[Updated 2013-04-19] PSO2: Translation Launcher v1.2.7

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: [Updated 2013-04-19] PSO2: Translation Launcher v1.2.7

Postby funkyskunk » Tue May 07, 2013 9:04 pm

It's not easy following the story updates, it would be better if the patch guys could maintain the crc file too but I can't really expect that to happen.

The fact is that I need to download the patch to check the crc's which takes some time and the releases are too random for me to capture them atm. The menu patch guys release on SEGA update days which is much more convenient so that runs fairly smoothly. Again, the launcher clearly shows the recognised version but you can force it to install the files via putting the files in with the menu patch files but it will slow launch times down, drastically.

When I next get time to work on the launcher, I'll add in the option to force an install anyway if it's not recognised. The code will need a bit of re-writing to allow it though so I do need a good few hours spare which is hard to come by atm.
funkyskunk

Postby genjen » Fri May 10, 2013 7:48 pm

is anyone else getting this?

1.jpg
1.jpg (118.59 KiB) Viewed 22688 times

2.jpg
2.jpg (118.99 KiB) Viewed 22688 times
genjen

Postby blanqshot » Sat May 11, 2013 7:13 pm

genjen wrote:is anyone else getting this?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Yup I'm getting it as well.
blanqshot

Postby mejinomaru » Mon May 13, 2013 7:48 am

hey quick question anyone ok Im at my bro's house trying to update his game for the longest at first It was that error 12002 I believe then I stumbled upon this and it looks like it was updating the game about 4.03 worth of updates mind you he wasnt here he was in college back for summer break anyways when it was validating the files it got to around 31% and then it said download failed UGH do we have to start all the way over or what :?:]
and btw I had turned off the firewall to try and get past that earlier error we would just like the game to be updated this has been maddening 3 hrs down the drain

another update turns out I dont have to download again it validated and now its installing the files there is no way to find out how long this takes but Im thankful for this launcher might try it on my computer
mejinomaru

Postby Xiee » Tue May 14, 2013 7:29 am

genjen wrote:is anyone else getting this?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Yes I'm getting this as well. I also can't seem to pre-patch through the EN launcher so I'm trying to patch on the official JP launcher.
Xiee

Postby funkyskunk » Thu May 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Typical, my internet has been down for days and have just managed to sort it. There's been a pre-update, and I missed it again...great.

I'll try to get up to speed at the weekend with patches as those will need updating. I'll release the new version I am working on too if I can which fixes the messages about the pre-update file failing.
funkyskunk

Postby Haseokun » Fri May 17, 2013 11:56 pm

I hope the screenshots I am posting below help out the people working on this launcher. I would post more but 3 is the attachments limit. All of the screenshots below were taken with a fresh official sega update and file check done previous to using the launcher which turned the game back into its original japanese format. :( :|
Attachments
PSO2 Launcher Fail 3.jpg
This is the third screenshot I took. I took this after clicking "Uninstall Files/Restore" button underneath the PSO2 Version section of the launcher. The launcher then fails to patch the "invalid files". I get the error "'0' Files processed and 910 files failed."
PSO2 Launcher Fail 3.jpg (110.87 KiB) Viewed 22443 times
PSO2 Launcher Fail 2.jpg
This is the second screenshot I took. I took this after clicking the "Backup Now" button underneath the PSO2 Version section of the launcher.
PSO2 Launcher Fail 2.jpg (110.96 KiB) Viewed 22443 times
PSO2 Launcher Fail.jpg
This is the first screenshot I took. I took this after clicking "Install Files" button underneath the Story Translation Setup section of the launcher. "Validate Files" completed successfully before I clicked "Install Files".
PSO2 Launcher Fail.jpg (122.79 KiB) Viewed 22443 times
Haseokun

Postby Espilonarge » Sat May 18, 2013 7:05 am

That's the exact problem I've been having for over a week now (I stated about this earlier but it's obviously gone unnoticed). It says that the story files are all valid when they're checked (the recent "05-02-2013" files) but as soon as you try to install them, it says they're all "invalid" due to a CRC problem. Obviously the maker of the launcher (funkyskunk) needs to fix this major bug because they only way to get around the problem at the moment is to backup all the original files (manually since the launcher is "refusing" to cooperate with a simple backup operation) and then overwrite them.
Espilonarge

Postby Haseokun » Sun May 19, 2013 2:17 am

This is still the launcher I personally have to use to get the 05-15-2013 English Patch Files working at all. The Story Patch is currently a no go, but then again, that's not the topic of this thread. This launcher still has a lot of problems so I'm trying out AIDAs new PSO2 Tweaker Version 1.4.0.0. I can verify that AIDA is continue work on their launcher and updates via pso-world.com forums.
Haseokun

Postby AIDA » Sun May 19, 2013 2:49 pm

funkyskunk wrote:It's not easy following the story updates, it would be better if the patch guys could maintain the crc file too but I can't really expect that to happen.

The fact is that I need to download the patch to check the crc's which takes some time and the releases are too random for me to capture them atm. The menu patch guys release on SEGA update days which is much more convenient so that runs fairly smoothly. Again, the launcher clearly shows the recognised version but you can force it to install the files via putting the files in with the menu patch files but it will slow launch times down, drastically.

When I next get time to work on the launcher, I'll add in the option to force an install anyway if it's not recognised. The code will need a bit of re-writing to allow it though so I do need a good few hours spare which is hard to come by atm.

Do you need the CRC or the MD5? I have no problem throwing them your way whenever we update. Let me know.
AIDA

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch