A minor glimpse into the release client

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: A minor glimpse into the release client

Postby Agrajag » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:20 am

First part of the pre-download's available, a brief rundown:
Goronzoran, Dragon Ex souls.
Something that summons 10 BirdBirdcrows.
Planet 6 area 2 is named "Seabed". Area 9 (boss arena) is named "MarineBoss".
New enemy listings: MarineOarfish (common and rare variants; new De Rol Le?), BirdDoubleHead, BirdCentaur, Mesetan, Byakko(?--at the end of the list, no enemy file yet).
Area 2000 (formerly "DifficultQuest") is now named "Tower". It appears to be a many-floor thing where each floor has a gimmick; both Falz Arm and Dark Falz Elder can appear in it.
Lillipa3 still has no other name. It apparently has an emergency trial where you defend Lillipan homes.
Various interesting-sounding skill names (ElderSlayer, PotentialBlowFighter, HalflineAbnormal, AirStrike, CrazyBeat, RareKilling, NotoriousKilling, BoostKilling).
New Advance Quests: Ruins (uses b capsules) and Urban (uses a capsules).
New Emergency Quest (placeholder title): The Whim of the WInd (【工事中】 風のきまぐれ(仮)); yes, it's both "under construction" and a "temporary name" (condition says to kill a Rockbear, but I doubt that's for real).
New TA quest: Breakthrough Training: Dragon Altar (突破演習:龍祭壇).
New ??? quest: National Preliminaries (全国大会予選). Apparently a practice round of some sort, gives no items or exp. States that full rules will be on the official site, so it's gotta be related to that ranking thing.

A few new COs, nothing too remarkable (the standard set for a new area).

New small icons are here.
Large icons here.

(I want that samurai mag.)

EDIT: They also raised the required exp for 55-56 and 60-61 by like 30k each. Shocking.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:42 am

One new PA per weapon (no names yet), no sign of new techs. Katana/compound bow have their PA stats in now, I can rip those at some point (also apparently their icons are on the window texture now?).

New monsters:
Goronzoran (ゴロンゾラン -- the summoner; soul is named "Goron Soul")
Dragon Ex (ドラゴン・エクス -- spelling's similar to "Excalibur")
Noir Draal (ノワル・ドラール -- rare Dragon Ex)
Egg Rappy (エグ・ラッピー)
Rain Rappy (雨ラッピー -- named "FrogRappy" internally)
Pendran (ペンドラン)
Deegala (ディガーラ -- Fly Deeg FLY)
Sol Deegala (ソル・ディガーラ -- Fly Deeg FLY and also shoot projectiles)
Dirandal (ディランダール)
Sol Dirandal (ソル・ディランダール)

New potentials (not going to mention most of them), a few adding PA damage for certain weapon types, a few adding damage during certain weathers, a few reducing damage from certain monster types, one that sometimes inflicts stun when you just attack...

New skills:
Each class got a "Rare Mastery" (increased attack strength using a 10* weapon, only as main class). Fighter got PP Slayer (increases striking/ranged damage when PP's below 50%), Hunter got Fury Combo Up (increases damage when continuously attacking), Ranger got Killing Bonus (regen PP when enemies die), Gunner got Perfect Keeper (increased damage when at 100% health), Force got Photon Flare After Burst (for 30 seconds after the end of Photon Flare, increases T-ATK), Techer got Extend Assist (increases the duration of support techs).
Fury Stance increases striking and ranged damage done to enemies, and striking damage received.

Apparently there's a new level cap unlock CO at some point.

New codes: Vanish, Offensive, Intercept, Follow, Unite, Search, Hide, Bash, Test, Unknown, Quick.

EDIT: Appears that katana and compoundbow may belong to a single class? "class_07" is the only new class icon.

EDIT AGAIN: Large icons (updated for part 2).
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:39 am

The class "swordarcher" only has one skill at the moment, "Katana:FinishUp".

The 6th technique per element is Na- (Nabarta, Nafoie, etc), except Zan, which has Zanverse.

There may be another weapon in the pipeline. There are references to bones for "Saya", one for each hand.

The predownload for some reason included several coast/seabed/marineboss files. They crash all the noesis plugins. The enemy models work, but they lack textures; thanks to Raujinn, birdbirdcrow, birdcentaur (presumably the miniboss), bird soldier A (B uses a sword, C uses twin swords), oarfish (note: apparently has many breakable parts, so maybe a new version of De Rolei from PSU?--doesn't resemble PSO's De Rol Le all that much). Note that there's also a bird dual head, which uses a scythe.
Agrajag

Postby Chikinface » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Mesetan!.. obviously not what it will look like in game. Like the other models, it has no textures. Rendering like this was just the only way I could show all the details of it
Chikinface

Postby Agrajag » Wed May 08, 2013 4:06 am

New large icons here.
Of particular note there (to me, anyway): Rare Goronzoran, actual icons for seasonal rappies, parasol gunslash, bouquet wand, the return of Precious Balmura and Crystal Skull...

On the enemy side, the following enemies are now referenced (no files included in this part of the update--this is the boring part of the data directory):
MachineWolf/mecha_wolf (3 versions--MachineWolf, MachineWolfShot, MachineWolfBoost)
MarineDog/wtr_shark (1 version)
MarineTetra/wtr_tpot (a tetra is a type of fish)
MechaMineCustom/mine_cstm (MechaMine is Kindidd, from the Big Vardha fight)
MarineFlower/wtr_flower (Poison Lily's return?)
MachineCCanon/big_robot_a (possible boss?)
MachineCShield/* (no filename)
MachineCCanonRare/* (no filename)
MachineCShieldRare/* (no filename)

Monsters seem to get new (or modified) behaviors on the next difficulty up, which is currently being called... err... "SuperVeryHard". For instance, Signo Beat seems to be able to create giant holograms (or something).

