New Private Server

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: New Private Server

Postby disaster.report » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:25 pm

This is awesome you guys. I will try and support this private server any way I can. I am sure there are more people who miss PSU online out there...
disaster.report

Postby Sakarisei » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Only i've got a doubt about the classes of the private server. And my question is... Can we get the official classes? Or just the four classes mentioned last year (Hunter, Ranger, Force and Acro)?
Sakarisei

Postby RickHol » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Might be off topic here but...

Jusst becuse im curious and think it would be awsome but i where wondering would it be possible to import mainly the battle system from Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Infinety? you know the Blocking and the dodge? into PSU and specially online mode if you get a server running?
RickHol

Postby Sakarisei » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:54 pm

RickHol wrote:Might be off topic here but...

Jusst becuse im curious and think it would be awsome but i where wondering would it be possible to import mainly the battle system from Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Infinety? you know the Blocking and the dodge? into PSU and specially online mode if you get a server running?

I don't think that would be possible... or in the case that i'm wrong, these would be very hard for programming it. It supposes makes important changes to the game and... i really dunno if this can be possible un PSU AOTI clients...
Sakarisei

Postby TJ108 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:50 pm

Sakarisei wrote:Only i've got a doubt about the classes of the private server. And my question is... Can we get the official classes? Or just the four classes mentioned last year (Hunter, Ranger, Force and Acro)?

If you are asking about EGS then that remains a question. Essen did mention the possibility of some, but not all of the other ones, but that would be low priority. I think that Essen had his goal of getting most critical features working before he worried about that. but it would be cool to play a hybrid class again.
TJ108

Postby TJ108 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:54 pm

RickHol wrote:Might be off topic here but...

That would take a lot of work, and it would need all of the other combat aspects to work properly. when a private server is up the team developing it will have a lot to do just get the PSU features working. It is a cool idea but highly unlikely as it would require so much work to do, and probably would not fit with PSU combat anyways.
TJ108

Postby Sakarisei » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:18 pm

TJ108 wrote:
Sakarisei wrote:Only i've got a doubt about the classes of the private server. And my question is... Can we get the official classes? Or just the four classes mentioned last year (Hunter, Ranger, Force and Acro)?

If you are asking about EGS then that remains a question. Essen did mention the possibility of some, but not all of the other ones, but that would be low priority. I think that Essen had his goal of getting most critical features working before he worried about that. but it would be cool to play a hybrid class again.

Yeah, i remember it. The problem is, because the servers had hold on, i would like seeing a confirmation of essen or everyone about it. And about hybrid classes, yeah, it would be interesting for some people who prefers for example FI, GT or WT.
Sakarisei

Postby essen » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:05 pm

My only involvement with regards to classes or anything will be making sure competitive play can happen.
essen
Site Admin

Postby Sakarisei » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:11 pm

essen wrote:My only involvement with regards to classes or anything will be making sure competitive play can happen.

There are always competitive people in PVE games. You know, the guy who makes the best numbers is the best competitive in the game. PSO2 is not an exception...
Sakarisei

Postby essen » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:03 pm

PSO2 sucks at anything competitive. Can't TA. No the two fake TA missions don't really count. If it was good for TA you'd see me playing it. The only thing PSO2 rewards is the time spent on it waiting for random things to happen. The only competition there is seeing who can spend the most time playing a bad game.
essen
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding