Character Creator Translation Patch

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: Character Creator Translation Patch

Postby Agrajag » Mon May 07, 2012 1:46 am

Attach CE to the process (and pause, if you're slow). Replace the title text (or actor text) archive name with your desired archive. Skip the intro cinematics, pause the game _right_ after you cancel the "HUmar dives into the warp pool" one. Search for the file's (in the ICE) header (open one of my .ice files in a hex editor, you'll see how they're set up). Use the data in the header to save the file (or if the archive has a bunch of files, use a lua script to walk through and output all of them).

The problem is the part where the game only keeps the actual original file in memory for a very brief time. Could've sworn their lua interpreter allowed frame advance (obviously not a _guaranteed_ approach given file loading's not synchronous with the game's display), but I couldn't find it.

Realistically, it works... occasionally. Otherwise, it's more along the lines of "search the file header, find nothing, swear, start over". Not a pretty process.
Agrajag

Postby Nahoji » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:10 am

Hey guys!

I can translate the installation tutorial in French if you're interested in! There's only a few points I don't understand about the installation, if you can help me...

I've download the three translation files on the first page, and also the software for installing them in the game's folder. But when I use enICEr for... Well, I guess it's for uncompressing the files, it displays an error message telling "Range Check Error" for 0d380e[...] and a1d84c[...] and an other message telling "Out of Memory" for 917e17[...] (I've check that DEBUG MODE is enable). In the "Group_2_DEBUG_DUMPS" folder created, no "Decompressed.bin" file, but one called "Decrypted_Not_Compressed".

I tried to finish installation with this files, but the game crashs when starting creating the character.

Obviously, I'll translate explanations too (:

Thanks!

(PS: I guess I can translate the Patch too, but not before Summer Vacations, and only if you can gave me text file with the actual English translation!)
"And, also remember... I'm French. So, sorry for my really bad English~"
Nahoji

Postby Qwerty » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:16 pm

Don't worry about the CBT patch, there's no way of knowing if it will even work in the coming tests until they start. If it does, I'm sure there will be plenty of time for adding other language versions in the long-term.
Qwerty

Postby Tycho01 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:19 am

Agra's working on mass text<->csv import/export; when that's done, the translators' job would be pretty easy.
Tycho01

Postby LostMK » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:39 pm

Just wanted to point out that using the old translation files causes all the translated text/text areas to be blank for the open beta client
LostMK

Postby Agrajag » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Just a warning: The pre-open beta isn't going to be translated. Given it's going to be running for 10 hours total, it hardly seems worth it. Work will resume on the actual OBT.
Agrajag

Postby Rikku » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Wait- Is the pre-open beta going to save our characters for the OBT?
Last edited by Rikku on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rikku

Postby Macman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Nope.
Macman

Postby Nahoji » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:17 pm

And also... Can someone explain me how to solve my problem?
"And, also remember... I'm French. So, sorry for my really bad English~"
Nahoji

Postby Tycho01 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:16 am

That deICEr was only compatible with the second alpha. For the pre-open beta there is no working way yet.
Tycho01

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch