[Updated 2013-04-19] PSO2: Translation Launcher v1.2.7

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: [Updated] Phantasy Star Online 2: Translation Launcher

Postby Link_of_Hyrule » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:20 pm

It says I have an incompatible patch I wonder why. I manually replaced the files before I knew about this launcher but after my last game update which should have replaced the english files, I started using the launcher. But I would guess that the game patch would have replaced all the english translated files. Anyways just thought I would ask why it says the patch won't work I'm guessing it's because you didn't update the CRC on your server yet or something.
Link_of_Hyrule

Postby funkyskunk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Does it say: "The files for PSO2 are not recognised by this application"

That means that your PSO2 files are different to the CRC's I got from my PSO2.

I thought this may happen so you can actually check the files for yourself, if you press ctrl+e it will export a file to root of the application directory. Check your file against the file you will have in the /crc/ folder. Just in case I messed up my installation somehow, I ran a file check from the official launcher, you may want to do the same.

The format of the file is:

file_name, sega_crc, patched_crc

Let me know ;)
funkyskunk

Postby GAMA » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:44 pm

sexy new ui :D
GAMA

Postby Link_of_Hyrule » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:01 pm

It says "The files for PSO2 are not recognised by this applications Your patch will probably not work with this version of PSO2! Check for updates on the patch homepage!" Probably will be fixed in a couple more patches by it's self I would think lol.
Link_of_Hyrule

Postby funkyskunk » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Yeah sounds like you have left an ambiguous file in your installation somewhere. Still, checking using the method I said should show you which file has the wrong CRC. Someone could upload the correct files for you from their "backup" folder ;)

In further news. I've realised that I forgot to add the latest SEGA version to the application so every time you start up, you are getting an annoying message that the launcher version is wrong. I'll work in a configuration file for this in future so it will just download the latest collection of valid versions during the update check. You'll have to put up with the message probably until SEGA or the translation guys update again and I can check there are not any more annoyances during an update process.
funkyskunk

Postby Link_of_Hyrule » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:32 am

Is there a tool that will compare all the CRCs to make it easier because I don't really know how to do it.

EDIT: I think I figured it out. It says the CRC of a00c1a901abbf5e2357838a3591b8928 is B39541EC but your file says it should be 70BD7504. I replaced it with the version that has that crc so hopefully all is well now.

EDIT: Question does the newest Phantasy Star Online 2: Translation Launcher use whatever files are in the English folder or does it only use the files listed in the CRC? Just wondering because I don't think it backed up all the files in the newest patch.
Link_of_Hyrule

Postby funkyskunk » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:52 pm

It uses all of the files that are in the translation folder, basically it looks for anything without a file extension on the end.

Both the old patch and the 2nd patch have the same 23 files. The latest patch has 66 files and the CRC file on the server has now been updated so it should be recognised by the application.
funkyskunk

Postby jeqWbfgwVQag7O2s » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:28 pm

"The launcher version is not yet compatible with this application" "options features have been disabled"

What's this all about now?

Edit: I didn't see there was a second page to the thread, my bad entirely.
Last edited by jeqWbfgwVQag7O2s on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeqWbfgwVQag7O2s

Postby funkyskunk » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:11 pm

jeqWbfgwVQag7O2s wrote:"The launcher version is not yet compatible with this application" "options features have been disabled"

What's this all about now?

funkyskunk wrote:In further news. I've realised that I forgot to add the latest SEGA version to the application so every time you start up, you are getting an annoying message that the launcher version is wrong. I'll work in a configuration file for this in future so it will just download the latest collection of valid versions during the update check. You'll have to put up with the message probably until SEGA or the translation guys update again and I can check there are not any more annoyances during an update process.

Due to the recent patch, I've checked and there doesn't seem to be any other problems so I'll work on the options part of it next along with fixing that message. Sorry for the inconvenience
funkyskunk

Postby Link_of_Hyrule » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:38 pm

All seems to be in order now :) Looking forward to the next update of your launcher!
Link_of_Hyrule

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch