PSO2 CML Parser

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Re: PSO2 CML Parser

Postby gabor100 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:14 pm

Chikinface wrote:I don't really see the use of the functionality? At best you could turn your characters into NPC replacements. It may have use for custom private server content I guess?

To replace the NPC's in shop preview windows, so i can check out cast parts on my cast waifu without the need to log out from flesh race and log in with my cast, since most(if not all) cast NPC's look bad/have bad colors IMHO. There may be some other way to do this, but i have no idea how the game handles the preview windows.
gabor100

Postby TheszNuts » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:47 am

Is this abandoned? I'd like to see it compatible with layered wear NPCs.
TheszNuts

Postby Chikinface » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:55 pm

What compatibility issues? I mean if you just want the facial/body presets the parser works just fine on layered wear characters last I tried.

Also be aware I believe certain unpackers change the file header which the parser depends on to parse those files.
Chikinface

Postby Chikinface » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:08 pm

Ok, updated the parser to include localization options. Download link is in the OP.

With this update the tool is now dual-language with English and Japanese. With thanks to Naoya Takana for providing translations.

To change language, simply click the drop-down menu in the top-right as shown:

Other changes:
  • Re-sized the text area so you can now see all of its output at once. No more awkward scrolling!
  • Moved the checkbox objects to the top of the window
  • The file is now read into memory before all other options are carried out on it. This gets rid of an issue where the parser failed to operate if the file it was reading was deleted/renamed before it was parsed.
  • The text area's output now updates its contents when you check/uncheck the "Output Parts Info" button.

That's all that's new in this version. I realise I'm not updating this tool often, however I don't think this is the end of my work on this either.

Things I'd like to do for it some day:
  • Update the text databases. Right now it isn't feasible as I no longer have access to the same text files I did back when we had control of the english patch. I may need to work out a new solution for this. Note that this won't solve issues with unknown NPC costume parts as those are often unique unaccessible items with no names anyway.
  • Prettify the text output a bit. Its a bit of a mess right now.
  • Reverse parsing as requested. As I said this is in principal feasible but I'm quite intimidated by it! I was reluctant to do it before as private server efforts were in their infancy. Seeing as things still seem to be going on that front I figure it'd be cool if you could use the character creator to make custom NPCs for server content. So definitely got it in mind.
  • Perhaps add other little character related features like race/sex change? Would require new UI elements.

These are not promises, merely ideas if I ever want to update this tool again in the future.
Chikinface

Previous

Return to PSO2 Patch