OBSOLETED

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

OBSOLETED

Postby Kion » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:00 am

arks-layer.com

Story Patch version 0.45
Patch Notes:This is the patch for chapters 1-8 with all of the matterboards, events and blue tablets included. I have to apologize for the large download size, I'd like to break this down into smaller downloads to be able to pick just which chapter you're on. Unfortunately all of the files in the game aren't exactly in chronological order, and tend to be grouped by character, type, or otherwise, so finding all parts of a chapter: NPC autowords, story chapter orange MB tablets and blue MB tablets requires a lot of searching. Hopefully that's something I can provide, for now just enjoy what I pray is a stable build compatible with the latest March 27th update.

New! Side Chapter Quest!
Patch Notes:This is the new content that came out last month. The Patch includes the some new blue tablet events, as well as the Xion conversations and some of the newer blue tablets events. It also contains the Side Story Mission: "The Great Arks Performance Review"!. I have to apologize in advance to two things, one is that I didn't have videos to reference what was going on, so most of what I translated was raw text. I did my best to translate literally what I had in front of me, but I had no way of confirming it, so if some of the text doesn't match up to what's going on exactly, that's why. The other thing is I got tired of translating all of the six different characters for the Performance Review quest, as such Sara is not translated, do not pick her. This patch still isn't complete, but I wanted to at least release what I had up to this point, we'll be refining it for the next release.
Last edited by Kion on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:03 am, edited 14 times in total.
Kion

Re: Story Patch Release Thread

Postby Agrajag » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:42 am

Glad to see this released.

If I may make a suggestion, keeping a topic in PSO2 Research for releases may be helpful--lets you keep posts detailing any particular release without having them get lost in the mass of commentary (see: the main translation discussion topic).
Agrajag

Re: Story Patch Release Thread

Postby Maronji » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 pm

That sounds like a solid idea. Then maybe change the name of this thread to "Story Patch Discussion/Bug Report Thread" and we'd be set.

I guess that means we can retire my older thread, then.

I'm debating on whether or not to make a fourth account (yes, I have three; no, you can't ask why) so I can use a fresh character to run through the story now or when you release the next patch (mainly because I'm going to rip my hair out if I just run all of the story missions in a row (including the other paths) on one of my alts).
Maronji

Re: Story Patch Discussion/Bug Report Thread

Postby Kion » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:39 pm

You can always retake missions you've cleared and choose different paths. The only thing you'd be missing out on is the matter board events.

Also it's come to my attention that chapter 8 story mission has a lot of text I have yet to translate because of different options. The only video I have is this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... uZojoyoXSg
The options you're given the chose to
1) Go with Zeno and Echo
2) Investigate by yourself
Please choose option 2 and see if anything changes. I have the text from the game files, but it doesn't say who says what, so having a reference would make it a lot easier to start working on.
Kion

Postby Qwerty » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Do you have any way to send me a file with your translated text in it (just a text or spreadsheet)?

Not to step on any toes or anything, but I kinda wanted to do a text revision and stuff. Already did half of Chapter 0!
Qwerty

Postby Maronji » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Kion wrote:You can always retake missions you've cleared and choose different paths.

I realize that. It's just running the story quests for the sake of running story quests seems horribly mundane to me.

Besides, I've been wanting to test out a build I've been toying around with in my head, so I could stand running them for the sake of progression (and weapons).
Kion wrote:Also it's come to my attention that chapter 8 story mission has a lot of text I have yet to translate because of different options. The only video I have is this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... uZojoyoXSg
The options you're given the chose to
1) Go with Zeno and Echo
2) Investigate by yourself
Please choose option 2 and see if anything changes. I have the text from the game files, but it doesn't say who says what, so having a reference would make it a lot easier to start working on.

Yeah, about that... It's a really funny (but mostly sad) story, really.

See, I was recording one of the sub-chapters from option 2 (there's two, I kid you not; one side has Fangs as bosses and the other has Snows), and I got most of it, but... Fang Banther kind of cheap-shot me (hence my wishing there were more invincibility frames when you get knocked over like in PSO)... The second attempt I made, which was almost successful, I didn't set the right recording device on my recording software, so I ended up with no audio (and I wasn't going to let that fly, really). I was too embarrassed to admit I was that dumb (and too mad at having to play peek-a-boo with the Banther as it was), so I just didn't say anything about it.

Also, if I have this right, I was wrong in that video's title. That's apparently Chapter 8 Act 2. That's right; that's how this portion of the story ended. I have yet to see how Act 1-L and Act 1-R lead up to that (because I terribly botched the recording for 1-L as I said above and my brother didn't bother to record 1-R when he ran it). So... yeah. Sorry. If no one else gets around to it, I'll try to get that done after I help out with dinner tomorrow/later.

EDIT: Apparently, I can't format a post to save my life right now. Probably a sign that I should go to bed...

UPDATE (5:44PM GMT-7): I am the hide-and-seek champion. One (two-month delayed) complete Act-1L recording coming right up (still need to edit, but whatever; I'll do that after I get Act-1R done). (I may or may not have skipped part of a line just now... I'll have to check that later.)

UPDATE (6:25PM): Chapter 8 Act-1R recording complete. However, my Skype was open and fired off the log-in sound (I keep track of some RL friends that I like to talk to) partway during the recording. I don't feel up to trying to edit it out or re-recording that section (you just need to know who's saying what, when, right Kion?), so we're just going to have to live with what I've got (not like it was particularly loud; just obnoxious). With any luck, though, it probably didn't fire off during a cutscene, so we'll see what happens when I go to edit. Logging off PSO2 now.
EDIT: Okay, so it did fire off during a cutscene, but it's quiet enough to be a mere nuisance. Also, I actually didn't skip part of a line in Act-1L. Building the clips and preparing for editing.
Maronji

Postby Kion » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:18 am

It doesn't need to be anything perfect, I just need a reference to translate from.

Also Ezodagrom brought this up on Psow, but matterboard events can only be viewed once, so it might be a good idea to take videos of the translated text events so that people can view them easily.
Kion

Postby Maronji » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:37 am

Kion wrote:It doesn't need to be anything perfect, I just need a reference to translate from.

Cool. Here you go. It's over two months late (technically), but better late than never, right?

Kion wrote:Also Ezodagrom brought this up on Psow, but matterboard events can only be viewed once, so it might be a good idea to take videos of the translated text events so that people can view them easily.

I hadn't thought of it before, but this is an additional boon to my "Why would you do that to yourself again?" shenanigans.
Maronji

Postby Asirae » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:44 pm

I just installed the English Story patch, now the Locations for Matter Board events are not translated and will have to look them up on cirnopedia

highlighted in this image
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5775 ... 000000.png
Asirae

Postby Maronji » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:05 pm

Asirae wrote:I just installed the English Story patch, now the Locations for Matter Board events are not translated and will have to look them up on cirnopedia

highlighted in this image
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5775 ... 000000.png

That's... bizarre. I just compared the core English patch archive with the story English patch archive, and they don't have any of the same files (at least, I'm pretty sure they don't). It shouldn't be doing that.

I'll have to back up my story files and run a test later, I guess.
Maronji

Next

Return to PSO2 Patch