About crediting and such~

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

About crediting and such~

Postby AIDA » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:46 pm

Since I'm working on a lot of stuff, some people have voiced concerns about "not giving credit where due" and such. It was my understanding that Agrajag coded the program, and Espio translated the JP, and that was it. I talked with Espio and Vashyron about it a moment ago, but I'd like some clarification. It's not that I won't/don't want to give credit, I just wasn't aware of other people working on it. ^^;

So I guess, uh - Who does what around here?
AIDA

Re: About crediting and such~

Postby Rappy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Rappy

Postby AIDA » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Rappy wrote:http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206

That list is old and outdated, hence my asking for a new list.
AIDA

Postby Rappy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:08 pm

AIDA wrote:

Those people still helped and deserve credit for their contributed time.
Rappy

Postby AIDA » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:13 pm

Rappy wrote:
AIDA wrote:

Those people still helped and deserve credit for their contributed time.

I never said they didn't?
AIDA

Postby Rappy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:17 pm

AIDA wrote:

You seemed like it. Also that list is pretty up to date. I think if anyone else would've helped Agrajag with anything he would edit the list to credit that person.
Rappy

Postby AIDA » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:19 pm

Rappy wrote:
AIDA wrote:

You seemed like it. Also that list is pretty up to date. I think if anyone else would've helped Agrajag with anything he would edit the list to credit that person.

Rappy, I've already talked to Espio, and Vashryon about making this thread. Please, just stop.
AIDA

Postby Rappy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:38 pm

AIDA wrote:
Rappy wrote:
AIDA wrote:

Rappy, I've already talked to Espio, and Vashryon about making this thread. Please, just stop.

I've given you a list like you wanted.
Rappy

Postby Qwerty » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:58 am

The list Rappy linked is up to date. On a more general note, all of us (i.e. PSUP/Arkive people) contribute to the contents of the main patch when it comes to naming things and whatnot. For example, while Raujinn and I are "officially" credited with trivial things, it's a bit more than that.

But while we're on the subject, when people say you have issue giving credit, they're mostly talking about when you post threads about "AIDA's English Patch" and say things like "For the record, I'm 100% in charge of all the foreign patches..." There are tons of people on PSOW who might think you are the progenitor of all the patches, not just the story one. They probably don't even know who Agrajag is, and you don't really do much to correct these misunderstandings. Don't get me wrong, none of us did this because we wanted attention or internet fame or community renown or whatever. But still, people should know who to thank, should they feel the desire to do so. Say what you will, but without Agra's initial dedication and his continued effort, the English PSO2 community would not be anything close to what it is today.

So yeah, maybe just be a bit more upfront and clear about who made this whole shebang possible (and who continues to maintain and update the majority of the core patch), and do a bit less "AIDA's This" and "AIDA's That", and I think we'll be good.
Qwerty

Postby essen » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:51 am

AIDA created a new topic about giving people credit where credit's due by starting with "Since I'm working on a lot of stuff". AIDA is a master at internet fame.
essen
Site Admin

Next

Return to PSO2 Patch