PSO2 English Patch Discussion Thread

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: PSO2 English Patch Discussion Thread

Postby Shade_Koopa » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:52 am

I am still very new to this game and this english patch, but I notice some items are not translated in this patch. The UI and quest are translated. Why is it that the items are not translated like the healing items, weapon, and what not?
Shade_Koopa

Postby Qwerty » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206#p2273
Mewn wrote:Known issues - August 9th
* The following are believed to be server-side and cannot be translated by a client patch:
    - Item names and descriptions.
    - Title names and prerequisites.
    - Matter Board names (possibly)
    - Parts of the Campship Partner Terminal (possibly)
* Much of the story/descriptive text is untranslated, as are most Event Tablet names.
Qwerty

Postby Shade_Koopa » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:36 pm

Qwerty wrote:http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206#p2273
Mewn wrote:Known issues - August 9th
* The following are believed to be server-side and cannot be translated by a client patch:
    - Item names and descriptions.
    - Title names and prerequisites.
    - Matter Board names (possibly)
    - Parts of the Campship Partner Terminal (possibly)
* Much of the story/descriptive text is untranslated, as are most Event Tablet names.

Oh, i'm an idiot, I didn't notice that. Sorry.

Then may I ask, is there any guide as to the list of these items that are unable to be translated by the patch?
Shade_Koopa

Postby edirian000 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:30 pm

sooooooo everytime i repatch the english patch pso2 keeps updating every single time i try to play and it changes it back to japanese. is there anyway to stop it from doing this?
edirian000

Postby chikko1988 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:14 am

Tower Defense Menu UIs are not translated... :v
chikko1988

Postby Qwerty » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:03 am

Shade_Koopa wrote:Then may I ask, is there any guide as to the list of these items that are unable to be translated by the patch?
Every item name is sent by the server, and therefore cannot be translated by this patch. There is a way to translate them using AIDA's custom launcher thing, but that is not covered in this thread. If it's a list of items you're looking for, then http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/ is the only English-language database that is even remotely up to date.

edirian000 wrote:sooooooo everytime i repatch the english patch pso2 keeps updating every single time i try to play and it changes it back to japanese. is there anyway to stop it from doing this?
This happens randomly to random people for random lengths of time. We have no idea why it happens or how to fix it. However, you can circumvent the problem by bypassing the launcher when starting PSO2. You can find out how to do this in the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=477

chikko1988 wrote:Tower Defense Menu UIs are not translated... :v
It'll be fixed next week.
Qwerty

Postby Pthorpe27 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:36 pm

So I just downloaded PSO2, read everything about the English patches, the core, large and story. Which I have them all downloaded as well. I also have the tweaker downloaded. However anytime I start up the game the initial main story is still all in Japanese, like the opening video and the tutorial. I keep trying to find a solution to this but when I replaced the files in the PSO2 data file with the story patch it just keeps updating my game and then it went all back to Japanese. So if anyone could help out it would be greatly appreciated.

Also which servers do English speaking players play on.?
Pthorpe27

Postby Qwerty » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:41 pm

Ship 2.

Story patch/tweaker related questions need to be directed towards AIDA. You might try sending him a PM, since I'm not sure how often he checks this forum.
Qwerty

Postby Dynastyhero » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:39 am

Guys I need help im trying to download the English patches but when I click the link I just get the error 403 forbidden?
Dynastyhero

Postby hikozaa » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:17 am

Please help me.. i don't know what happen but after recently patch when i try to play pso2. my RAM and bandwidth used so high in PSO2. it never happens before.. anyone know why ?
hikozaa

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch