A minor glimpse into the release client

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: A minor glimpse into the release client

Postby Tycho01 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Any clue on the new client orders?
Tycho01

Postby Qwerty » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:15 pm

New client orders? Good joke, bro.
Qwerty

Postby Tycho01 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:01 am

Then psublog lied to me. :(

Anyway, not technically, research, but why reinvent the wheel? This Japanese guy made this page summarizing all the quest enemy records (updated weekly), hella useful when deciding where to hunt a particular monster for matter board drops (or rarz if we know about rare drops). Spoiler: use the search function. It's in Japanese though, obviously.
Tycho01

Postby Agrajag » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:23 am

There were a few "new" COs (as in, only in since September, but unavailable). Team COs on very hard (like the normal/hardmode ones, but... on very hard), very hard time attack COs (pretty nice! 100k meseta on each), and new rare monster COs (generally not very exciting). Otherwise, there are the halloween COs, and that's it.

They're also still withholding the rare version of Dahgash/Dagacha for no apparent reason. Seems weird, given two of the emergency quests are pretty much "fight tons of fish with a rare enemy boost PSE running".
Agrajag

Postby Tycho01 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:12 am

Okay, recycled this older project to make a translated version of that enemy record page.
e: Added quest translations. I guess it's now usable for our community. It no longer has the flashy resorting and search functions of the original, but hey, it's still about as useful.
Tycho01

Postby Agrajag » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:34 am

New base stats
New modified stats.

6,050,000 exp to level 50 now.
Agrajag

Postby Macman » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:43 am

Interesting. I should jump from lv44 to 46 from this new chart, unless some weird tomfoolery was done with previous leveled characters.
Macman

Postby Agrajag » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:10 am

Fear not, it works how you think it should. You'll show as having negative exp to next level, but killing anything (even level 5 Oodans in forest) will raise you up to the proper level, with overflow remaining or being applied towards Excubes.

EDIT: Large icons (missing the mags, whoops).
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:03 am

Should be working on the large files, but that's boring, so let's look at the prepatch files!

New partner cards: Klotho, Jozsef, Barbara(!), Revelle.
New key item: Level Cap Raise III (so that's coming soonish).
New NPCs: Notburga (magic stone exchange attendant), Roc, [Young Person], a few numbered NPCs (tres, quattuor), [Twin - Boy], [Twin - Girl]
Enemies: Sent Rappy, Dahgash Nero (remember this in the large icons?), another Falz Hunar story variant (still named Falz Hunar), Falz Arm, Dark Falz Elder, two story variants of Hadred's base monster type (unnamed), a rare version (unnamed), and the mantis warriors are now named "Predicahda", "Dicahda", and "Predicahda Nero" (rare).
Premium medical drinks: Weakness (element, I think) damage up, rare droprate up, meseta droprate up, PP regen rate up, Experience gain up.
New item affixes: Photon Collect, Klohm Soul (description file's not on the prepatcher yet).
Rare maps: Teleporter, location name are present (presumably function like the PSP2 ones).
New area: Arks Ship Wreckage - Deck (darkernest, presumably)
Weapon avatars: Halfway present (presumably these let you change the look of your weapon)--the subcategories for player shops exist, but not the main category yet.
New quest type: Advance Quest (probably those capped ones)

