Can't take this anymore

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Can't take this anymore

Postby gogeta » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:40 am

Someone make a private pso2 server... please?

In b 4 the lock.
gogeta

Re: Can't take this anymore

Postby essen » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:47 am

What can't you take anymore? The game is shit regardless of whether you play on official or on private servers.
essen
Site Admin

Postby KanameChidori » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:43 am

essen wrote:What can't you take anymore? The game is shit regardless of whether you play on official or on private servers.

Lmao couldn't have said it better myself.
KanameChidori

Postby gogeta » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:40 pm

What can't you take anymore? The game is shit regardless of whether you play on official or on private servers.

:/ I was hoping for a better answer, coming from the person who decided to make a private server out of a "shit" game PSU.
gogeta

Postby KanameChidori » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:59 pm

gogeta wrote:

:/ I was hoping for a better answer, coming from the person who decided to make a private server out of a "shit" game PSU.

PSU is a far better game than Pso2. Essen is not going to make a P server for a game that he doesn't like or just because because some random person asks him to.
KanameChidori

Postby Kid » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:03 pm

gogeta wrote::/ I was hoping for a better answer, coming from the person who decided to make a private server out of a "shit" game PSU.

PSu rocks :/ Haven't played pso2 yet though.
Kid

Postby Dorky » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:33 am

yeah psu is way better then pso2 thats y i still have faith psu private server is coming back :D
Dorky

Postby Rappy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:38 am

pso2 already has a f2p server that can have all the essential parts translated to English. Why would someone need to make a private server anyways?
Rappy

Postby Maronji » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:26 am

Rappy wrote:pso2 already has a f2p server that can have all the essential parts translated to English. Why would someone need to make a private server anyways?

• Oh, you know, so he can use admin commands to give himself all the best stuff at Lv65/65 whatever and blast through content without a care in the world whatsoever.
  • Alternatively, to take the less bastard (but still pretty bastard) route of upping the rates and leveling with 10x EXP and 9001x droprates. You know, like every other private server for every F2P game in existence.
    NOTE: This is partially sarcastic, but I'm actually still somewhat serious.
  • Oh, and also so he can get AC stuff without having to buy AC because he's a cheapskate.
  • You know, the usual.
Basically, because he's lazy and wants to make a bad game worse so he can get bored of it after a couple days (or because he has highly unrealistic expectations of such a project, like trying to change everything that Sega got wrong (I'd hate to be the guy that has to beta/balance test all that)).

@OP: I'll be willing to take my words back if you give us a legitimate/practical reason why you'd want a private server for PSO2 that everyone can agree on (good luck). I'm just not seeing any particularly practical reason to spend hundreds of hours reverse-engineering a server except for the above, and that all amounts to laziness and/or selfishness, in my opinion.
Maronji

Postby KanameChidori » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:18 am

Maronji wrote:
Rappy wrote:pso2 already has a f2p server that can have all the essential parts translated to English. Why would someone need to make a private server anyways?

• Oh, you know, so he can use admin commands to give himself all the best stuff at Lv65/65 whatever and blast through content without a care in the world whatsoever.
  • Alternatively, to take the less bastard (but still pretty bastard) route of upping the rates and leveling with 10x EXP and 9001x droprates. You know, like every other private server for every F2P game in existence.
    NOTE: This is partially sarcastic, but I'm actually still somewhat serious.
  • Oh, and also so he can get AC stuff without having to buy AC because he's a cheapskate.
  • You know, the usual.
Basically, because he's lazy and wants to make a bad game worse so he can get bored of it after a couple days (or because he has highly unrealistic expectations of such a project, like trying to change everything that Sega got wrong (I'd hate to be the guy that has to beta/balance test all that)).

@OP: I'll be willing to take my words back if you give us a legitimate/practical reason why you'd want a private server for PSO2 that everyone can agree on (good luck). I'm just not seeing any particularly practical reason to spend hundreds of hours reverse-engineering a server except for the above, and that all amounts to laziness and/or selfishness, in my opinion.

I agree with everything except the cheapskate part. Pso2's premium is a fucking joke it cost way too much and it's not really worth it. Pso2 is a very bad example of a P2W game because if you don't pay you can't even buy 10 star weapons, no room(You have that small room now but still), no shop, less fun points, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember. Honestly Pso2 would be a lot better if they made free players able to use any and all weapons, I mean that is literally the definition of pay to win. You spend money and you are able to get far superior weapons/units. That is the only reason I even see for a private server of this game.
KanameChidori

Next

Return to PSO2 Patch