Closed B- Er Translation Patch Thread YES ITS READY

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Closed B- Er Translation Patch Thread YES ITS READY

Postby Agrajag » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:30 pm

EDITED:
Partial translation is available here.

Most recent version: Apr 23 2012, 3:45 AM EST/8:45 AM GMT.

Special thanks to:
Mewn (odds and ends)
EspioKaos (quests)
Tycho (matter board, various UI bits)

EDIT: 4/23/12-very minor fixes. Spacing on unique boss designations e.g Vibe DragonVol Dragon (thanks Vashyron for actually managing to find two), a few enemy names (Karonga->Garonga, to help the people who can read katakana, a few consistency things), and Recovery Pot->Recovery Pod (because really).

Original message:
There's been a bit of a setback for the complete dissection (they reworked ice file headers, at the very least), but the following has been found so far:
Main UI texture (cropped because the top half is still blank).
Item small icons. Note the CV fleshy clothes (they change the second color; unclear what it'll mean for the selectable colors) and like a bajillion weapons.

Text strings:
Dewman (yes, it's actually referenced outside the character creator now). Actual text for its name appears to be "-" right now, so yeah. Someone found a reference to "beast" in with the others, but I can't really confirm if it means anything (it appears to be placed wrong; everything has dewman fourth, but that has beast fourth and dewman fifth).
Classes: 17 slots (00-16). 17 also exists, but it's "All classes" (for equipment data).
0491: DesertBossNew. I can only assume this means they decided that 0490 wasn't good enough, and totally remade it.
enemy/en_rappy_helloween.ice, enemy/en_rappy_easter.ice, enemy/en_rappy_santa.ice. Seasonal monsters? Oh yes.
Photon Blasts: 4 categories, 3 each.
Photon arts: 7 per weapon type are available (2 yet to be released).

I have the text file that has the PA, enemy, NPC, etc names in it, I'll dump it to a .txt in a bit and upload it.

EDIT: Aaaand... done! Here it is.
Most immediately relevant: The four PB creatures are ヘリクス (Helix; nonstandard spelling, potentially Heracles/Hercules), アイアス (Aias; nonstandard spelling, Ajax), ケートス (Ketos, Cetus), and ユリウス (Julius). Each has three attacks (shared): プロイ (proi, "morning"), イメラ (imera, day), ニフタ (nykta, night).

Yes. PBs are named in Greek. This is the most awesome PS ever.
Last edited by Agrajag on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
Agrajag

Re: Closed Beta

Postby Rikku » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:23 am

Dewmans and Beasts? Would be nice to have 5 playable races, but knowing SEGA, I'm not giving my hopes up :l ...

Double Sabers, Twin Daggers, and Knuckles PAs? <3

(We should have a topic in the lounge to discuss the notes ... I should've made one instead of commenting here.)
Rikku

Postby Tycho01 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:52 am

Hah, I didn't even get the mail yet, pretty quick. Anyway, so this'd mean quite a bit is client-side anyway? That's not so bad then. Wonder about the checksums then. If replacing would work, this should be doable to translate.
The drinks remind me of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, haha.
Tycho01

Postby M3rror » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:12 am

So more references to Dewmans now... hm it'll be interesting to see nonetheless, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up. Maybe Dewmans will be in an Episode II update and right now they're just setting down the templates for them to come?

Right now I'm more so curious as to whether or not they have done more work on the English (and other languages) files. I kinda figured if the game is going to have global support as planned that they would at least have near launch dates for each region so that one does not gain a drastic advantage over the other.
M3rror

Postby Agrajag » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:36 am

Rikku wrote:Double Sabers, Twin Daggers, and Knuckles PAs? <3
They're just dummy values for now. The weapons are known, but the PAs are currently not named.

Tycho01: The standard menus still appear to be client side, along with things like weapon specials (this isn't surprising). More surprisingly, the client orders also are. (Once the de-icer works, there will be delightful fun times.)

Here, have the possible item special attributes and their descriptions.
Agrajag

Postby xKasuka1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:56 am

Does anyone have a download for this game? Mu brother Is getting MacBook
- It's True
xKasuka1

Postby Macman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:42 am

Man, things aren't looking good. Looks like I'm not getting picked for the beta.
Macman

Postby Sakarisei » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:43 am

Until 19th April... we can pray god for getting chosen for closed beta...
Sakarisei

Postby Agrajag » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:00 am

You can't be guaranteed you didn't get in until it's over. That said, the odds aren't terribly good, assuming the rate of entries continued anywhere near where it was the first few days.

Class base stats (and character modifiers). Not going to bother linking the calculated stats, the only thing that's changed since alpha 2 was experience required (which was multiplied anywhere between 4x at level 1-2 and 1.002x at 99-100). They didn't even change the "level 50-51 has weird stats" thing.
Agrajag

Postby Tycho01 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Translations for the attribute names, explanations and all that other crap.
e: open to suggestions, already gave Espio edit access just in case (but anyone else who wants it can get it too).
Last edited by Tycho01 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tycho01

Next

Return to PSO2 Patch