Game still in Japanese

I'm sure PSO2 will get a US version some time this century. Meanwhile there is a patch and this is the forum where you can discuss it and get help with issues.

Game still in Japanese

Postby iTyphlosion » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:18 am

Hey there, so my game still is in Japanese even after installing the up-to-date base English patch. I just installed PSO2 today after a sudden need to relive what I missed from PSU, but it's impossible as I don't know how to read or speak Japanese. I installed PSO2 Tweaker (followed this guide to install: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthr ... ?t=210236; although I did initially install the game straight from Sega's site and not from the English launcher that was provided). I installed all of the English patches with PSO2 Tweaker and no dice, still Japanese after launching both with PSO2 Tweaker and just with the PSO2 launcher itself.
So I came here and saw this thread with the up-to-date files, and followed the instructions to install this English patch. However my game is still Japanese. Is it incompatible? Is there something I did wrong, and if so how do I fix it? I really want to play, but I can't enjoy what I can't even read lol. I've seen videos of the English patch in play so I know for sure it isn't working, as I don't even know what the game is saying on the main menu or how to create a character or anything.
iTyphlosion

Re: Game still in Japanese

Postby Macman » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Assuming a default installation:
c:\program files (x86)\sega\phantasystaronline2\pso2_bin\data\win32

Make sure the English files are put in that folder and nowhere else.
Macman

Postby iTyphlosion » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:34 pm

I fixed it and the game is sort of in English, enough to where I know what I am doing. But I am getting an error code 249 now when I get on. It worked earlier when I played up to Level 7. Then I left to do errands, came back and can't join in cus I keep getting an error and all of the ships show as unkown instead of online. It's 3:34 PM PST for me, could there be maintenance?
iTyphlosion

Postby AzulCless » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:16 pm

iTyphlosion wrote: It's 3:34 PM PST for me, could there be maintenance?

Bingo! Google says it might take a couple of hours.
AzulCless

Postby iTyphlosion » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:18 pm

Roger! Thank you. Feared I was banned or something, but maintenance is okay. :P
iTyphlosion

Postby iTyphlosion » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:51 am

Does maintenance typically take this long? Been down since 2-ish... It's 9:50pm PST now. PSO2 Tweaker says it is online, but all the ships show as offline.
iTyphlosion

Postby Qwerty » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:22 am

Maintenance is 10 hours this week. It will be over at about 1AM PST. It's not normally quite this long, but you should just plan on never playing PSO2 on a Tuesday evening.
Qwerty

Postby iTyphlosion » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:16 am

Ah, alright. Learned the hard way. XD On that note, I had heard that you have to reinstall the patches after maintenance? How does that work? I use PSO2 Tweaker, so do I simply just uninstall the patches and then reinstall them? Or is there a certain way to go about it?
iTyphlosion

Postby ezodagrom » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:56 pm

iTyphlosion wrote:Ah, alright. Learned the hard way. XD On that note, I had heard that you have to reinstall the patches after maintenance? How does that work? I use PSO2 Tweaker, so do I simply just uninstall the patches and then reinstall them? Or is there a certain way to go about it?

Today's maintenance was just a server hardware maintenance, there were no updates for the game itself, so nothing needs to be done when it comes to patches.
ezodagrom

Postby iTyphlosion » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:49 pm

Okay. Is there a link to where I can look up what the maintenance is? Would be good so I don't annoy you guys in the future. Still trying to learn the mechanics of this game haha.
iTyphlosion

Next

Return to PSO2 Patch