OBSOLETED

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: Story Patch ver 0.45 Discussion/Bug Report Thread

Postby AIDA » Mon May 27, 2013 1:06 pm

Maronji wrote:@Kitsune1982: The dropbox link is actually AIDA's. The link keeps dying because whenever that account reopens, people hit that DDL link so hard that the account gets suspended again. Kion, himself, used to put up DDL links on a more stable hosting space, but I think he's been busy with school lately, keeping him from working too much on patch-related affairs.

But I could be wrong.

Thiiiiiiiis~
AIDA

Postby Dart93 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Anyone know if the story patch is working atm?
Dart93

Postby Maronji » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Dart93 wrote:Anyone know if the story patch is working atm?

I answered this in your other thread, but just for good measure, yes.

There are two known black screen bugs, once when you unlock the Chapter 01 story mission, and once when you unlock the Chapter 07 story mission (both are acquired through cutscenes instead of automatically). After the scene, you will be stuck on a black screen, but after force-closing the game and logging back in, you will have triggered the flag needed to participate in those story missions.

As far as I know, we haven't been able to find a fix for those, and they've persisted since the story patch project started.
Maronji

Postby GHASTLY » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:44 pm

I just grabbed the story patch from the site, and unpacked it into it's own directory "story". Whenever I attempt to validate the patch files through the PSO2 launcher it says it fails.

Is there any fix for this? I can re-verify the data, but, I don't think that is the problem.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (131.06 KiB) Viewed 24722 times
GHASTLY

Postby Rappy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:14 pm

GHASTLY wrote:I just grabbed the story patch from the site, and unpacked it into it's own directory "story". Whenever I attempt to validate the patch files through the PSO2 launcher it says it fails.

Is there any fix for this? I can re-verify the data, but, I don't think that is the problem.

Just extract it to the folders yourself.
Rappy

Postby GHASTLY » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:29 pm

That is what I did, and that is the error that was produced after attempting to verify the files.
GHASTLY

Postby Legender » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:47 pm

It's worth noting that one of these english patches - either this story patch, or the other english patch - makes the game unplayable if you're a new player.

A lot of dialogue is blocked by these english patches. The first time I encountered this was during the Capture the Nab Rappy, the fourth Arks quest available to you. When you enter the second area of the quest, you can't move or use the chat or anything, because the game thinks there's a dialogue when there's not. I had to remove both english patches to get the dialogue to pop up so I could move on. Then I took the time to reinstall the english patches, only to encounter this error AGAIN while trying to do the forest free-roam quest.
Legender

Postby AIDA » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:28 am

It should be noted that there will ALWAYS be issues with the Story patch - This is unavoidable with 910 files, and if I could fix it, I would. However, every update that SEGA pushes out threatens to make the story patch more glitchy. I'll update it and have a fixed version out in the next few days, but if anyone has any ideas on a better way to push this patch out, I'm all ears.
AIDA

Re: Story Patch ver 0.45 - Currently Broken

Postby AIDA » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:56 am

Oh, the new story version is out. Could you change the title, someone?
AIDA

Re: Story Patch ver 0.45

Postby Chikinface » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:18 am

What version is it?
Chikinface

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch