need PSUmods help

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

need PSUmods help

Postby mumblz » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:43 am

well I am in the works of trying to make a modification to the PSO2 game, nothing huge just a simple change, but I first need to know how to open and read the pso2 files. See as psumods as made the English patch I assume you have figured out how to read the files, any help would be appreciated.
mumblz

Re: need PSUmods help

Postby Maronji » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:32 am

The tools that are used in the creation of the English patch are not typically up for distribution. There's simply too many evil things that can be done if they ended up in the wrong hands. There are rare exceptions, like with Kion's Story Patch, but take my advice and don't get your hopes up unless you'll settle for them unpacking files for you and sending them to you (the chances of that are doubt-able at best, depending on what you're asking for).

What kind of mod are you even planning, anyway? I wouldn't expect anyone from the team to pass you the tools, much less give you basic help (aka extracting the needed files for you), without knowing exactly what you plan on doing.

EDIT: tl;dr: Just saying "I want to make a mod" doesn't mean anything by itself. Do yourself a favor and share what it is you want to "mod" with the rest of the class, please. It saves everyone's time and, depending on what you're thinking, may influence your chances (for better or worse).
Maronji

Postby Vashyron » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:06 am

The "Deicer" is public.

The tool to repack the Ice files is not.
Vashyron

Postby mumblz » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:19 am

I should actually explain what im looking to do, it might not be in the ice files. What im trying to do is change the actual camera distance in the crosshair mode inside the game, and the size of the crosshairs. any ideas on what id have to do?
mumblz

Postby Maronji » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:24 am

Vashyron wrote:The "Deicer" is public.

The tool to repack the Ice files is not.

Ah, right.

mumblz wrote:I should actually explain what im looking to do, it might not be in the ice files. What im trying to do is change the actual camera distance in the crosshair mod inside the game, and the size of the crosshairs. any ideas on what id have to do?

Oh, is that all? Okay. *puts down torch and pitchfork*

Why do you want to do that, though?

Oh wait, did I put out the fire on the torch before I set it down?
Maronji

Postby mumblz » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:28 am

the main reason I want to change the distance is because I dont like how close it is over the shoulder, and I feel the crosshairs are to big
mumblz

Postby mumblz » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:39 am

actually If PSUmods would be interested in doing this would be find by me :)
mumblz

Postby mumblz » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:32 pm

if anyone is willing to help with this hit me up.
mumblz

Return to PSO2 Patch