New Private Server

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: New Private Server

Postby KanameChidori » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:42 am

AIDA wrote:
edevore wrote:I do think there are ways to exploit xbox 360 to run unofficial software without modding and without getting banned (well official 360 servers will go offline in due time but there might be ways to login to live locally some day - we hope anyways), I am currently looking into those ways so I plan to get results by the middle of this year coming up.
I do want to help with the 360 development if we can get the AOTI addon to run straight from cd/usb along with the psu standard copy for the xbox360...

if anyone is interested I will share my own thoughts for equal exchange, thanks for the interest for xbox360 @DRG Holy Panda

There is not. You can use the JTAG hack, or the RGH hack to run unofficial software. Using the xk3y will not allow you to run unmodified software, just ISO files that are exact copies of retail games.

And when you JTAG or RGH, you will be banned eventually, because it's detectable.

This is true, there is a very small chance like with a flashed Xbox but it is still there.
KanameChidori

Postby essen » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:24 pm

Why would you want to play on Xbox though? PSU runs very badly on there.
essen
Site Admin

Postby edevore » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:46 pm

KanameChidori wrote:
AIDA wrote:
edevore wrote:I do think there are ways to exploit xbox 360 to run unofficial software without modding and without getting banned (well official 360 servers will go offline in due time but there might be ways to login to live locally some day - we hope anyways), I am currently looking into those ways so I plan to get results by the middle of this year coming up.
I do want to help with the 360 development if we can get the AOTI addon to run straight from cd/usb along with the psu standard copy for the xbox360...

if anyone is interested I will share my own thoughts for equal exchange, thanks for the interest for xbox360 @DRG Holy Panda

There is not. You can use the JTAG hack, or the RGH hack to run unofficial software. Using the xk3y will not allow you to run unmodified software, just ISO files that are exact copies of retail games.

And when you JTAG or RGH, you will be banned eventually, because it's detectable.

This is true, there is a very small chance like with a flashed Xbox but it is still there.

sadly the AOTI addon is not on the disc so soft-modding the disc wont work on a flashed xbox 360 also im pretty sure the hardcoded ip address is stored in a file that is signed so a jtag is necessary for now, I was talking about when the security updates stop for the 360 im sure someone would take time to make a launcher or exploit that runs on a retail without the need to jtag.
- Ugh!!! -
edevore

Postby Sakarisei » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Although it could be possible, for me an XBOX 360 version of PSU AOTI is not profitable. I really dunno if XBOX version can run maps and missions from the JP version...
Sakarisei

Postby TJ108 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:27 am

For those who wanted to know about the possibility of an Xbox 360 server, I have bad news. Truth is there is no way to make the game join a server that is non official, because it runs through the Xbox 360 operation system. You could probably tell the game to join another server if you had a Jtaged Xbox or something along the lines, as somebody else has pointed out, but it would only work for those who had one, and the community for this game is small as it is, never mind with the added need for a modded Xbox. besides that we would need people who are willing and capable of coding a server for Xbox, and then ruining it. The closest anyone has gotten to a playable server is Essen, and the EGS project(I don't think Essen will convert to Xbox). While an Xbox 360 server would be great to see again, there are just too many things stopping it from happening. If you really want to see this game come back from the grave keep trying, but try for the PC as that will be the most likely to happen.
TJ108

Previous

Return to PSU Modding