And that's about all I expect to get out of this part of the client. People who enjoy ripping weapon models should have some new toys to play with.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Fri May 10, 2013 4:48 pm

Small icons.
Large icons.

New quests:
Emergency:
With Wind and Rain (雨風とともに) (see Bumped)
****************** (emergency quest, your guess is as good as mine)

Advance:
Urban and Ruins AQs have full descriptions now.
Special Survey: Sanctum (特務先遣調査:龍祭壇) (requires C capsules)

Event:
Arks GP: Preliminary Stage (アークスGP予選ステージ)
Initial Battle [placeholder] (【工事中】全国大会本戦)

XTREEEEEM (tower):
Extreme Training: Tundra and Machines (極限訓練:凍土と機甲)
Extreme Training: Forest and Dragons (極限訓練:森林と龍)
Water and Darkness Training Academy [placeholder] (水と闇の訓練所(仮))

Client orders:
Xie wants Mr. Umblla. Have fun!

Emergency trials:
Tower has four unique ones. One's a generic stage order (it can have several different requirements--compare how code: attacks can be anything), one's for fighting Elder (or arms--not sure), one looks to be a poison room (like in PSO ruins), one seems to be... err... just kill all the monsters.
Burning Rangers trial. Has absolutely no text yet, but has conditions for finding and rescuing people, adding generators(?), and a time limit.

Standard selection of new clothing, etc.

(Extreme Passes are "virtual items" that you have to view at a terminal, so presumably they work like PSU's training passes.)
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Mon May 13, 2013 11:24 pm

Looks like ******************* is how they dummy out text now, guess they're tired of people like me ripping out things about the FUTURE, heh.

Large icons.

Random snippets from the text files:
Rare Goronzoran is named "Zoron Goraal" (ゾロン・ゴラール).
There's a team room attendant named "Ricardo" (リカルド). The others are uninteresting.
There's a "Favors Dewmans" character trait (デューマン好き).
The bird(bird(crow)) enemy type is "Chimera"; there's a character trait for fighting them (キメラ狙い).
There are 6 new item affixes--Alter Arma, Alter Tiro, Alter Magia, Flict Arma, Flict Tiro, Flict Magia. Basically souls (Alter's +30 HP/+20 *attack stat*, Flict is +3 PP/+20 *attack stat*).
"Arks Road" is a thing. It has ranks, and cards with rewards.
Bingo cards: Also exist. Appear to be like bingo cards, but I don't know the specifics (I think they're CO-ish?).
"Katana" and "Compound Bow" are the confirmed weapon names ("カタナ" and "コンパウンドボウ").
Event quests are "Limited Quests" (期間限定クエスト), for the 3 of you who care about naming conventions.
Swordarcher's real name is "Braver" (ブレイバー).
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed May 29, 2013 4:52 am

Perfect Keeper is a whopping 120% multiplier now, putting it on par with Fury Combo Up.

If, you know, Perfect Keeper's condition was "PUSH THE BUTTON", and if it followed 166%'s worth of bonuses that also required "PUSH THE BUTTON" (and 5% extra damage) rather than 132%'s worth that requires point-blank range and 10 SP's worth of pointless stat modifiers.

(Obviously I don't have the range values for new ZRA or Satellite Aim, but so far...)
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:53 am

Large icons. Small icons.

Highlights:
ANYAN FLOWERS wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (best room deco).
Sonic Knuckles is a weapon camo. There's a weird nonrare machinegun in the rare section (two above and one to the left from Dancing Hitogata, on the right side).
Puyo mag.
Real Neiclaw.

On the text side:
New COs for the Border Break quest ("Creepy! Mechs in the City!", etc) and Burning Rangers quest.
New affixes: Persona Soul, ???? (+30 all attack stats; used to be named VH Soul), and what I can only assume is Cougar Soul ("Contains a power that breaks borders.")
E-trial changes: Looks like Code: Collect gives you exp/meseta each time you return an object.
New emergency quests: Arks Ship Calamity (アークスシップの災禍), Enraged Dark Arms (猛る黒曜の暴腕), Utterly Profound (深遠に至りし巨なる躯).
New limited quest: Chaotic Border Break (境界を砕く混沌).

I'm sure there's more that can be gleaned. As a note, the new Elder quests don't feature the same enemy as the old ones, these are "EX" versions (based on filename; they won't tell you in-game, same with Persona's EX version).
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:18 am

New large icons for those who didn't see them on the uploader.

On the text side of things...
Xie (1st Anniversary), FUN Shop (1st Anniversary, until August 17).
That +30 all attack stat affix is "Modulator".
Persona Soul (+30 R-DEF, +2 PP, +20 HP)
Cougar Soul (+15 all attack stats, +15 dex, +20 HP, +2 PP)

Rare Cougar is "Cougar NX ACE".

There's an item potential that lets you fight fires more efficiently (yes, really).

Bingo orders include things like "Kill a Spardan A", "Kill Vol Dragon", "Clear the 'Aircraft Defense' E-Trial", "Experience a PSE Burst", "Reach +5 risk on Special Survey: Forest", clear various COs (I see ones for Xie's orders, one of Kressida's, and I believe the first SP orders for each class), clear various quests (note that this includes Profound Darkness' Kin: Elder), and so on. I'll have a more comprehensive list when the rest of translation's done.
Agrajag

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch