A minor glimpse into the release client

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: A minor glimpse into the release client

Postby NextTime000 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:21 pm

we could be headed on over to poke at the corpse of the original series; most of the enemies we think they are seem to be represented there
NextTime000

Postby Qwerty » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:41 am

http://www.phantasy-star.net/psi/psimonsters.html

Basically all we need is a Medusa to seal the deal.
Qwerty

Postby dian333 » Sun May 07, 2017 6:58 am

is there any file telling about structure of .aqe "effect".
finded some trouble at trying "Particle System" , especially at particle_copy and emit_speed
dian333

Postby Chikinface » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:31 pm

not had a look at file structures for a while, been mostly busy training other skills.

Found new enemies with this update, that's all so far.
FD1Me
FD1MeA
FD1MeB
BD1Dp
FD1Dhu
BD2Crw
ID1Apple
RD

FD1DhuU
was en_dp_human_neo before, but neither are in the data anymore. I assume they renamed it to FD1Dhu there, with its new filename being en_fd1dhu.ice.

BD1Dp has an AI file and it seems to be a complete copy of Dark Falz Loser's AI. Not really sure what to make of that, though it's been suggested that it might be an event specific version of the boss.

ID1Apple I have no idea. From the looks of its AI, it seems they've only just begun work on whatever this could turn out to be.

As you may be able to see, the namin convention seems to follow something like [Code][Number[[ShorthandName]. Observed codes are B, FD, BD, and ID. I have no idea what the significance of these is at this time.

RD seems unique in that respect. It could be a code but I assume it's a standalone name like DK was (which turned out to be Odin). RD's AI shows a number of breath based attacks, tail attacks and a bite attack. It makes me think of De Ragan but the letters are in the wrong order for that (also the PSU event is very much over now). Odds seem good it's some kind of dragon enemy, however.
Chikinface

Postby NextTime000 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:15 pm

well, there was a large icon for an Arb Boa camo that somebody else dug up; they said it was a camo anyway. there MIGHT be one last PSU surprise waiting for us; though de ragun would be kinda weird considering how close Vol Dragon is to both ragun and the pso1 dragon. though they could try De Ragnus I guess?

I think I would want to see what other new icons were put into this update but the usual person who dumps a .rar/zip on psow hasn't done it for this update yet

EDIT: I was talking to somebody and they brought up there might be some new boss area textures somewhere
NextTime000

Postby Macman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:32 pm

I can't think of a single PSU boss that I would enjoy seeing in PSO2...
Macman

Postby Agrajag » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:49 pm

I feel like Magas Maggahna could work okay as a direct port, but if they wanted to be a bit more interpretive with them, one of the dragons would be okay enough (preferably Alteraz).

I want to believe it's a Robot Dragon, because robots are cool.
Agrajag

Postby Qwerty » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Magas Maggahna, the worst boss.
Qwerty

Postby Agrajag » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:36 pm

Well, I mean...
*100 feet tall
*Random missiles
*Giant laser
*Effectively undodgeable wide-area attacks.

It was pretty terrible in PSU, largely because it's every single PSO2 raid boss.
Agrajag

Postby Qwerty » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:46 am

You make a fair point.
Qwerty

PreviousNext

Return to PSO2 Patch