Character Creator Translation Patch

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: Character Creator Translation Patch

Postby Tycho01 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:24 pm

Wow, thanks, that's awesome. Tried looking around for more TEXT files, but looks like there are no more so far, so won't bother trying replacing yet. I thought the tutorial seemed pretty clear though.
Hope it'll will work for the actual version then, but.. hash checks?

Anyway, just to check, all file formats other than ice, text, dds, snd/cpk/film and adx (i.e. trn, pgd, trp, aqn, tcb, set, aqp, sib, aqe, acb, fig, aqm, aqv, hca, mus) are still unknown, right? I Googled around for a bit, but to little avail (only potential hit was Pretty Good Privacy archive for PGD).
Tycho01

Postby Agrajag » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:33 pm

AQP/AQO (they're stored as .aqp, but the internal representation is .aqo) files are models. AQM is presumably animations. Forgotten what filetype was used for the character stats I found.

The only other .text files I'm aware of are in bb34435 and d94d9a82e9. These are the tutorial windows for the options screen and the character creator, respectively (and they both have group 1 files, so you'll have to take that into account when rewriting the file header).

And yes, PSU cared about the checksums of its text files for some reason.

Mewn: Sadly, that's the one thing I can absolutely guarantee is server-side. Costumes may be half and half (you'll note all the outfit names are in the creator demo), but weapons and items in general are sent by the server. Still, the more the merrier, at least for the time being.

EDIT: Whoops, sidetracked myself. If you're interested in models, chrrox wrote a plugin for Noesis to handle them, it's available here.
Agrajag

Postby Mewn » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Yes, I know item names are going to be server-side, a shame. On the other hand I'm sure there'll be lots of other stuff to translate for Project Oracle, so I'll no doubt have plenty to do - some of which may come in handy.
Mewn

Postby Tycho01 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Alright, so I tried translating those two files, though they've got little text, and I'm not even sure where it's supposed to appear in the demo. After going through the menus for a bit it starts crashing though, so I guess I messed up on editing the ICE headers (probably replacing the offset). Would you mind taking a quick look at those, Agrajag? Thanks in advance. >_<
Tycho01

Postby Agrajag » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:51 am

Sorry, that was my fault. As mentioned before, those files have group 1 in addition to group 2. I did not mention just how this changes the process.

When you're initially building the file, you must copy the "decompressed.bin" from Group_1_DEBUG_DUMPS into the file before the group 2 one (so header->group 1 dump->group 2 dump). After that, note the following:
The red box is the group 1 filesize, which isn't likely to change. The blue boxes need to be set to 0. Once you do those two things, it works:

For future reference, group 1 tends to be actual data (scripts, stats, etc), group 2 is aesthetic stuff (models, textures, text).
Agrajag

Postby Tycho01 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Ah, got it to work properly for one of the two files too now, thanks for the elaboration. Kinda silly I'd failed to save the translation of the actual explanation before by the way. Oh well, good enough for now. Sleep.
Tycho01

Postby lokinmodar » Thu May 03, 2012 12:36 pm

is there a way we can help improving the translation (expanding it since the OBT and release probably will mantain the actual structure)?
lokinmodar

Postby Tycho01 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Not sure how much we still actually know / have located untranslated client-side text files of, but at least for patch improvement Agrajag and I are taking a bit of a wait-and-see approach now. Current issues:
- translating still isn't too great using the current program; you can only see one item at a time, no mass-replace, and it's hard to make/apply translation lists for existing translations. Asked Agrajag to help out with this (e.g. exporting the files to an Excel-readable format so mass editing becomes a lot easier). However, this in turn has been delayed until a solution for the next point...
- there's currently no way to extract the beta archives; the current workaround used by Agrajag was to copy the decoded file content from process memory for the 0.25 seconds it'd be loaded in there as such. We're hoping scriptkiddie from Xentax forums can still update his old deICEr program for this purpose.

After that, I say we should put the text files up as public Google Spreadsheets or whatever (for in as far as there are people interested in joining) and see what we can do in terms of translation / refinement. It's gonna take some luck (mostly rooting for scriptkiddie), but considering how far we've gotten already...
Tycho01

Postby Krisan Thyme » Sun May 06, 2012 5:35 pm

0.25 seconds isn't very long.. Just how are you managing to pull it out of memory that quickly? (Or finding it even..)
Are you just mass dumping everything in memory at key points in loading and hoping for the best, or what? And if so, what are you using to dump it? I can think of a few things, but it seems like it'd be terribly inefficient a method.. Though I suppose if that's the only option, you work with what you have..
Krisan Thyme

Postby Tycho01 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:22 am

Agrajag's been doing that part, so I can't answer, but I'm guessing just complete memory dumps using CE.
Tycho01

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch