OBSOLETED

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: Story Patch ver 0.45 Discussion/Bug Report Thread

Postby Maronji » Fri May 17, 2013 2:35 am

idolon wrote:The Koffee thing only happens in the lobby. I have had the same thing happen a few times during TAs before this update, but I was never able to find a real cause for it. I'd say it's more than likely that the story patch needs to be updated for the latest game version.

suachua wrote:I got a black screen in the story quest "Eerie Naberius" at matter board 3. Can you check it ? I use 2/5 patch

Related: They took the download link on Arks Layer down just recently. Might be trying to get it updated.
EDIT: Scratch that, they put it back up, but since I'm not sure if it's been thoroughly checked yet, use it at your own risk for now.

I'll pass the word on about the story quest black screen, but did you use the 5/02 patch over a clean (aka unpatched) folder or did you simply patch over an older story patch (aka the 4/10 patch)? It's typically not recommended to patch over older story patches (although I somehow doubt you did; good to know regardless, though).
Maronji

Postby Haseokun » Fri May 17, 2013 8:08 am

I have to use Darksuns old english launcher to install the english patch files and the story patch. This launcher does validate the story mode patch files I have downloaded but refuses to install them. I have the May 2nd patch files. The problem is that it validates them but fails to install them and returns with an error. The reason I am using this launcher is because when I use the official japanese launcher installed by the game the game then patches back over the files anytime I run the game resulting in the game being in it's original japanese format. For awhile I actually thought the Story Mode Patch was working until I came across a Patty and Tea cutscene because the translation launcher must have gotten the english patch files to work, but not the story patch. I have heard conflicting reports of the story patch causing problems for some and being fine for others. The story patch worked 100% before the recent update and I was thoroughly enjoying myself on the game on my new character. I would like to get this working again, perhaps by using a different launcher other than Darksuns if need be. Does anyone here have any suggestions on how to A: get this patch working or B: get the english patch working without Darksuns seemingly outdated and frequently erroring launcher? I've already re-installed the game once to be completely rid of the story patch install previously before this and I would rather not have to do that once more. Props go to the english patch team btw, loving the work on the patch from what I've seen of it so far. I'm excited and looking forward to seeing the rest of the plotline.
Haseokun

Postby suachua » Fri May 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Maronji wrote:I'll pass the word on about the story quest black screen, but did you use the 5/02 patch over a clean (aka unpatched) folder or did you simply patch over an older story patch (aka the 4/10 patch)? It's typically not recommended to patch over older story patches (although I somehow doubt you did; good to know regardless, though).

I patched over a clean folder, right after i finished update the game in May 15th
suachua

Postby DarK-SuN » Sat May 18, 2013 1:57 pm

That's bizarre, the permissions fixed launcher I provide should be updated, I uploaded the most recent one in the last patch.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/228 ... uncher.zip
The link, in case someone needs to redownload it.
DarK-SuN

Postby SenpaiSilver » Sat May 18, 2013 5:39 pm

With the Story patch, the matterboard can't complete D3 in the 11th matterboard, the cutscene doesn't load but once I unpatch the game it works.
There is also the story mission Beginning of the End, when I take the West route without Zeno and Echo (Maria's Confession) I can't view the first cutscene.
SenpaiSilver

Postby AIDA » Sun May 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Looks like there's a definite issue with the tutorial - A screen pops up in the JP version that does NOT appear in the Story Patch - I'll begin work on a new patch ASAP.
AIDA

Postby Sakarisei » Mon May 20, 2013 12:26 pm

When you see the last event scene of MB 10, you cannot see more events, even the ones of the chapter 10... :(
Sakarisei

Postby AIDA » Tue May 21, 2013 7:08 am

New story patch is out: http://arks-layer.com/
AIDA

Postby sesheron » Wed May 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Is it just me or are the links on that page huge and over lapping?
sesheron

Postby AIDA » Wed May 22, 2013 10:26 pm

sesheron wrote:Is it just me or are the links on that page huge and over lapping?

That's very odd - It's supposed to be the same no matter how it's zoomed. What res/browser are you using?
AIDA

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch