PSO2 English Patch Discussion Thread

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: PSO2 English Patch: Discussion thread

Postby Maronji » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:18 pm

So one of the times I opened the AC Shop (I won't lie; I wanted to hear Satori talk), she gave me this gem:
Satori wrote:Welcome, we value your custom!

It looks like English, but I don't think that's English. I don't know what that is.

Just bringing it up because it seems like some TLC or QC is needed there. As for which of the two... I honestly don't have a clue.
Maronji

Postby Mewn » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:27 pm

It's perfectly valid English, but I agree it does sound awkward. I'll look into changing it.
Mewn

Postby Darki » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Mewn wrote:The files shouldn't be corrupt, so it sounds like it's not downloading properly (unexpected end might mean the download is cutting off before it's complete, is the RAR file you download less than 3.36MB?).

Try this link instead: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10722409/pso2_ ... _aug_1.rar

Now that you mention it, I just noticed that the file was like 1.02MB. My internet connection is reeeeeeally slow, as I'm currently at the beach using my cellphone as a Wi-fi spot and the line is 54 mbps (still works for the game, though, but don't try Youtube, lol). What strikes me is that I've tried to download the file at least 5 times and always got the same error, even not having noticed the file size. The link you posted seems to be downloading well, so don't know what might be.
Darki

Postby Macman » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:57 pm

jeqWbfgwVQag7O2s wrote:among other things, a potential bug I noticed is that if you are in a party, and the leader picks up a quest at the quest counter, normally you would get a banner across your screen saying your leader has picked up a quest, but with the patch you only hear the sound that signifies a quest was picked up.

This also applies to the banner that used to show up when taking/turning in client orders. It's no longer there.
Macman

Postby Mewn » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:54 pm

The client order banners will be fixed in the next release (sorry for those who don't like how slow it is with the banners!). I'm still looking into the quest banner issue.
Mewn

Postby ShadowMyst » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Maronji wrote:So one of the times I opened the AC Shop (I won't lie; I wanted to hear Satori talk), she gave me this gem:
Satori wrote:Welcome, we value your custom!

It looks like English, but I don't think that's English. I don't know what that is.

Just bringing it up because it seems like some TLC or QC is needed there. As for which of the two... I honestly don't have a clue.

That is very very old British English. I imagine it is probably still used today in some places though.

Great work so far guys! As much as I appreciate sites like Bumped.org taking the time to post translations for most of the menus and quests, it'll be great not to have to switch from game to web browser anytime I need to do something.
ShadowMyst

Postby ripghoti » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Okay, idiot time. I unrared the files as instructed, but no changes have happened. I have done this twice, but have had nothing come up. Am I missing something? (restart computer, bark like a dog, pray to Gabe Newell)

UPDATE: I got it to work (which was a bit of a pain, but worth it!) First change the win32 file and all contents to have Read Only not selected. This has to be approved by an Administrator (so if you are not one on the computer, you're SOL). Next Extract the files to a folder on your desktop (named mine pso2 English Patch). Next, move the files to the win32 folder and replace the old ones(It will ask for permission again from an Administrator).

No idea if this has been posted already, but I hope it helps fellow windows 7 users.
Last edited by ripghoti on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ripghoti

Postby essen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:27 pm

This is your friendly reminder that you should reward Agrajag's efforts by sending him games on Steam.
essen
Site Admin

Postby funkyskunk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:49 pm

ripghoti wrote:No idea if this has been posted already, but I hope it helps fellow windows 7 users.

You can also just run my translation launcher as administrator.
funkyskunk

Postby Maronji » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:15 am

Mewn wrote:It's perfectly valid English, but I agree it does sound awkward.

ShadowMyst wrote:That is very very old British English. I imagine it is probably still used today in some places though.

Huh. Okay, good to know. I've just never heard that before, so it completely threw me for a loop.

My reaction was intended to be a bit of a joke, but in retrospect... I don't think it worked out. Never was funny when I wanted to be.
Maronji

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch