error in english patch process

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

error in english patch process

Postby TFxli » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:05 pm

I downloaded the japanese version and installed it and patched it with no major problems. downloaded the english patch as provided on this forum and followed directions to extract into as listed pathway C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32.

I am using 7-zip to extract the rar file.

But it does not extract correctly, and the extraction process freezes and lists 34 errors: that say things along the lines like this:

ERROR: Can not delete output file C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32\3901567ea94202b5dee2275586fa4eb

When this first happened, I uninstalled the game and re-installed. Then went through another uninstall and reinstall because the second go around refused to patch. This third time allowed the proper patching and so I gave the english patch add in a try and resulted in the same error.

screenshot attached.

Help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Attachments
error pso2.png
error pso2.png (233.16 KiB) Viewed 17258 times
TFxli

Re: error in english patch process

Postby edevore » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:17 pm

I am not sure if your files are read only, two things come to mind when looking at that; either the pso2 is running in memory or maybe you need to try running the patch as administrator and if that doesn't work you can try extracting the archive manually with WinRAR and do it the hard way...

edit (misread above):
sorry I thought you had a 7zip exe file, try extracting to a folder then copy and paste overwriting current files.

I tried that patch on windows 8 and all of the dialogs are empty also I don't know if the patch for English is even up to date, maybe people lost interest and are focused on the psu aoti single-player expansion for the pc at this moment... well good luck trying to get it to work.
- Ugh!!! -
edevore

Postby Agrajag » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Posts about PSO2 belong in PSO2 Lounge, not PSU Research.

If you're seeing blank dialogs, make absolutely sure you're using the current version of the patch from this topic. Old versions will not work.
Agrajag

Postby TFxli » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:07 am

Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried extracting the files into a separate folder with my 7-zip program and it for some reason would only extract 46% of the files. The problem I was having was not blank dialogue, but rather, the patch did not seem to be actually replacing the Japanese language files. Essentially, the English files never copied over.

Tried extracting another zip file with 7-zip and it extracted 100% with no errors or issues. So it does not seem to be a 7-zip program issue?

Had a friend who extracted the english patch downloaded from the link on the forum here and passed the files onto me. Manually copied them into the win32 folder for pso2 and now the english works on the game.
Figured I post to let you know the issue in case it happens to someone else.

Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated.
TF
TFxli

Postby Qwerty » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:30 am

Dunno what would be causing that.

If it happens again, maybe just try WinRAR or something.

e: vvvvv - Yeah, that's probably a better idea.
Qwerty

Postby Agrajag » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:13 am

Best guess, try redownloading the file if this sort of thing happens again. 7zip and WinRAR should both work pretty equivalently for the files I make (it's not really a format that changes substantially over time).
Agrajag

Return to PSO2 Patch