PSO2 English Patch Discussion Thread

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: PSO2 English Patch: Discussion thread

Postby schlagwerk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:46 pm

essen wrote:This is your friendly reminder that you should reward Agrajag's efforts by sending him games on Steam.

Would I be supporting my own agenda if sent Ys games? ;P
schlagwerk

Postby Mewn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:06 pm

Since I've seen people asking about it around the community, I thought I'd take some time to explain the situation with the English patch and game updates.

Any time the game updates, it will overwrite the data files regardless of whether the update changes the text files or not. In the event of a game update that doesn't change the text files, you should be able to simply copy the patch over again and play in English.

However, if the update does change the text files, the old patch will not work. You will have to wait for a new patch to be released, but we do hope to get patches with the basic new stuff translated out relatively quickly, provided Sega doesn't stymie the patch in any way (which is always possible). As a result, we are planning (and I emphasize that!) for the next patch release to be August 8th/9th to coincide with the Soaring Crystal Dragon game update. Along with basic translations for the new content the patch should include various bug fixes and typo/cut-off corrections, hopefully.
Mewn

Postby essen » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:07 pm

schlagwerk wrote:
essen wrote:This is your friendly reminder that you should reward Agrajag's efforts by sending him games on Steam.

Would I be supporting my own agenda if sent Ys games? ;P

I suppose so!
essen
Site Admin

Postby funkyskunk » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:36 am

Mewn wrote:Since I've seen people asking about it around the community, I thought I'd take some time to explain the situation with the English patch and game updates.

Any time the game updates, it will overwrite the data files regardless of whether the update changes the text files or not. In the event of a game update that doesn't change the text files, you should be able to simply copy the patch over again and play in English.

You may have noticed that my launcher logs the CRC's of each of the patchable files when you use it. If SEGA update any of the files then my tool will tell you that the CRC has changed and will warn you that the patch may no longer work. I can't really test this bit properly until the next patch but it should work.

Edit: Actually, you will continue to get the message every time until you "Select your translation files" again. I'll fix this in a later release as I plan to add a GUI for editing the options file soon too.
funkyskunk

Postby jeqWbfgwVQag7O2s » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:33 am

I was wondering why your program had kept saying the CRC had changed(I didn't bother to check with hashtab), and I didn't notice a patch. Thought I was going nuts.
jeqWbfgwVQag7O2s

Postby Ziah » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:52 pm

hey just wanted to thank u for this amazing patch. being able to at least understand some parts rlly helps alot! any one tht wants to be friends my ign is ziah id love to play with all of u guys thx again :) and also i don't seem to have ur launcher appear at all once i placedthe files into the game it translated everything tht was in the patch. so if there is some way to get to tht launcher if needed id love to know thx :)
Ziah

Postby sum182 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:52 pm

Great job guys!

So i'm looking for a little assistance, i tried to apply the patch, did it incorrectly and it broke my game. So i uninstalled/reinstalled and then did the "winrar administrator, extract to specified path" and went to load and it did the same thing. I click start on the launcher, and gameguard loads, then nothing happens...the game window never pops up. Bothers me cause i did the exact same method to a friends game and his works fine...Anyone familiar with this?
sum182

Postby funkyskunk » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Ziah wrote:hey just wanted to thank u for this amazing patch. being able to at least understand some parts rlly helps alot! any one tht wants to be friends my ign is ziah id love to play with all of u guys thx again :) and also i don't seem to have ur launcher appear at all once i placedthe files into the game it translated everything tht was in the patch. so if there is some way to get to tht launcher if needed id love to know thx :)

You use the Launcher on a clean install of the game without the translation. The launcher will insert the files if you choose to play in English then it will replace the Japanese files when you exit the game.
funkyskunk

Postby hsome22 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:15 am

It's sad cause I don't have enough FUN points. :(
hsome22

Postby MalfunctionX » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:47 am

Error Report:

Info
Client Order: Launcher Training III
Client Name: Josef
Objective: Complete [Subdue Caterdra'n]
Clear Reward: 1,000 Meseta, 2,000 EXP
From Client: Launchers Only, Clear in 16 Min, Can only be completed once

Error
This Client Order should be named "Launcher Training II" Seems there was an extra I added.

MalfunctionX

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch