learn erlang

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

learn erlang

Postby break » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:53 pm

since the work on the egs private server stopped, i was wondering where the best place to learn erlang would be, so i could understand the server, how it worked things like that. im tired of expecting someone else to put the effort in to it. wether loads of people want to play or noone wants to play, wether no one wants to help or everyone wants to help, i think for me to have the career i want knowing erlang could be huge for me.

and before someone claims learning it is too hard or something, i am self taught in c# and javascript, thank you
break

Re: learn erlang

Postby Chikinface » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:07 pm

While it's refreshing to see a more proactive post than a complaint, I have to warn you that you're going to be in for a world of pain if you expect erlang to be anything like C# or Javascript. As in if you want to learn it seriously it'd be like starting from complete scratch, forget all you know pretty much.

Essen is more learned on the subject as he makes his living off of it now I believe, but the link I see come up a lot is http://learnyousomeerlang.com/

Good luck.
Chikinface

Return to PSU Modding