Widescreen / 1080p Resolution?

Topics about modding PSU. The home of the offline project.

Widescreen / 1080p Resolution?

Postby xBladeM6x » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:33 am

Probably obvious by the title, but is it possible to set the game into 1920x1080 resolution so it's not all stretched to shit in fullscreen? Even if it requires a mod of some sort, I'd love it.
xBladeM6x

Re: Widescreen / 1080p Resolution?

Postby xBladeM6x » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:31 am

Damn, after searching around it seems that no one has figured it out. Maybe someone on here can provide some magic solution. Lol
xBladeM6x

Postby Maronji » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:53 am

I found this in the archives. All it needs is a No-GG exe.

I haven't personally tested it, however, so use at your own risk. Also, with custom resolutions, there's a known bug that breaks your mini-map, so I hope you know the areas like the back of your hand (or can deal with just not having a minimap).
Maronji

Postby xBladeM6x » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:25 am

Thank you, this helped a lot. One question though, is it possible to use this, and still use all the offline missions / lobby actions mods and stuff that Agrajag made? I notice it default back to the "normal" game without the additional content.
xBladeM6x

Postby Maronji » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:52 am

I wouldn't know. That tool was uploaded before Agrajag's whole mod thing came about. You might have to screw around with a few things.
Maronji

Postby Agrajag » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:09 am

Any edited .exe will lose any changes I made to the .exe files. If you have a hex editor, you can compare the two and copy the changes from that one to one of mine (or vice versa, I just think the resolution ones are smaller in terms of amount of data changed).
Agrajag

Postby xBladeM6x » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:37 am

Ah, that all sounds like things I would break just by looking at them. I suppose I'll use the Resolution patch thing whenever I want to play vanilla stuff, and your content in 720p windowed mode when I want to play that in the meantime. :P
xBladeM6x

Postby Noda » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:47 pm

This was the thread where I dumped how to edit the resolutions, and the limitations of this method. This is quite old and I can absolutely not guarantee anything with this, especially with other customized executables. There are also a number of issues with the UI.
archives/forums/comments.php@DiscussionID=29&page=1.html

Also this thread had some explanations on the issue. (Ignore the actual main topic of this thread; some information might still be of use but the programs and links on offer are likely very out of date by now.)
archives/forums/comments.php@DiscussionID=119&page=1.html

Also just to make it doubly clear, this is an old, unsupported method. If you choose to edit your executable, please don't bother Agrajag or others for support if something isn't working right with one of the projects here. Test to see if the issue is repeatable in whatever officially supported executable they offer first. Not implying anyone here would, but just in case anyone browses this sometime later, does this hack and forgets about it.
Noda

Return to PSU Modding