[Updated 2013-04-19] PSO2: Translation Launcher v1.2.7

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: [Updated 2013-04-19] PSO2: Translation Launcher v1.2.7

Postby essen » Sun May 19, 2013 3:55 pm

Generally when someone publishes files they also publish a checksum file along with it, and in the case of regular releases some kind of index file indicating all files available and their location.
essen
Site Admin

Postby SylarXYZ » Wed May 29, 2013 9:29 pm

i always get a Error Message when i try to start the launcher...

i start it with admin rights..
then it creates all that folder and than i get CLR20r3 Error :(

what can i do??

and sorry for my bad english
SylarXYZ

Postby Kitsune1982 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:14 am

Hello everyone! ^_^ Kitsune1982 here.
I have found a rather bothersome <boo!!> error when using funkyskunk's 1.2.7 launcher.
Now, not to say its not a great tool <which it is!> but there are two common and frustrating errors you will most likely run into
when updating using the launcher. In a recent skype discussion with AIDA, i was told funky's launcher is 'broken', when it comes to updating.
This is true, yes, but it is the best method to update without using the official jp launcher.
I say this due to two reasons.

First, if you update completely using the official jp launcher, and even using the translated official pso2launcher.exe, and then for some reason you need
to uninstall or reinstall, if you uninstall then reinstall the launcher will always attempt to reupdate, meaning you will always have to redownload the close-to 10 gigs of
update data! :shock: also i should note that even with the translated pso2launcher.exe file it will still do this as it has no way to check the win32 folder for the updates and while it is more stable than funkyskunks launcher, i would suggest using his 1.2.7 launcher in addition to AIDA's PSO2 Tweaker which i will upload with the launcher and renaming tool you will be using in the following guide. however, i have discovered an interesting way to overcome the 'i already downloaded the 10 gb of updates and it STILL wants to redownload the updates?! OMG WTF!!!' reaction! :D

First off, lets say you have, for instance, completely updated and downloaded all the required files using either funkys launcher or the a)official jp launcher or b)the translated pso2launcher.exe and for some reason you want to make a backup of your pso2 install folder and move it to an external hard drive, flash drive <16 gb or higher!> or burn it to dvd9/dvd5 media <my preferred method> or worst case scenario you get one of those dreaded hard-drive frying viruses.. :o

well i have good news and bad news. bad news first.. if you uninstall or move your folder to a new hard drive or dvd9/dvd5 media, then reinstall/recopy the folder back after purging the virus/and or moving the backup folder to its new home, be it dvd9/dvd5 or an external hard drive, hell, even a new folder on your main hard drive,upon running the launchers listed above, you will be aggravated to see you have to download the full 9 gb again!!! :evil:

this is where my method comes in.
Assuming you have backed up the FULL install folder to whatever backup media you chose earlier, the workaround for the 10 gb download is simple.
i will pause to say you should go to http://www.7zip.com and get this free program as it will make moving huge files much easier than cutting/pasting in windows.
anyway.. once you have that, download my attached tool, and double click on it to run it. you will see a large screen with a lot of different options. however, the only one you need to concern yourself with is the one that says 'make changes to extension'. in the left hand side of the program you will see a directory tree. using this navigate to your backup pso2_bin\update folder, and left click on the first file, then hold down shift and the down arrow key until all the files are highlighted. now go to where it says 'make changes to extension', click the checkmark box, and if its not selected already, left click on 'replace' next to the 'place new ext. where?' then go down to where it says preview, and left click on the box with {old prefix}. in it, then press the backspace key to erase the dot and click 'rename all files'. all theopen 7zip and navigate to your backup folder and then go into your update folder, and you will see a load of files with the .file extension. left click on the first file, press control+a to highlight all of them, then go to move, and in the dropdown copy and paste in your default pso2 install folder, which is assume would be X:\Games\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32 and then click ok. this will move all the renamed update files to your win32 folder, thusly preventing you from having to redownload the 10 gigs of updates after a new install!!! :D each time you need to reinstall pso2 just uninstall as normal. i should point out that to make things much easier, that you back up the renamed .file updates to your backup media of choice rather than backing up the .pat update files, as .pat is a prefix shortcut for patch and as such is temporary and if you try to put the .pat files in your win32 folder without renaming them, when you launch the pso2 translation launcher 1.27 and it checks the files it will scream at you saying 'crc hash check failed' for each one!! However, if you follow this guide, when you need to reinstall pso2, uninstall pso2 as normal, reinstall to the folder of your choice, and simply copy the win32 folder you backed up to your new install folder, run the launcher and bang pow boom! you can play right away!!! :D I know this guide may have been a bit confusing, so if you have any questions, contact me either on #egs irc channel on irc.lunarnet.org, send me a pm, or message me on my messengers. in case they're not listed, my yahoo is Dustyn_Arkalis@yahoo.com AIM is Kovutlyon and Skype is paganwerewolf39. Hope this helps!! Leave any feedback for ways i can improve on my method, or anything you did differently to shorten the process. Ja ne! -Kitsune1982

