download link on the fist page.
elricchampion

Postby elricchampion » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:12 am

Nevermind... got a little too excited and forgot the map files. Round 1.. lolz
elricchampion

Postby Sakarisei » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:20 am

Playing PSU is only profitable if you want some exclusive partner characters (Like Karen Erra) or units (Like Orpa/Guard or Orpa/Power Charge). Otherwise... much better the AOTI version.
Sakarisei

Return to PSU Modding