Weird Screen Effects?

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Weird Screen Effects?

Postby retrorockman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:43 pm

I know what all the PSE-related ones are, but what about the others?

The red/black/white lines and weird wave-ish effects, for instance. I was under the impression that they represented bosses in the area, but it doesn't always seem to be the case. Does it just mean there's a chance they'll spawn, or is it something completely different?

Like it always seemed when the Black/Red wave effect happened, we always ran into Ragne shortly after. Orangeish was the Vol Dragon, White was the Ghwanda or however you spell it. (Desert boss)
retrorockman

Re: Weird Screen Effects?

Postby Macman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:49 pm

They refer to emergency codes.

I know the red waves with the heartbeat often mean that either code rescue funji, or code avoid is ready to spawn somewhere in the map.
Macman

Postby retrorockman » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:25 am

I don't think they refer to Emergency Codes. Do you have a source for that information, or is it from your own observations?

Because I've had the red waves with the heartbeat happen in the Caves multiple times, and never had those happen immediately after.

I have however as I said, ran into Ragne multiple times after seeing it. I don't even know, man. wtf.

Edit: Now I eat my words. I literally just had an experience like you said. I saw the red line effect, and at the end there was a Code: Avoid waiting for me.
retrorockman

Postby Macman » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:28 am

Personal experience. I've actually hunted down the codes related to the screen effect and it's sometimes in an area you've already explored. You may have to backtrack.

I also believe the random chatter that Hilda and the others give also refer to possible emergency codes.
Macman

Postby Mewn » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Macman wrote:I... believe the random chatter that Hilda and the others give also refer to possible emergency codes.

This is true.
Mewn

Return to PSO2 Patch