New Private Server

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

New Private Server

Postby TJ108 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:11 am

So don't get your hopes up too much, it is not even close to done, or really even started. But I need all fans of PSU who want the game back to help.
I am BEGINNING to work on a NEW private server for the game. This is only the start, and won't be done for a long time. I just really love this game and it has been killing me to have that moment at least once a day where I die a little inside because I know I may never play online again. With that being said I do need your help.

I am good with computers, and have worked on game code before. But the reason I think I can do this is because I work for a server hosting company, and this is what I do all the time. I will not have a problem with hosting the server or keeping it online 24/7, but I will have trouble with making the server (it will be hard but I will still do it). I do not want to start from scratch, as it would take a LONG time to do it that way. Any type of help in that matter would be greatly appreciated. Files or info on the servers would be the best help.

I do not want to hear give up. If you are on this forum you like the game right? don't say give up please.
If anyone wants to help me I am more than willing to talk to you, and you can probably assist in some way. No I do not want donations.
If you like the game spread the word, This will only be worth it if people play it.
There is no promise that I will finish this, but I do not plan to stop trying until I no longer can.
There is no ETA right now, I am sorry but there are way to many variables right now, and I don't even have an idea of when it can be counted on.

So what do I want from all of you PSU fans that read this? I want you to help me find Essen. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
He was the one making the EGS server, the server that would let us all continue to play the game. But he moved on and I don't blame him. But if I could talk to him or even ask him for what files he had so that I could continue where he left off, It would advance this project to the point where it could be able to be played soon.
So if anyone knows where he is let me know. Anything will do. For instance what forum is he on now if any? (doubt its this one) Or where can I contact him? (email or twitter/facebook) And do you think he will be willing to hand the EGS project over to me? I know its dead, and most have come to accept that but it would be a whole lot better than starting from square one.

Long story short.. Find me Essen, and give me any info or help you can. I hope to hear from you all soon.

Edit: I found out moments after posting this that Essen was last on this forum today, he is not gone and that is good. (Last visited:Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:42 am)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: So my current plan is to join up with Essen and work on the EGS project with him (with his permission of course). But until that properly resumes development, I will continue to work on my own thing. At this time I am working on getting a proper server environment built, and working on a few key features to allow clients to connect for further development, and progress.
Last edited by TJ108 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
TJ108

Re: New Private Server

Postby essen » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:28 am

Chill out. EGS development should resume in 2-3 months. I'm just waiting for a feature I need.
essen
Site Admin

Postby LightDark » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:05 am

If you believe you can help contribute to making of the server, feel free to jump on to IRC where everyone else is.
LightDark

Postby Dreamkickasst » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:23 am

Just wanted to add my enthusiasm to hear there is CPR still taking place on PSU online. Hopefully the patient responds!
Dreamkickasst

Postby TJ108 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:47 pm

essen wrote:Chill out. EGS development should resume in 2-3 months. I'm just waiting for a feature I need.

I would be more than happy to help you. What is the feature you are waiting on?
TJ108

Postby essen » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Nothing related to PSU.
essen
Site Admin

Postby TJ108 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:04 pm

LightDark wrote:If you believe you can help contribute to making of the server, feel free to jump on to IRC where everyone else is.

Will do. What is the IRC? I want to help in any way I can.
TJ108

Postby essen » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Wait 3 months, then ask again. Most of everyone is focusing on the offline mod at the moment. Me I'm building things that the server will need but that you can't help with until development resumes properly.
essen
Site Admin

Postby TJ108 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:32 pm

essen wrote:Wait 3 months, then ask again. Most of everyone is focusing on the offline mod at the moment. Me I'm building things that the server will need but that you can't help with until development resumes properly.

Understood. I sent you a PM not long ago, I think that what I said may help you out. Please don't hesitate to ask me if you need anything.
TJ108

Postby RickHol » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Ooh wow jusst on a random feeling i looked jusst to see again if there is any project on a private server going on for this game today and i found this fresh one ^^ so at least i know there are people out there still intrested in making a server, wish i could do anything to help thoug but i can noting about coding or anything but i gladely sign up as a beta tester if i can in the future?

relly love PSU and i where relly sad when i learned the last server for the game shut down
RickHol

Next

Return to PSU Modding