PSU-A (EGS Server) Mac port!

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Re: PSU-A (EGS Server) Mac port!

Postby DJEmergency » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:52 am

Krigo wrote:
DJEmergency wrote:Where did I say I didn't use WINE? and I didn't say that I take full credit on porting it.

Before you edited the first post, you claimed that you just finished working on a Mac OSX port of Phantasy Star Universe that would be compatible with EGS on it's release.

However, you've now changed the original post to say that it's a 'WINE Port'. You used the program WineSkin to create an OSX application for Phantasy Star Universe You came onto a Server forum claiming that you ported over the game. However, you need to keep in mind that PSU is still screwy with WINE despite the fact that it's compatible and PSO isn't even playable.

Also, It probably would've been a better option to package it with the Japanese version instead of the English version of the game. Considering the Japanese one is now released for free and releasing the English version for free would be pretty much be warez or copyright infringement.

You continue to over analyze things and put words in my mouth. Just because I didn't go into great detail about the port yet you start this whole mess of claims that you "think" I'm trying to do. Credits are there inside the app and more information will be released once I have it all put together. I've tested it many times before the EGS server went down and the port works great so you can't justify that you know everything. Also isn't it plain common sense that PSU and PSOBB was never open source? Wouldn't that straight up tell you that it's working with WINE? You keep boasting that I claimed I did the port from scratch which I never claimed in the first place. You sir are a "TROLOLOLOL"

I find it funny when somebody tries to help the community and out of no where these trolls that think they can read peoples minds and intentions. Have you ever heard of asking questions instead of just accusing and bashing? Or is it that you hate the world so you live off putting others down that tries to help other people? It would've been nice if you just asked "Is this a WINE port that you are working on?" Instead of "You're taking full credit for something you didn't do!"
Last edited by DJEmergency on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJEmergency

Postby Cisce » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:01 am

You came onto a PSU Server and research forum claiming that you've ported PSU to Mac OSX to then tell us that you used WINE. It's not impossible to reverse-engineer PSU and port it to another system, it would have just required a hell of a lot of effort. You act like these things haven't been done in the past. This is was my first assumption before assuming that it was running on a compability layer such as Cedega or WINE.

If you said in the original post that it ran on WINE and wasn't a port in the slightest this whole argument wouldn't have started. If I was a troll I wouldn't have registered here with my username that I use pretty much everywhere.
Cisce

Postby DJEmergency » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:05 am

Krigo wrote:You came onto a PSU Server and research forum claiming that you've ported PSU to Mac OSX to then tell us that you used WINE.

It's not impossible to reverse-engineer PSU and port it to another system. You act like these things haven't been done in the past.

Code: Select all
What is Wineskin?

Wineskin is a tool used to make ports of Windows software to Mac OS X.  The ports are in the form of normal Mac application bundle wrappers.  It works like a wrapper around the Windows software, and you can share just the wrappers if you choose.

Right from the Wineskin website. Stop saying it's not a port, because it is. Stop TROLOLOLing and move on.
DJEmergency

Postby DJEmergency » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:10 am

Krigo wrote:You came onto a PSU Server and research forum claiming that you've ported PSU to Mac OSX to then tell us that you used WINE. It's not impossible to reverse-engineer PSU and port it to another system, it would have just required a hell of a lot of effort. You act like these things haven't been done in the past. This is was my first assumption before assuming that it was running on a compability layer such as Cedega or WINE.

If you said in the original post that it ran on WINE and wasn't a port in the slightest this whole argument wouldn't have started. If I was a troll I wouldn't have registered here with my username that I use pretty much everywhere.

The argument started because you were being rude and accusing me of things. All you had to do was ask and not start drama by pointing fingers and accusing me of something u know nothing about.
Last edited by DJEmergency on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
DJEmergency

Postby Cisce » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:15 am

You could only consider it a port if it was a commercial release with proper support for it such as many releases that have happened in the past to Mac with TransGaming Cedega and that would still be stretching it.

It works like a wrapper around the Windows software

It's a compatability layer/wrapper. For the last time: This is not a native port of PSU to the Mac, anybody could have accomplished this regardless of effort. The reason why WineSkin and Cedega are used commercially? Publishers don't want to pay money to have the actual game ported professionally because there's a high chance that it'll sell like crap because the Mac user base isn't exactly known for gaming.

I'll also be looking forward to your amazing "port" of PSOBB that crashes on ship select. Don't get me wrong, I love WINE as software on Linux but PSOBB has been broken for years and despite the thread being around it's not receiving too much activity other than that it's taken close to 6 months for people to find out that it's a problem with the shaders. I have no problem with you packaging these games together with WineSkins.

I have a problem with you claiming it's a native port where in reality it's just WINE.
Last edited by Cisce on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cisce

Postby Qwerty » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:20 am

Hey guys, I just made a port of a bitmap into something called a jpg using some program called irfanview.
Now don't you dare tell me it isn't a port!

Jesus Christ this is stupid. Hey OP, if you are looking to get attention or e-cred or whatever the fuck, you are barking up the wrong tree here.
Qwerty

Postby DJEmergency » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:24 am

Krigo wrote:You could only consider it a port if it was a commercial release with proper support for it such as many releases that have happened in the past to Mac with TransGaming Cedega and that would still be stretching it.

It works like a wrapper around the Windows software

It's a compatability layer/wrapper. For the last time: This is not a native port of PSU to the Mac, anybody could have accomplished this regardless of effort. The reason why WineSkin and Cedega are used commercially? Publishers don't want to pay money to have the actual game ported professionally because there's a high chance that it'll sell like crap because the Mac user base isn't exactly known for gaming.

I'll also be looking forward to your amazing "port" of PSOBB that crashes on ship select. Don't get me wrong, I love WINE as software on Linux but PSOBB has been broken for years and despite the thread being around it's not receiving too much activity other than that it's taken close to 6 months for people to find out that it's a problem with the shaders. I have no problem with you packaging these games together with WineSkins.

I have a problem with you claiming it's a native port where in reality it's just WINE.

I did nothing wrong here, but to stand my ground for I know what the truth is. I'm the one that put the effort into making it work in WINE and used Wineskin. Then I created a package so it's easy for people to just open up the DMG and put it into the applications folder. That's all I did! Nothing more and nothing less. I didn't even put my own credit into doing that into the application. All it was is to help the community and THAT'S IT! Nothing more and nothing less. If you want to continue bashing me and make up things out of thin air then go ahead because you have no clue what I was thinking in my own mind. Can u read other people's minds? No... you can't. So stop while you're ahead.
DJEmergency

Postby DJEmergency » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:28 am

Qwerty wrote:Hey guys, I just made a port of a bitmap into something called a jpg using some program called irfanview.

Jesus Christ this is stupid. Hey OP, if you are looking to get attention or e-cred or whatever the fuck, you are barking up the wrong tree here.

Who says I'm looking to get credit in this? I don't care for it.
DJEmergency

Postby Hominghead » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:15 am

Qwerty wrote:Hey guys, I just made a port of a bitmap into something called a jpg using some program called irfanview.

Second.
Hominghead

Postby Mewn » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Hey guys I just wanted to help the community jeez aren't I awwwwwwwwsum xD
Mewn

PreviousNext

Return to PSU Modding