PSO2 Won't update?

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

PSO2 Won't update?

Postby Shina » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:45 am

I been having trouble try to run PSO2. When it starts, it begins to patch. Currently downloading "398/6064" (started download the patches at about 4:00am EST and it's nearly 6:00am). It's going at a snail's pace and I can download pretty damn fast. I know the servers are in Japan, but I can download files from Japanese server quite fast. This my first time playing since the first or 2nd closed beta. I downloaded from the launcher just fine. It just the patch seems to take forever. This gotta be my third time. The other times I've tried I've got some errors, but I didn't catch it (but I assume it was a time out since it takes sooo long to update). So, I don't know if there's a pre-patch out there somewhere or not, but this is taking longer than I thought. =/ This I like if developer offered pre-patched clients.
Shina

Re: PSO2 Won't update?

Postby Klypto » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:54 pm

The patch server is super slow, but usually there aren't any disconnect issues.
Klypto

Postby oOSAROo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Download server are in South Korea
u download all again 9-10 GB ?! im think so :D
oOSAROo

Postby andreyin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:41 pm

Same thing is happening to me, I get a dialog box saying something about an error, in english. I haven't played since the 2nd closed beta. Is there any way I can download this patch from some other place and apply it manually? I too didn't catch the exact error, but it already happened to me 4 times. As soon as I get it again, I'll post the picture here, I'm pretty sure it's the same error as you.
andreyin

Postby AIDA » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:16 am

Most, if not all, patching and updating errors can be solved by downloading the English Translation Launcher, created by funkyskunk. The download is here:

http://files-ds-scene.net/retrohead/pspo2se/

Extract it somewhere, run the PSO Translation Launcher.exe and select your PSO2 directory. It will then check for updates and ask if you'd like to update to the latest version of PSO2 from SEGA. Hit yes, and wait for the deliciously easy patching to finish.
AIDA

Postby Kamineko99 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:00 pm

hello, i downloaded the game, but after having long hours of download... it asks me like to download the first update and it always disconnects often, i need to again all the way download or try it, cuz it dont complete and send me some errors while downloading the first patch, and there is no a resume button, just the one that cancels the process, is this normal? is it just to keep trying? or i can get that "patch" other place?

EDITED: forgot to tell, i have not yet added manually the "english language" patch provided on this forums, i will not do it until i see the game is totally running... but, again i apologize to ask, any way i can get the first patch for the game to downloaded easier?
Kamineko99

Return to PSO2 Patch