A minor glimpse into the release client

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

A minor glimpse into the release client

Postby Agrajag » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Managed to grab these out of the campship:
Tunnels:
"DragonLand" (real name forthcoming... eventually)
That mystery autumn area:

Because of the area number, I can confirm that it's Sealed Ruins. Looking at the icon, it's probably closer to PSZ's Makara Ruins than the PSO ruins. This means the winter area's presumably DarkFalzSeal, but I haven't found anything actually from that area yet.
Agrajag

Re: A minor glimpse into the release client

Postby Agrajag » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:32 am

De-icer's out, so there's nothing stopping anyone from getting these, so there's no reason to keep them secret any more!
Release large icons (items, enemies, areas--a few areas are still empty because they haven't been filled in yet).
Mags.
Large icons from the July 18th update.
Release icon sheet.
July 18th icon sheet.

As a side note, the next Gacha rotation is August 1. That will likely be the Fang Banther and Summer Rappy update, as well.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:16 am

This isn't particularly datamining-y, but if anyone ever wondered what the writing in tunnels meant (sorry, big image, I know):

Thanks to Raujinn for help with a large part of that.

Shows up a couple places.
Writing scattered throughout the tunnels. (With transparency) Deciphered. (Thanks Raujinn!)
The sign right before Tranmizer.

The sign's actually mostly in romanji.
Yellow banner in the background says "INFORMATION".
Large text is as follows:
saishu shita shigen ha
bosei ni tensou shimasu

kichou na monomo
ooitame
shinchou ni
sagyou surukoto

Translated (thanks to EspioKaos!), it means "Transport collected materials to mother (base). There are many precious items (here). Be careful while working." No idea what that last letter on the final line is, it only shows up there, and adding J, Q, X, or Z doesn't make a real word; only punctuation so far is : on "PLANT: A", and that was the same as normal.

Haven't gotten to the small text yet, heh.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:49 am

On a whim, decided to wander through the various map models. You never know what you'll find!

Unreleased weapon drop models. Thanks Raujinn, for texturing them! Twin Machinegun, Wand, Twin Dagger, Double Saber, Knuckle.

Cake shop (thanks to Raujinn again for texturing):

Third Code:Collect item (Thanks Raujinn for texturing!) (As in, for the "pick up items and throw in teleporter" version; there's this egg, the insect fossil, and the rare mineral sample)
Gun emplacement (Thanks Vashyron for texturing!)

Potentially more to be posted here, heh. Depends what's found. So far, I know I've seen several fossilized Dark Ragne components (for Lillipa?), multiple crates for cake, and various other odds and ends.

EDIT: Curious what that rod in the story will look like when it's repaired?
This isn't the actual weapon, it's the textures applied to a similar one that already exists, but it's pretty close. The story one has the "petals" still closed.
As usual, thanks Raujinn for the texturing.
Agrajag

Postby Agrajag » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:29 am

I was going to make a long post complaining about dragonland (long story short: about half of the monsters have been referenced in the client since the character creator; the other half are blatant reskins that they for no apparent reason decided to have a mission revolve around yes I'm looking at you Caterdra'nsa), but I'll spare you.

Random snippets!
*"Fighter" uses gunslashes and presumably all the new striking weapons.
*"Gunner" uses gunslashes, rifles, and twin machineguns.
*"Techer" uses gunslashes, talises, and wands. As of right now, it can not use techs, but that seems likely to just be a special case that hasn't been enabled yet.
*As of right now, subclasses apply the skills from both your main class and your subclass, and enable PAs for the subclass' weapons. They do not enable techs or new equipment (so Ranger/Hunter can use PAs on Space Tuna or Soul Eater, but cannot equip Sword or Glaive).
*There are no stats for the new classes, they just use hunter ones at the moment. I can't verify if they have skill trees or not, but the odds seem very much against it.
Agrajag

Postby Macman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:17 am

Agrajag wrote:*As of right now, subclasses apply the skills from both your main class and your subclass, and enable PAs for the subclass' weapons. They do not enable techs or new equipment
I doubt that'll stick, given there would be ZERO use to the "techer" subclass, otherwise.
Macman

Postby Agrajag » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:52 pm

In spite of me mentioning them in the same post, fighter/gunner/techer aren't subclass-only. They're being released before subclassing is (fi/gu/te in September, subclasses in October). That said, both Force and Techer would be totally worthless as subclasses if you don't get techs alongside them (unless you really enjoy your Duel Gaze, but just wish you could get T-ATK Up 1/2 and Photon Flare to up its damage a bit).
Agrajag

Postby Tycho01 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:52 am

I feel like I should GTFO after having bailed on post-release translations, but anyway, for Arkive/PSOW or other interested sites, I split the small icons linked earlier (using TileMage Image Splitter), result here. Haven't renamed them, but yeah. In any case, sorry.
Tycho01

Postby Vashyron » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:52 am

Unreleased Accessory and Hair Icons.

More Here, Here and Here.

Plus NPCs.
Vashyron

Postby Vashyron » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:38 am

Vashyron

Next

Return to PSO2 Patch