The big thing: item abilities. List follows, each goes up to 5, only one listed per. Many are named internally based on class skills (numbers appear to match), so I'll list those alongside them. Note that in many situations, these are not the name's translation, so don't expect them to be the same in the patch when it appears.
Code: Select all
守勢練陣  Guard Stance Boost
オートメイトハーフライン  Automate Halfline
護攻陣  Flash Guard 1
護法陣  Flash Tech Guard
不屈の心  Iron Will
憤怒の型  Fury Stance Boost
捨身の証  Fury Critical
刹那の撃鉄  Just Attack Bonus
炎獄    Brave Stance Boost
切り裂く閃光  Brave Critical
追の衝撃  Chase Advance
追撃の楔  Chase Bind
背撃の証  Wise Stance Boost
暗心舞踏  Wise Critical
修羅紋  Halfline Slayer
背水陣  Deadline Slayer
痛打必倒  Weak Hit Advance
不動の死神  Standstill Snipe
永劫の罠  Tool Mastery
罠解放  Poison T Custom
罠発動  Upper T Custom
零の手  Zero Range Advance
集気光  Attack PP Restore
連鎖終幕 Chain Finish
絶対追刃  Aerial Advance
オートメイトデッドライン  Automate Deadline
テックチャージアドバンス  Tech Charge Advance
力の預言  Photon Flare Advance
無心の形  Normal Tech Advance
瞬刻の理  Tech JA Advance
フレイムマスタリー  Flame Mastery
バーンブースト  Burn Boost
フレイムテックSチャージ  Flame Tech Short Charge
アイスマスタリー  Ice Mastery
凍牙の一撃  Freeze Boost
ボルトマスタリー  Bolt Mastery
痺突の一撃  Shock Boost
古の誓い  Element Weak Hit
光輝の癒し  PP Save
ライトマスタリー  Light Mastery
パニックブースト  Panic Boost
癒しの風  Resta Advance
ダークマスタリー  Dark Mastery
ポイズンブースト  Poison Boost
ウインドブースト  Wind Mastery
ミラージュブースト  Mirage Boost
裁きの意志  (Critical rate up)
フォトンアーツ威力増加  (PA damage up)
星天弾  (HP steal)
究極の加護  (PP usage down)
【仮】PBゲージ増加量アップ  (PB Gauge Growth Up (temp name))
エンチャント付加率アップ  (Item affix droprate up)
幸運の祥  (Untekked item droprate up)
不退転  (Chance of nullifying knockback)
幸運の羽根  (Chance of nullifying incoming damage)
アイテムの回復量アップ  (Item healing rate up)
【仮】行動のヘイトを上げる  (Hatred accumulation up (temp name))
【仮】行動のヘイトを下げる  (Hatred accumulation down (temp name))

EDIT: Right, forgot advance quests. Shame the actual quest list is in the wrong half of the patch, so I don't have it yet...

EDIT 2: New large icons. Small icons are, again, in the other half of the patch. Note that map 12 is the area in the previews (Darker Nest), 13 is Arks Ship Wreckage - Deck (Dark Falz Seal, I believe).

EDIT 3: If you downloaded the icons, redownload, I'd somehow lost the two enemy icons (0314 is a Falz Arm, 0315 may be Elder).
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:15 am

Alright, a new part of the update went on the pre-downloader, so a few more details!

New partner cards: Klotho, Jozsef, and Barbara want you to S-rank certain quests on any difficulty (unknown which, that's in a file I don't have yet). Revelle's CO says nothing about what it wants.
Advance Quests: Three exist, one each for forest, caves, desert. Each requires 10 Advance Data A/B/C (respectively) to run. I don't know where you get these yet.
New emergency quests:
  • Inbound Abysmal Servants (淵へと迫りしもの): Battle Falz Hunar in the urban sector.
  • Approaching Dark Arms (迫る漆黒の腕): Falz Arm quest.
  • Profound Darkness' Kin: [Colossus] (深遠なる闇の眷属【巨躯】): Dark Falz Elder quest. I checked, that is how the "Profound Darkness" in the original series was written.
  • Desert Guerillas (砂漠遊撃戦): Like the cave emergency, but in desert.
  • Merry Christmas on Ice (氷上のメリークリスマス): Like Trick or Treat, but in tundra.
Mystery Quest: Name "????????", description "????????". There is a quest referred to as "escape_quest", this may be it!
Side Story Quests: Two of them! 最初の決別 / The First Farewell, 最後のさよなら / The Final Goodbye. Both appear to be about Hadred.
Item affixes: Chrome Soul is in fact from Chrome Dragon (presumably this is what Hadred is). Photon Collect claims to improve the rate of synthesis for affixes that inflict status.
Room decorations: Photon Gacha is fully functional. Ceiling decorations exist.
Client orders: Ruins team orders have been filled in. Several old orders have been modified (including renaming the Dagan Nero order--someone finally noticed that it is in fact not black, but actually red), and new ones have been added for advance quests.

New batch of large icons, new small icon sheet.

Enjoy!
Agrajag

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch