PSO2 final: English Patch

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: PSO2 final: English Patch

Postby Agrajag » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:23 am

Non-critical update.

Fixed a few errors (Speed Annihilation III was the wrong difficulty, one of Hilda's messages was misattributed), renamed a CO in a fit of pique (Darkness-producing Fog->Giant Enemy Crabs), adjusted the wording of a few things for space/whatever, added the requirements for Philia's first few COs (there was no yellow text in the Japanese).
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:15 am

Patch updated to work on the current version.

Note that the new potentials aren't translated yet, so... err... have fun with that (they'll be done for next week, probably).
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:56 am

Oh, forgot to post a comment here when I did it. Patch file was updated tonight, large files and JP actor file are still the old version (was just filling in quest info for advance quests, fixing the calibration messages, and fixing the overhead options). Old version works still, too, if you want to leave the menu prompts for advance quests in Japanese for some reason...?

EDIT: Fixed the download, it was wrong before.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:57 am

Updated for the new client version.

Filled in some of the missing things from the last release (advance risk menu being the main one) and I think all of the relevant new things so far. A lot of the clothing names in the changing room got reverted to Japanese in Sega's big "rename all the items" spree, so beware. The large files may or may not work, I'll sort them out in the next couple days.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:37 am

Large files have been corrected for the current game version.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:33 am

Non-critical update. Fixed a few errors, translated the "my room" text and the new matter boards.

The following NPCs have been renamed:
Shion->Xion
Uruk->Ulc (reversion of previous change)
Legias->Regius
Kasura->Casra

JP actor name will be updated in the future to reflect these changes, but it should still work until then.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:27 am

Maintenance update because Sega had to go and change one string in one of the files. Also renamed the White Day quest.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:36 am

Maintenance release. Large files pending, as well as a more permanent link (I know my dropbox account's gonna get locked again).
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:44 am

Alright, relocated the patch back to its proper home, and updated the JP enemy file and large files.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:47 am

New patch, a bit rough around the edges.

However! Thanks to AIDA and some people at PSO-World, we now have the NPC autowords translated. Don't worry, unlike PSU, they're strictly client-side here--people will only see them in English if they're using the patch.

("Purin" is Japanese for "Pudding", if anyone asks why that one admin was renamed. If... that particular NPC is even available yet, that is.)
Agrajag

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch