OBSOLETED

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: Story Patch ver 0.45 Discussion/Bug Report Thread

Postby sesheron » Fri May 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Chrome. It has been that way for multiple versions of chrome now (25,26,27).

When the page first loads, it looks like it probably should, then the text enlarges.

This happens on multiple machines for me. All using chrome.
One machine has DPI at 115%, the other machine is standard default.
Windows 7 and windows 8.
sesheron

Postby Tenlade » Fri May 24, 2013 9:43 pm

I wasn't aware this was a joke patch.
Tenlade

Postby essen » Fri May 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Someone should really update the topic to make sure everyone knows this is a 18+ patch.
essen
Site Admin

Postby Qwerty » Sat May 25, 2013 12:07 am

Yeah, apparently they decided to be "humorous" for the Arks Battle Tournament quest translation.

I don't know.
Qwerty

Postby Rappy » Sat May 25, 2013 12:44 am

That was all for April Fools, but Kion is too lazy to go back and change it, iirc.
Rappy

Postby AIDA » Sat May 25, 2013 12:55 am

Uh, yeah, we should probably change that back now.
AIDA

Postby Maronji » Sat May 25, 2013 1:09 am

I honestly think it was a waste of resources, as funny as the initial novelty was (and by that, I mean it wore off within the first three seconds of content consumption, after which I proceeded to think, "I can't believe this is actually happening. Why would you do this?") I personally think it would've been better suited for an April Fools-style "preview" of that content and no further (because now someone needs to go back, figure out what's a joke and what isn't, and fix the joke parts; this was more work than it was worth, if you ask me).

I mean, there's using creative license, and then there's going too far. In my opinion, this is the latter.

Hell, that's one of the key reasons why I haven't finished fixing up Matoi's dialogue in the script yet like I was going to. She had to have that one conversation with a phrase that's difficult to convey in English (damn it, English, you had one job). I don't like what's there because it doesn't read too well, but I'm hard-pressed to find a decent fix. I'm actually tempted to turn to the anime fansubbing community or something just to get through that damn line because the last time I asked Kion about it, I came out of it exactly as confused as I was before I'd asked.

...Anyway, I think he intended to go back and fix it if someone recorded it (I think he said he at least wants some videos of it while it's still in joke form), but I'm not really behind uploading a video of... that on YouTube. Actually, I'm on the verge of outright vehemently refusing if anyone even asks. Don't get me wrong, though. I'll record it (eventually). Just don't be surprised when I say, "NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT," in response to uploading it.

@AIDA: I think "fix" would be the better term, because that's how it was originally uploaded. There's nothing to change it "back" to, per se.
Maronji

Postby AIDA » Sat May 25, 2013 1:19 am

Well, this happened before I was in charge of the story patch. He said offhand that he changed some of Marlu's lines, and we lol-d about it.

I assumed he was going to change it back, which clearly did not happen. Don't worry, it'll be "fixed" next patch.

*runs off to stab Kion*

EDIT:

[9:41:29 PM] Kion: i asked cale to go ahead and change that back

welp.

Anyway, it'll be fixed.
AIDA

Postby Kitsune1982 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:57 am

Arigato Everyone! This is my first post ever on here, and i would like to thank all the staff for their hard work on making PSO2's translation to english
a reality so many of us who dont speak japanese can enjoy this wonderful game! ^_^
That being said, I have a question for Kion. Is there any way you can update your ark layer dropbox link? The link doesnt work for me.. =/ i try to download it with my download manager and with just the default firefox downloader and it keeps telling me 'cannot download this file. bandwidth error'. i know i can torrent it but it would be nice to have a direct download link for those of us who cant use torrents due to firewalls/school firewall block/university site filter etc. i know you all are very busy and dont ahave a lot of free time on your hands, but if you could do this when you have the time it would be most appreciated! Please update me in the forum thread when you are able to provide a direct download link! Gomen Nasai! -Kitsune1982

'note- i only speak english, i just know a few words in japanese. otherwise i would be playing pso2 without a patch! ^.^ :D :lol:
Furry 4 Ever

Favorite Cartoon Furry: Kovu from The Lion King 2.. Kovuuuuu.. drool
Lion King 2 Quote - by me: "I literally melt when i heard Kovu sing 'Love will find a way' <3333
Kitsune1982

Postby Maronji » Mon May 27, 2013 9:01 am

@Kitsune1982: The dropbox link is actually AIDA's. The link keeps dying because whenever that account reopens, people hit that DDL link so hard that the account gets suspended again. Kion, himself, used to put up DDL links on a more stable hosting space, but I think he's been busy with school lately, keeping him from working too much on patch-related affairs.

But I could be wrong.
Maronji

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch