Updating patches tips and tricks?

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Updating patches tips and tricks?

Postby Silver_ » Tue May 02, 2017 2:38 am

So after 3 days of trying to edit text and put it back in the game i finally got it to work.
I was wondering if anyone has tips or tricks for updating the patch every week.

i see that these 2 files are updated every time
057aa975bdd2b372fe092614b0f4399e seems like a bunch of resources? text and sound
ceffe0e2386e8d39f188358303a92a7d seems to be npc's
what changes in them every week (i haven't looked yet)

whats usually a cause of a problem if something doesn't work?
how often does sega like to change files around for no reason?
Is there anything else that changes every time?
any general tips would be appreciated i know there is going to be stuff i find the first time sega updates
Silver_

Re: Updating patches tips and tricks?

Postby AIDA » Tue May 02, 2017 11:52 am

Is there a reason you've taken it upon yourself to do this? We've already stated, multiple times, that the old version of the patch is not going away, and will continue to be updated. Earlier this morning, we found a way to backtrack a lot of things from the new patch into the old one.

That said, many more files than that change every week.

To answer your questions:
The usual problems are SEGA inserts new lines, deleting lines, rewriting lines, the typical things.
Literally all the time, typically every time there's an update or maintenance.
A ton of different things.

If your interest is helping to translate the game, feel free to help out: https://github.com/Arks-Layer/PSO2ENPatchCSV/
AIDA

Postby Silver_ » Tue May 02, 2017 5:55 pm

AIDA wrote:Is there a reason you've taken it upon yourself to do this? We've already stated, multiple times, that the old version of the patch is not going away, and will continue to be updated. Earlier this morning, we found a way to backtrack a lot of things from the new patch into the old one.

I'm very confused you said yourself that it will not be updated. I just want to play the game like i have.

Thank you for the tips though.
Silver_

Postby AIDA » Tue May 02, 2017 6:23 pm

Context is important :thumbsup:

My comment was (very clearly) towards his comment relating to SEGA using a different ICE file encryption.

And we had originally intended to abandon the old method (Agrajag agreed with this as well), but because of feedback, we'll be distributing the old method as well.

Let me lay out one of the technical issues that I literally said multiple times that we were working on. Since people have no patience and took "We'll see if we can do that" as "Aida is trying to monopolize the patches with Tweaker!" which has never been the case:

The old patch method seperated all the files from each ICE archive into a folder. In those folders were multiple .text files.

The new patch method uses -only- those .text files, in a large archive. It doesn't care what file they're supposed to be in.

Do you see the problem? We have to now write code to move/copy/organize 4,433 .text files into 52 folders, and do a bunch of other conversions/fixes to backport our new method into the old one, which is why I asked for time to solve this problem.
AIDA

Postby Qwerty » Tue May 02, 2017 9:43 pm

Come on, guys, AIDA and co. are clearly making a good faith effort to address this problem here.

Let's all have a little patience, yes?
Qwerty

Postby AIDA » Tue May 02, 2017 10:35 pm

Qwerty wrote:Come on, guys, AIDA and co. are clearly making a good faith effort to address this problem here.

Let's all have a little patience, yes?

Thank you.

We've successfully created an automated way of doing it, and weekly patches will be located here: http://pso2.acf.me.uk/Manual/

The first one, for example, is https://pso2.acf.me.uk/Manual/patch_2017_05_02.zip
AIDA

Postby Macman » Sat May 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Hey, thanks a ton for listening to us few whiners. I still launch the game through Steam for the purpose of hosting screenshots so I really appreciate you maintaining the old methods.
Macman

Postby AIDA » Sun May 07, 2017 12:35 am

Macman wrote:Hey, thanks a ton for listening to us few whiners. I still launch the game through Steam for the purpose of hosting screenshots so I really appreciate you maintaining the old methods.

I wouldn't call you guys "whiners". You just want to play the game in a different way, using different things. (which is okay!) And it's no problem, just glad we could find a way to make everyone happy! Speaking of Steam, I've always wanted a way to forcibly inject Steam in PSO2 so it could be launched via Tweaker but with the steam interface. I tried using the game overlay DLL, but there seems to be more to it than that.
AIDA

Return to PSO2 Patch