Scape Dolls

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Scape Dolls

Postby Chikinface » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:24 pm

What do we do with them? The ability to carry 10 just takes away too much of the danger from the missions and makes tech rezzing and moon atomisers useless, thus harming teamwork.

Now, if this game was like PSP2 or PSO2, I might suggest limiting scape dolls to a maximum of 1 at a time. I would suggest however a limit of 2 or 3 for PSU in its current state, particularly due to bullshit moments the player has no control over (enemy resync cause you to get hit by an enemy stampede multiple times, mate lag, MEGID EVERYWHERE and numerous other one-shot mechanics). However this largely depends on how difficult we're making this game, but I wouldn't suggest allowing characters to carry more than 3 myself.

If theyre dying more than that, they're either undergeared or not really skilled enough for the run. So come back later or go find a party.

I do think scape dolls should be purchaseable from NPCs still, but make them much more expensive.
Chikinface

Re: Scape Dolls

Postby Mewn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:27 pm

If we can't remove bullshit cheap deaths from the game, limit them to 5.

If we can, limit them to 2.

Edit: Don't mind if they're available from NPCs, but maybe make them more gold-sinky.
Mewn

Postby Qwerty » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:30 pm

It depends on how we rebalance everything else, most notably bullshit enemies like Beed Groodes, but I reckon 3-5 would be an appropriate number.

Also, for certain missions that are definitely designed to be challenging and/or encourage teamwork, we could always set scape dolls to not work.
Qwerty

Postby essen » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Probably 3. Good players rarely would need more than that. Others should play in parties.

Also make a difference between *carrying* and *using*, let players have 99 scapes on them if they want, but limit their use at 3 per run.
essen
Site Admin

Return to PSU Modding