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/7jpor35 ... Misc_Stuff <-- uploads exceed allowed attachment size for here so click on the link to get the files =3
P.S. Mods, feel free to sticky this guide in the relevant sections =3 Also, i should point out that to fully enjoy pso2 you will need the english patches and the story patch.
english patches are here: http://hiigara.arghargh200.net/pso2/pat ... _05_29.rar
here: http://hiigara.arghargh200.net/pso2/201 ... efiles.rar and here: http://hiigara.arghargh200.net/pso2/201 ... 8303a92a7d for the patches, extract them into your data/win32 folder. and finally here is the link for the story patch: - sorry only torrent for now, aida's dropbox is temporarily disabled
http://arks-layer.com/patch/Story%20Pat ... ar.torrent enjoy!
Furry 4 Ever

Favorite Cartoon Furry: Kovu from The Lion King 2.. Kovuuuuu.. drool
Lion King 2 Quote - by me: "I literally melt when i heard Kovu sing 'Love will find a way' <3333
Kitsune1982

Postby Dart93 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Is anyone else having this problem?

Error1.png
Error1.png (181.54 KiB) Viewed 26530 times

Error2.png
Error2.png (190.51 KiB) Viewed 26530 times

Edit: Oops, didn't realise someone else had already posted this. Has anyone found a fix yet?
Dart93

Postby wildsprite » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:40 pm

the first error is because its looking for a file that isn't there(retry will always fail with this error unless the issue is your connection, in this case it is not the file isn't there)

the second one is because the CRC check comes back as a negative match for what the translation launcher has, the second one could easily be remedied if funkyskunk could get the makers of the patch to include a crc file with each release

it should be noted the launcher will work to patch the game with the correct patch even if it comes back negative, funkyskunk has confirmed this and I have tested it myself

on another note has anyone heard from funkyskunk? he said something on May 16th and nothing since
wildsprite

Postby Dart93 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:21 pm

wildsprite wrote:the first error is because its looking for a file that isn't there(retry will always fail with this error unless the issue is your connection, in this case it is not the file isn't there)

the second one is because the CRC check comes back as a negative match for what the translation launcher has, the second one could easily be remedied if funkyskunk could get the makers of the patch to include a crc file with each release

So how do I fix it?
Dart93

Postby wildsprite » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:52 pm

funkyskunk has to fix it, but the errors you got can be ignored the launcher still works.

the project has come a long way and he is still adding nice fixes to it.
I'm sure he will fix it soon
wildsprite

Postby Dart93 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:02 am

wildsprite wrote:funkyskunk has to fix it, but the errors you got can be ignored the launcher still works.

the project has come a long way and he is still adding nice fixes to it.
I'm sure he will fix it soon

Ignored how? It doesn't let me start the game.
Dart93

Postby funkyskunk » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:22 pm

I was without internet for a while then the weather got nice... sorry for the break.

I've updated the menu patch crc files now but I still need to download the latest story patch. I'll try to finish some bits in the launcher soon like forcing the story patch, until then, there are still 2 annoying messages about the pre-update file failing to download:

@Kitsune1982

Sorry, I thought I fixed the update problem? Have SEGA changed the way they are doing it again? I'll take a look... Edit: Doesn't seem to be anything new that I can see?

@SylarXYZ

Can you post a more detailed error message please, the CLR20r3 means nothing to me (screenshot would be good if you can).
funkyskunk

Postby dvtrinh » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:25 am

Been using the launcher and ignoring all the error messages until today where i just noticed that the launcher file checks have been updated. welcome back :)

If its not too much, can you make an option to skip validation steps for the story patch installation as well as an - ignore/do not display error messages- option during file checks. This would help if you ever went on a break again or for whatever other reasons so we can use updated files.
dvtrinh

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch