Microsoft XB360 controller not working?

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Microsoft XB360 controller not working?

Postby EbbFlowe » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:26 am

Hello, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but I need to figure this out.

I have an official microsoft wired controller, and I know it should definitely work with the game, but it's not. The computer is registering it and all the buttons fine, and I think even the game recognizes it somehow. When I'm in the game, if I press anything on the controller, the mouse pointer disappears, but nothing actually happens. Any thoughts or fixes? Thanks a ton for the help.
EbbFlowe

Re: Microsoft XB360 controller not working?

Postby idolon » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:09 pm

If you go into the game controller panel, then open the controller properties, you can see the analog sticks and button presses registering? I use PS3 controller which masquerades as a 360 controller and it works fine, so your controller should be usable.
idolon

Postby EbbFlowe » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Weird, I thought I replied to this yesterday, but I guess it didn't go through.

Yeah, the controller does register on my computer. It even plays other games just fine. But for some reason in PSO, no other controller seems to work. I tried PS3 controller/motioninjoy as well, but no go.

By now, I've reinstalled the game three times, and deleted/reinstalled the 360 controller drivers as well, but no luck so far. I hope it's not some weird punishment for building an AMD computer lol.
EbbFlowe

Postby idolon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Have you tried going into the input options in-game and messing around with things?
idolon

Postby EbbFlowe » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Yeah, there's no response on the calibration thing either. When I say "reset all settings", it then asks if I want to use gamepad or kb/m. I choose gamepad, the way I want things labeled in game, and when it gets to the analog stick calibration, there's no response. (but in the windows properties for the controller, there is.)
EbbFlowe

Return to PSO2 Patch