GM/Dev/Sega Staff Areas?

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: GM/Dev/Sega Staff Areas?

Postby Agrajag » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:38 pm

I have pretty much the exact opposite opinion from LightDark.

The test map is a single huge model (compared to normal areas, which are in pieces)--this is why the whole map vanishes when you walk past a certain point. It has sections that show scale, sections that play different sounds, rooms with different textures (still couldn't figure out the purpose of that one), a tunnel, and the section Vash mentioned with the overlapping paths. It'll be incredibly useful for future science.

Most importantly, though, is this part:
Recognize it? It's Moatoob. Before they compressed the textures to incomprehensibility (they also made the walls more brown, but digressing).

Vashyron wrote:(I suspect issues in Enemy AI with that.)

That is my suspicion, as well. The only other place I've seen overlapped paths is in a lobby, the Parum west district (the Linear Line entrance crosses under the AMF HQ entrance).
Agrajag

Postby the SEGA shop » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:19 pm

Wasn't one part of white beast where there was a platform above you where ice turrets were firing towards you that you could walk underneath?

I would love to see this test map, are you planning on using it in any way Agrajag?

However talking about issues with enemey AI, is there anything that can be done about the way you could spawn groups of enemeys then take a step back away and the would dither around and keep respawning but all the time were sitting ducks. Is that fixable?
the SEGA shop

Postby the SEGA shop » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:17 am

the SEGA shop wrote:Wasn't one part of white beast where there was a platform above you where ice turrets were firing towards you that you could walk underneath?

I would love to see this test map, are you planning on using it in any way Agrajag?

However talking about issues with enemey AI, is there anything that can be done about the way you could spawn groups of enemeys then take a step back away and the would dither around and keep respawning but all the time were sitting ducks. Is that fixable?

Bump :-)
the SEGA shop

Postby JuicyBlocks » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:37 pm

JuicyBlocks

Postby Chikinface » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:31 am

Man remember when internet surveys accomplished anything?
Chikinface

Postby KanameChidori » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:08 am

Raujinn wrote:Man remember when internet surveys accomplished anything?

What's funny is that it's not addressed to anyone and it is from nobody lol.
KanameChidori

Previous

Return to PSU Modding