Changes to the Research Forums - Updated 1st July 2012

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Changes to the Research Forums - Updated 1st July 2012

Postby Chikinface » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Because it was kind of causing issues with discussion flow I've removed the need for posts to be approved in those sections.

Users should be aware however that there is much lower tolerance for bad posting there, in particular on the PSU research forum. The research is vital for the project, thus it is more important for those sections to be kept clean.
Chikinface

Re: Changes to the Research Forums

Postby Chikinface » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:17 pm

Quite a lot of non-research posts and threads being made lately in the research forums. This is to let you know that all non-research posts will probably be deleted. Do it often and warnings/pink names will be dished out.

Ofc, just because your posts got deleted doesn't mean it was bad necessarily, but that a member of staff felt like it wasn't adding anything or simply removed it as a part of cleanup.

It's fine to comment on/about and give thanks for current research for now, however.
Chikinface

Re: Changes to the Research Forums

Postby Chikinface » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:30 am

UPDATED POLICY HERE.

Ok, after some discussion this is how we've decided to move forward with the research sections. This is not just my decision.

As you may be aware, we got sort of overwhelmed with non-research posts in these sections with the worst affected thread being the PSO2 translation patch thread. Not surprising, the game is new and people are excited. However said posts make it more difficult for research to be carried out, and relevant posts can get lost, tempers flare, it's just no fun for anyone.

So what we've decided to do is to create a new group that has all the regular access to the research forums that nearly everyone had before, simply called "Researchers". If you made any post contributing information or research then I've added you to this group.

I posted research though, how come I'm not added?

Probably because I missed your post or forgot about you, sorry. Let me or essen know, preferablly with some idea of what you contributed to speed it up and one of us will get you sorted.

But where do I post research if I'm new?

You can post it in either Lounge or PSO2 Lounge. If it's good you will probably just be added to the group on the spot and the thread moved.

Posting thanks and things wasn't considered enough to be labelled a researcher, but all such posts of support were appreciated. Not all of you posted badly but enough bad posts happened to force us to re-think how we approached these sections.
Chikinface

Return to PSU Modding